Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
No, it's supposed to be immersive but only following Selebus skewed philosophy of frustrating immersion that adds almost nothing worthwhile and detracts from the writing vs rely on his writing with convenient gameplay like any sane game designer, instead of overall disliked gimmicks.
I mean, I did post an apology for him on a similar issue not long ago. I guess I shouldn't get snarky here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I hate it because I always get lost in the damn thing, you can't even follow a simple spreadsheet like the reset events (and it's not included in it) - the event itself is good but I hate the mechanic so much it taints it for me.
I was working on my own linear mod (that I stopped because someone already made one for the game) but unlike theirs, I absolutely hate the reset events and allowed skipping through them... Amy just plays each room back to back :ROFLMAO: there were like 20 different rooms! Ridiculous.
I usually love liminal spaces — and this game is full of many spectacular examples. But playing your way through that one made me almost break my CTL key. And that's with the code open. :rolleyes:
Funny that I've spoken to a few people who don't know this (cough cough fd) but hitting the Tab key once is an auto-skip button so you don't have to hold down Ctrl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I mean, I did post an apology for him on a similar issue not long ago. I guess I shouldn't get snarky here.
I find it to be a very different issue though. You're not making your reader change the way they read in order to advance the story.

What happens in the Amy event is that he takes his gameplay move of "keep clicking random places until you trigger an event" to the max. You can't select different parts of the Mall on a wheel as you do for general exploration of Kumon-mi. Instead you have an old school "go a cardinal direction on a forest", which even then would be better because at least there'd be always the same four possibilities.

The general exploration is already a dated and dumb idea imo, and to an extent he seems to relent a bit on that on recent updates because most events have been either obvious or automatic/chained.

As always, in theory it might be appealing, but fact of the matter is that there's very little to be gained from "wow, I finally found that I had to go to the dorms on a tuesday afternoon when Molly's affection was higher than 72 but lower than 75" vs just stating in a menu where you need to go, or having a pop-up "there's a new event available", as a lot of games do.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I was working on my own linear mod (that I stopped because someone already made one for the game) but unlike theirs, I absolutely hate the reset events and allowed skipping through them... Amy just plays each room back to back :ROFLMAO: there were like 20 different rooms! Ridiculous.

Funny that I've spoken to a few people who don't know this (cough cough fd) but hitting the Tab key once is an auto-skip button so you don't have to hold down Ctrl
I didn't know that.

Though I don't usually like to auto-skip — in theory, I want to be able to stop and check things out if they're, you know, interesting. :sneaky:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I mean, we're all discussing the puzzle part of the Amy event, while ignoring the actual important part of if Amy pushed her boyfriend into the hole or not :ROFLMAO: (and why).

Edit: Would Akira even be her boyfriend when Sekai was still alive in that terminal/reality?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I mean, we're all discussing the puzzle part of the Amy event, while ignoring the actual important part of if Amy pushed her boyfriend into the hole or not :ROFLMAO: (and why).

Edit: Would Akira even be her boyfriend when Sekai was still alive in that terminal/reality?
Akira transcends the mere boyfriend-girlfirend relationship.Anyways fuck the mall and give me the next update!

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I... loved the mall... i think... it had an impact on me in a way that i value at least... but it did mess my head up for a bit, as such things tend to for i am not 100% sane and can get... lost in existential blackholes if i spend too long thinking about such things. That music track can send me back so i am careful with replaying it. One thing i should mention though is that although i can say i value having played the mall once, i haven't actually gone through it a second time, so i have no idea if i'd love or hate it again, I'm reluctant to retread materials that have previously sent me to the edge of my mental safe zone, that precipice is like standing on the edge of a 50 story skyscraper with a swirling vortex beneath it... after having been derealized and depersonalized for 5 months nearly a decade ago, that abyss is both terrifying and tempting... so yeah, the mall is basically out of bounds for me for replay.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I... loved the mall... i think... it had an impact on me in a way that i value at least... but it did mess my head up for a bit, as such things tend to for i am not 100% sane and can get... lost in existential blackholes if i spend too long thinking about such things. That music track can send me back so i am careful with replaying it. One thing i should mention though is that although i can say i value having played the mall once, i haven't actually gone through it a second time, so i have no idea if i'd love or hate it again, I'm reluctant to retread materials that have previously sent me to the edge of my mental safe zone, that precipice is like standing on the edge of a 50 story skyscraper with a swirling vortex beneath it... after having been derealized and depersonalized for 5 months nearly a decade ago, that abyss is both terrifying and tempting... so yeah, the mall is basically out of bounds for me for replay.
Stand proud Mall Lover! I love the mall too, but my reasoning is...weird, something like "The audacity of this MOFO to install a backroom situation in the game! Think I'd get trapped?! Well FU challenge accepted let me escape this in record time muhaha!"

And I don't even like going to malls in real life so yea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's September 2nd somewhere I guess.
Tell Selebus that if it's ready, I'll accept him releasing it a day early.

Also, Ayane all in red huh... a letter in red ink asking to meet in spring. Beware the color red. Probably nothing... unless?

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes