DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
- Yumi: has nice boobs and kind of reminds me of a pitiable dog
Top 10 sentences that get you killed/reset the fastest in Kumon-mi.

Sana does look incredible in her adult form though, I have to give you that. But I haven't seen all of them yet, I could imagine someone like Molly, Uta, Noriko or Touka maturing very gracefully. Kirin looked great too in that one render from Kitty Hawk.

Regarding Rin's hair: Like many things in this game, it has been growing on me. It's just that the change was so extreme, similar to Chika obviously, that you needed to get used to it first. Rin remains best bro though, even if she went bald.
Best hair change award goes to Sana as well though, no contest.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Sort of related but it really bugs me when characters say their wordplay does not work in text, forgetting they are supposed to be speaking Japanese. I know it's just a little fourth wall breaking joke but still it irks me.
Okay, so I may or may not write books where the characters are in theory speaking in a language other than the one I'm writing in. So I may (or may not) know a little about this.

I get what you're saying, absolutely, but there's a reason that Sel (and writers like him) have to do it the way they do.

Wordplay famously doesn't translate -- especially across languages that don't share much (or any) vocabulary. And since certain characters kind of have to use puns and all the rest of it, you have to decide that you're going to play your silly games in the language you're writing in. Then you hope that the reader understands that what they're reading is a suggestion of how the characters are talking, rather than a literal record of what they're actually saying. It's why machine translation will always suck, especially around any kind of double entendre or other wordplay.

Because no one wants translation footnotes in their novels. Or VNs, for that matter.

The only other options are a) to have the characters making witty/snarky remarks in a language where those remarks make no sense or b) have them speak only in concrete, humorless language where translation won't ever be a problem. (BTW, such language really doesn't exist.)

I mean, in my writing (which is also set in another time period), I'm always careful not to have references to anachronisms or things the characters have no way of knowing about. Sometimes it's hard. Rather than use the obscure time units of the time and place my books are set in, I found I'd started to measure time in breaths and heartbeats and such, for example. I try to write from inside my characters' heads, even if the language I'm using to write down their thoughts and perceptions isn't the one they think in.

Mostly, I trust that the readers will go along with it. I get that in this case you found you couldn't. But I mostly find that I'm happy going along with Sel when he makes a joke that only really hits in Texas.

Does that make sense?

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I think it has been established that Sel does this on purpose to stir up the community and provoke comments, just like a controversial TikTok influencer would.
That's very Nodoka of him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Imani has an identical twin??

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Imani with curly hair looks real nice actually.

Airi Miyabe for instance, who is half japanese do have curly hair most of the time and she probably straightened it out so it'll be easy to tie when she's playing volleyball.

Jul 23, 2023
So what happend to the wiki? Used to be up to date like right away and had very detailed descriptions too. They haven't even put Ami's cut hair pic up yet and that's been for a few updates now.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
It's strange because having just one continuous seasonal cycle without resets would also mean no Wires, HOPE or Pareidolia, since they'd probably get fused again into a single being. Maybe they're never gods to begin with and the nature of the resets and their split is an attempt to maintain their makeshift divinity (they're called makeshift gods after all).
There was that happy event with the stations of the cross where Maya and Sensei discuss how one god is actually three gods, so you might not be too far off

Fackyouwh

Sep 26, 2023
Hey i need help here, can i update the game from 0.39.0 to 0.42.0 straight away? if i cant, where can i find 40 and 41 update only versions? i cant and dont want to download 11 whole gigabytes of the same game. i appreciate any help offered

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Hey i need help here, can i update the game from 0.39.0 to 0.42.0 straight away? if i cant, where can i find 40 and 41 update only versions? i cant and dont want to download 11 whole gigabytes of the same game. i appreciate any help offered
You should redownload the entire game because there were changes to the engine as of 0.42. While you can update, it's just easier (and safer) to redownload the whole thing.

GSwole

May 1, 2023
So what happend to the wiki? Used to be up to date like right away and had very detailed descriptions too. They haven't even put Ami's cut hair pic up yet and that's been for a few updates now.
main wiki editor who basically worked on it full time for free i might add stopped because of the loli content coming up soon in the game despite seeing sekai jerk off and fellate a shota akira. so the hypocrite stopped because they werent ok with future content being in their fetish wheelhouse

Oct 1, 2023
main wiki editor who basically worked on it full time for free i might add stopped because of the loli content coming up soon in the game despite seeing sekai jerk off and fellate a shota akira. so the hypocrite stopped because they werent ok with future content being in their fetish wheelhouse
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Welcome back!

I agree it's extremely hypocritical
"This underage girl is okay and I'll jerk off to her but this other one is more underage so I am going to make a fit and preach about morality, even tho I knew it was coming from miles away and technically we already saw it before with a boy but since it's a boy but not a girl I guess it's slightly better in my invisible morality scale"

Isn't it time for a new person to take care of the Wiki? JUST SAYING

• Haha
Reactions: GSwole

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
You always can join the wiki project. Registration is free
Isn't it time for a new person to take care of the Wiki? JUST SAYING
Wiki is maintained again. The problem is only with texts and it is not a major problem

Oct 1, 2023
You always can join the wiki project. Registration is free

Wiki is maintained again. The problem is only with texts and it is not a major problem
Apparently I need the green route otherwise I can't do it, and I wouldn't say that the Wiki is being "maintained" currently

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Okay, so I may or may not write books where the characters are in theory speaking in a language other than the one I'm writing in. So I may (or may not) know a little about this.

I get what you're saying, absolutely, but there's a reason that Sel (and writers like him) have to do it the way they do.

Wordplay famously doesn't translate -- especially across languages that don't share much (or any) vocabulary. And since certain characters kind of have to use puns and all the rest of it, you have to decide that you're going to play your silly games in the language you're writing in. Then you hope that the reader understands that what they're reading is a suggestion of how the characters are talking, rather than a literal record of what they're actually saying. It's why machine translation will always suck, especially around any kind of double entendre or other wordplay.

Because no one wants translation footnotes in their novels. Or VNs, for that matter.

The only other options are a) to have the characters making witty/snarky remarks in a language where those remarks make no sense or b) have them speak only in concrete, humorless language where translation won't ever be a problem. (BTW, such language really doesn't exist.)

I mean, in my writing (which is also set in another time period), I'm always careful not to have references to anachronisms or things the characters have no way of knowing about. Sometimes it's hard. Rather than use the obscure time units of the time and place my books are set in, I found I'd started to measure time in breaths and heartbeats and such, for example. I try to write from inside my characters' heads, even if the language I'm using to write down their thoughts and perceptions isn't the one they think in.

Mostly, I trust that the readers will go along with it. I get that in this case you found you couldn't. But I mostly find that I'm happy going along with Sel when he makes a joke that only really hits in Texas.

Does that make sense?
That does make sense and I understand the need to do it, like I said it only bugs me when they point out it doesn't work in text.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Jesus don't scare me like that. I almost thought the Lessons in Love rapture was upon us.

• Haha
Reactions: GSwole
4.10 star(s) 304 Votes