Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Random question regarding the last reset (spring reset/maya's slip):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get that it's the old one controlling Sana apparently(forgot about that), but who's by Akira's side (if Ami's dead outside)? It should have been Ami, because of the shirt's color:
Just a random thing I noticed, wonder if it means something.

[Son Goku]

Nov 4, 2019
I wrote a small mod that lets you skip the affection/lust point grind without having to go through the tedium of typing in cheat codes or having your save labelled with the cheater flag.

View attachment 1901303

Features:
  • Sets all girls' affection and lust points to a value X unless they were already higher than X
  • Can set a specific girl's love/lust points
  • Written to be future-proof (i.e. will automatically work for any new girls, you will never need to update the mod)
  • Enables the developer console
Usage Instructions:
  • Download the attached file
    • Note: if you get sent to a new tab with a bunch of text, just right click and hit "Save as" and name it as z_set_love_lust.rpy
  • Move into the folder named "game" (found inside the folder that you launch Lessons in Love from)
  • Load a save and open the developer console with Shift + O
  • Press Enter a few times until you can see the ">" symbol in the top left of the screen
  • To update all girls' love and lust: type setLoveAndLust(X) and press Enter(for an example, see the image below)
    • Note: X must be an integer (aka whole number)
  • To update a specific girl's love or lust, for example Ami: type "ami_love += X" and/or "ami_lust += X" without the quotation marks and then press Enter.
    • Note: the girl's name must be fully lower-case.
    • This will increase their love/lust by X. If you want to make it equal to X then omit the plus sign
  • Press Esc to close the console and now you can play!

Bonus stuff (not essential to read):

I recommend using this with the guide mod for max efficiency because other than grinding points, the main time-sink with this game is trying to trigger events.

If you want a version of the mod that lets you set affection and lust points separately (useful if you don't want to see any lust events), see here: https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-30-0-selebus.48158/post-10770605

Advice from alex2011 on how to use the mod so that you don't accidentally miss events (note: I used the mod myself with 50 affection from the start and didn't experience any issues. You can still miss events even if you follow the instructions below and you can still see all events while ignoring those instructions.):

Uninstall: delete the files z_set_love_lust.rpy and z_set_love_lust.rpyc from your game subfolder

I also made a mod that lets you scroll your mouse-wheel to simulate clicks (i.e. scrolling forward a bit makes the dialogue move forward by one mouse click), makes the game more convenient to play https://f95zone.to/threads/use-scroll-wheel-to-simulate-mouse-clicks.120507/#post-8406783
It doesn't work. I've been playing for 5 hours and there isn't a single lewd act in the game so it's literally forcing me to cheat. I'm at least trying to use a cheat in the game to make things easier and the cheat that's here on the game's post doesn't work. Does anyone have a cheat to use with the new versions?

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I get that it's the old one controlling Sana apparently(forgot about that), but who's by Akira's side (if Ami's dead outside)? It should have been Ami, because of the shirt's color:
I'd put money on it being a Sel fuck up more than anything

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
How would I go about doing that? Using URM I can set it to "true" but that just means the event is "seen" and might break things.
I don't know if this will work long-term though. Jumping to an event like this will make renpy treat it as if the game triggered it by itself and continue from there. Since that's exactly what you want, it may work.

Edit: Usually, we'll use this method to see events where the ending is hidden on replay because Selebus is a bad game designer. But, since we would have already seen the event in the first place, we'd revert to our saves after seeing it. Adding this since sometimes people don't know how to do it, well, it's the above method.

To understand what I'm talking about, see the event flowerchild (chapter 3 main event) on replay, and then later compare it to flowerchild ( beachwars18 ) triggered this way. You'll see that it's heavily cut. This happens to many events other than Himawari ones too.

Last edited:
Reactions: aramaug

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Probably "Special Ami" (named in Yumi's Chapter 4 'Frog Boy' Event). It shows up every once in a while and seems to be separate from Ami.

Like back in Chapter 1's Ami 'Ode to a Marsh Warbler', while Ami is outside hanging out with Rin and Molly:
Special Ami is in the corner of her room:

Special Ami/Mangled Ami/Happy Ami/Bonus Ami/etc. That supernatural Ami seems to either be a figment of Sensei's imagination or, you know, something supernatural. It tends to only show up when Sensei isn't all there mentally, especially in Resets.

Other characters don't seem to notice it, and Sensei barely acknowledges it at times.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I don't know if this will work long-term though. Jumping to an event like this will make renpy treat it as if the game triggered it by itself and continue from there. Since that's exactly what you want, it may work.

Edit: Usually, we'll use this method to see events where the ending is hidden on replay because Selebus is a bad game designer. But, since we would have already seen the event in the first place, we'd revert to our saves after seeing it. Adding this since sometimes people don't know how to do it, well, it's the above method.

To understand what I'm talking about, see the event flowerchild (chapter 3 main event) on replay, and then later compare it to flowerchild ( beachwars18 ) triggered this way. You'll see that it's heavily cut. This happens to many events other than Himawari ones too.
Thanks I'll try this out.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
How would I go about doing that? Using URM I can set it to "true" but that just means the event is "seen" and might break things.

Backing up what Moony said; forget about setting any variable as Jump to a label is the most optimal option for you. It force loads that certain part of the script and lets the game continue from there as if you triggered the said event organically. You can always back up your saves if you have doubts, but using Jump function in your situation won't make your bricked save more bricked.

tldr
1725895456003.png

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Probably "Special Ami" (named in Yumi's Chapter 4 'Frog Boy' Event). It shows up every once in a while and seems to be separate from Ami.

Like back in Chapter 1's Ami 'Ode to a Marsh Warbler', while Ami is outside hanging out with Rin and Molly:

Special Ami/Mangled Ami/Happy Ami/Bonus Ami/etc. That supernatural Ami seems to either be a figment of Sensei's imagination or, you know, something supernatural. It tends to only show up when Sensei isn't all there mentally, especially in Resets.

Other characters don't seem to notice it, and Sensei barely acknowledges it at times.
Yeah, I thought about that, but she's usually always naked. The Ami that's naked may be the Ami that shows up with a block of text since she apparently shifts into that one during the event where Maya is stuck in the past and Ayane can't see her. I don't recall any Ami that appears during resets being dressed, much less dressed like regular Ami. Unless the Ami we see during the shutdown of the auto-pilot is a special ami as well.
so many amis...

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I'd say there is no way of figuring this out; we can quote as many as we can but most if not all of them are prone to false causality.

For example, I'll try to be intentionally scary and say that is a muppet version of Ami created by whoever/whatever in a similar fashion like the monster described in Amy; and the reason why this Ami was wearing this particular outfit was because it was a spoil directly obtained from the Ami we know after killing her then crucifying her naked, and the purpose for all of is that it was supposed to be Sensei's turn to go through the similar unimaginable. But I can only offer a shrug if I am asked to prove the possibility of any of this being right.

Last edited:

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Yeah, I thought about that, but she's usually always naked. The Ami that's naked may be the Ami that shows up with a block of text since she apparently shifts into that one during the event where Maya is stuck in the past and Ayane can't see her. I don't recall any Ami that appears during resets being dressed, much less dressed like regular Ami. Unless the Ami we see during the shutdown of the auto-pilot is a special ami as well.
so many amis...
Are we positive that there is the one Special Amy, and not various different versions?
As mentioned, they always seem to show up around resets and that one scene from the Halloween reset with the four Amis and Himawari comes to mind that seems to have been deliberately placed to be hidden well enough to not bring immediate attention to it, but to still be discernable enough so that Syllabus Selebus can later claim "See, I have shown this earlier in the game! I am so smart and forward thinking!".

Because I personally don't really like the theory that Himawari is potentially shapeshifting into every character that seems dubious. I feel like there are certain entities that do exist and that are linked to Himawari and the makeshift gods, including mangle up Ami, naked Ami, and two other Ami versions that are seen next to Himawari upstairs in Ayane's mansion.

And they might not even necessarily be "supernatural" per se, maybe they are just fucked up versions of Ami that "popped" out of existence and into another plane during one of Maya's cycles, many of which she mentioned broke Ami to a considerable extent.
And during/nearing resets it might make it easier to traverse those planes, making them appear in front of Akira.
Heck, the Ami sitting next to Akira in the screenshot above might even be one of the crazy Ami's that killed all her classmates during a previous cycle, returning temporarily to kill that Ami version because she was jealous of her, to then just sit next to him "replacing" her, at least for the reminder of that cycle before she gets yeeted away again to where she originally belongs.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018

Really interesting. Hmm. Is Amy also "Special Ami" or a separate avatar/entity?

Moon, I was going to throw out that your stray green shirted figure might in fact be Maya Prime, since we're not really in the "real world" of the simulation at that point, are we?

Of course, a Sel continuity f-up is also entirely possible.

I'd totally forgotten Sana stuffing herself with dildos. How could I forget that?

Well, I know how. God, that whole sequence was deeply traumatic.

ETA: I had also completely forgotten about the Old One. Sheesh. Have we theorized a connection between the Old One and one of the entities we're more familiar with? I remember Nao-chan drawing that creepy black figure at one point.

RUN AWAY, MAYA! DON'T LISTEN TO THE SCARY PRETTY LADY!

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I'm talking about defaulting of lust values to 'N/A'
I mean, which change in the game code leaded to it? As far as I see, there are no default values for that variables at all. Also, there is no variables like chinami_lust neither in code nor in game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Antosha

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Okay, having just played back through End of the World :)shudder:) I think it's clear it's a continuity error -- it's Maya talking to Akira, so he just forgot to put her in the correct costume, but just used her generic outfit instead.

Reactions: crustlord12
4.10 star(s) 304 Votes