Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It's spring, and spring never happens in Kumon-Mi.

All bets are off.

Maybe in spring, death actually sticks -- or at least until it's no longer spring.
The basis for this could be either right or wrong. It seems that the cycles are supposed to have spring and fall. Winter takes two resets, and Summer does the same. This probably means that even with spring and fall having been taken, their original reset spots are still there, which would also mean that spring and fall reset the world as well, same as Winter and Summer.

It's strange because having just one continuous seasonal cycle without resets would also mean no Wires, HOPE or Pareidolia, since they'd probably get fused again into a single being. Maybe they're never gods to begin with and the nature of the resets and their split is an attempt to maintain their makeshift divinity (they're called makeshift gods after all).

Himawari is either confused or playing dumb at Ayane's mention of a reset. Wild theory time, what if the actual gods that visit Kumon-Mi through the gate aren't even aware of the reset mechanic, as it is a fake divine act on the simulation/minds of its people alone?

Furthermore, if the four gods aren't even gods, what does it mean for NAO (xeonon) to call her acts half-divine in nature? Is that because she's a fragment of a higher being, a spawn of a something and a god, or something else entirely?

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Akira is actually a marsh wobler.He has said so himself early on in the game

"But nobody cares that im a marsh wobler"
The marsh warbler (Acrocephalus palustris)
[...]It is notable for incorporating striking imitations of a wide variety of other birds into its song.[...]

Akira did say that he is a white fronted parrot when he was with Nodoka. I suppose, being a marsh warbler makes it easy for him to imitate other birds.
I could imagine Yumi calling him a dickcissel, for example.

Reactions: Comiies

Deathfollows

Apr 4, 2024
>People dont die in Kumon mi
>Makotos father and Sekai
>Are we a joke to you?

Anyways to add to the tin foil theories.The way i interpet the relationship between the world and the terminals is that of a tree(Insert laugh track about wires) and its branches

The world is the tree.The host to every ternimal and the terminals themselves are its branches.When the terminals "die" and dissapear their cut off from the tree and wither away.IF we follow that interpetation now the various gods and miscreants that inhabit said terminals are pests that hurt the tree,break the branches and move from one branch to another until it breaks and dissapears.

In short i believe that the conflict of these deities will cause the branch to break(Maybe thats the reason why Wires is so hellbent in keeping the status quo? And if thats the case is Hope dissatisfied with how subservient they are to the tree and thats why he wants reform? And even more so is pareidolia bitter about it just like hope but instead of seeking reform he wishes to destroy its owner? Stuff to think about i suppose)
were either of them IN Kumon-me? Makoto's dad wasnt and Sekai happened way before the fuckery thats happening now.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
were either of them IN Kumon-me? Makoto's dad wasnt and Sekai happened way before the fuckery thats happening now.
They both died before the fuckery started.

The fuckery loops from mid/late summer to early January. If the phone call Maki got is to be taken at face value, he died in June. There is no June within the time loop -- meaning he was already dead when the game began.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
If you’re asking about location-wise, yes Sekai’s death took place in Kumon-mi. Akira visited where the accident happened with Niki’s assistance.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
forgetting they are supposed to be speaking Japanese.
EIGOWAHANASEMASEN NIHONGOWOHANASHITEKUDASAI (y)

full immersion now.

Edit: on the counter-argument side, the monogatari series half doesn't work in English exactly because it's such a gem of constant play on words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riolol

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
EIGOWAHANASEMASEN NIHONGOWOHANASHITEKUDASAI (y)

full immersion now.

Edit: on the counter-argument side, the monogatari series half doesn't work in English exactly because it's such a gem of constant play on words.
I pity anyone that dares translate ANY of Isis works

Reactions: Moonflare

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
This just shows that Sel doesn't remember what he already wrote in game. Niki fng hates him. I'm pretty sure one of the other girls said nice things about him.
I think it has been established that Sel does this on purpose to stir up the community and provoke comments, just like a controversial TikTok influencer would.
That's very Nodoka of him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I think it has been established that Sel does this on purpose to stir up the community and provoke comments, just like a controversial TikTok influencer would.

First time i see Yumi THIS high.Impressive.

Care to elaborate?Also otoha being higher than imani is a sin

derekthered56

May 30, 2018

Having both Kirin and Karin in S-tier is an interesting choice. Are there two Imanis?

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
First time i see Yumi THIS high.Impressive.
This one I find easy considering the latest update. Yumi is one of the very few characters actively calling Akira out for being an absolute piece of shit creep, which he is. She is the antithesis of Chika, if you will, ironically. She is very well aware that he has no business lusting for schoolgirls, let alone his own students and that it does not make sense why the whole class is falling in love with him anyway, again, especially Chika who actually deserves a steady and reliable partner.
Which makes it oh so much worse that she still has feelings for this jerk, which I find perfectly portrayed in the little things she does, her reactions, her gradual dismantling of the barrier she built herself. It's quite beautiful, especially in this culminating scene between each other in the rain shelter. Yumi is arguably one of the most relatable character from the perspective of the player, I would claim. We know Akira is an asshole, we don't understand how he gets away with it, but we can't help ourselves to somehow still root for him.

Also otoha being higher than imani is a sin
I don't dislike Otoha as much as most guys here. She is, again, one of the most realistic characters in the game, as in, she actually acts a lot like a normal teenager would in the situation she is thrown into. Yes, she is somewhat unpredictable and sometimes annoying. But she is supposed to be, she is a teenager and a musician. Also, her ass.

Imani I just find a little bit boring, sorry. I would actually find her more unique and interesting if she remained the "best buddy" of Akira, but she has also fallen victim to his curse, albeit with a little bit less explanation than for most of the other girls. As in, I'm not sure what she sees in him exactly to be so much into him. Also someone once said on here that her character model looks odd somehow, and while I want to concur that these feelings do not stem from some form of racism, there is something about it that I also can't really put my finger on. Koikatsu is kind of bad at depicting characters that are not supposed to look East-Asian, I suppose.

Having both Kirin and Karin in S-tier is an interesting choice. Are there two Imanis?
The Kanda sisters are kind of two sides of a medal in my book. I like them for, obviously, very different reasons.
Kirin has definitely grown on me. Again, she seems a bit more reflective and aware in some regards than a lot of the other girls. Though I also was a bit disappointed with how Sel apparently decided to settle the matter between Akira, Karin and Kirin.
And Karin is just a sweetheart. Also it was nice to see that she is not afraid to be assertive and clear in her opinions and intentions, despite her otherwise very reserved demeanor, when facing Akira after the event.

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes