Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just thought I'd mention that technically Nozomu the Brother, may have came first.

The First/Callous god was given the name Nozomu by a Narrator:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It being it's actual name seems unlikely based off the phrasing. If we can even trust the Narrators in the first place since at least one, later, implies Pareidolia has some power over them:
And the Narrators specifically revealed little about the Third/Concerned god which seemed to choose the name Pareidolia, later.

Yasu never using the name Nozomu (or HOPE) in reference to her god, as far as I recall, could imply that it's not something common. Touka also didn't reveal either of these names in reference to Yasu's religion or god being a thing 200+ years ago.

Or I'm just being paranoid and overthinking things.
Are you putting forward that every narrator is under Pareidolia's command since he's "the voice inside your head", and technically so are all narrators?

Cause it could also simply be the case that the specific narrator from "Miserably ever after" is working for him, and not the one that tells us Nozomu's story.

As for HOPE, I'm pretty sure that's his name since it's the church of new hope and HOPE is the key to decipher Yasu's god's language. As to why Yasu doesn't use this name... I don't know, she says he's their hope, but never refers to that as his name.
I could more easily jump into Nozomu not being a god's actual name, but rather a jab at Akira by the narrator.

Edit: one could extrapolate that by calling him their hope, she'd be calling him their nozomu since they're speaking in japanese... but that's a huge stretch, and I'm sure hope can (and would) be said in other forms than Nozomu.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Are you putting forward that every narrator is under Pareidolia's command since he's "the voice inside your head", and technically so are all narrators?

Cause it could also simply be the case that the specific narrator from "Miserably ever after" is working for him, and not the one that tells us Nozomu's story.

As for HOPE, I'm pretty sure that's his name since it's the church of new hope and HOPE is the key to decipher Yasu's god's language. As to why Yasu doesn't use this name... I don't know, she says he's their hope, but never refers to that as his name.
I could more easily jump into Nozomu not being a god's actual name, but rather a jab at Akira by the narrator.

Edit: one could extrapolate that by calling him their hope, she'd be calling him their nozomu since they're speaking in japanese... but that's a huge stretch, and I'm sure hope can (and would) be said in other forms than Nozomu.
Definitely possible. Same could be said with the Shapeshifters and most other things that don't fit in with the other 2 C-gods. Even all these other gods didn't start showing up until Pareidolia gained more control, and considering even Jesus is one of these gods:
I doubt they are all that "serious", and with Himawari apparently adding a few of these gods to the Wiki, she might be in on it.

There's also been more Narrators to go with these gods, like JOSEPH last update:
(Who also talked in Lower Case which has seemed to be Pareidolia's thing.)

Overall: If one Narrator can be silenced by Pareidolia, it seems unlikely that others couldn't as well.

As for the church stuff, there's plenty of New Hope churches in real life, but their gods tend to not be named HOPE or at least not name themselves that. The Key being "HOPE" should at least imply a correlation, though.

Still, although implied to be the same god, it doesn't necessarily mean it is the actual/original name of that god. Plenty of the same gods (in essense) in real life have different names depending on who's using them and why.

Nozomu and even HOPE could just be new names for something else. Something that has been considered Callous with Many Eyes.

Purity Routes seem like they'll basically just be fanservice, so depending on what the fans of the girls want, it could change what occurs.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024
Man, either these fan artists have become Selebus himself or it's a preview, I can't fucking tell anymore especially after that Chinami The Big vs Sister Chika picture.

Btw I'll back at some point, life has gotten unexpectedly busy for me.

edit: fixed a mistake

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Get ready cause the time has come for new theories.

I was rewatching some Transpacific and Nodoka stuff, and one thing in particular got me thinking:
Okay, so there is A LOT to unpack about this event, and I might do it on another post. But let's focus on this one fact for now: When Akira "blacks out" he engages into an auto-pilot that is based on memory, but not simply the memory of his trauma, it's rather the compulsive memory of already having lived that event.

For instance, in "this town has two halves", if you choose to leave Yumi alone, we get:
It's been a long time question of who was making Akira do this, and well, what if it wasn't anyone but the nature of the resets themselves? Actually, what if it was Akira that was making Akira do this? And by that I mean the so many times old Akiras have done this: You have already made your choice. It was himself that made that choice, and he chose it so many times he feels compelled to choose it again, since he's simply too weak to fight the compulsion of repetition.

Let's move on to Abyss:
It was a real question as to who was guiding Akira to Yumi in this, as Pareidolia is the one that tries to get him out of there. If you interpret it as it being his memories of being with Yumi guiding him there, then it makes more sense. Everything he says to her, both in this event and every other that are "supernatural overrides" might as well be stuff he has said to her previously in other cycles. None of them ever weren't the way he feels anyway, just cruder or out of place versions of it.

I've talked a lot about Yumi's beach event so I'll just reiterate with one screenshot that concludes this point on Yumi's side:
The entire event is about both of them recovering part of their feelings for one another from previous cycles, or at least aknowledging they existed. Well, isn't this sentence very damning? Yumi has missed her cue for this scene.
Enough of Yumi, let's get another example:
Okay so, why and how Akira can find Kaori so easily, and why/how can she know these things? It's because they're both acting out what has already happened. Kaori knows these things because either Sekaori is part of her, or, and that's where this theory comes into play, because her head's not entirely there. And that allows her to more easily tap into fragments of the script. That's also how Akira always finds her, because he's done it many times over and had these same conversations. And that's also why he knows he's not going to find her.
Anyway, I hope I have properly conveyed why I think it could be huge. We have had theories before that had Akira simply acting in a compulsion to his "inner instincts" and thus eliminating much of the supernatural side of things of him being controlled. And this is not what this theory is. This is Akira being controlled by the compulsion of previous resets, activated by either gods, triggers or overwhelming similarites in reliving events he's lived so many times.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
I’ve been thinking about what to do since the next two updates will be split into two parts, and I think I’m gonna wait the extra month to tackle them both at once.

Temptation will try to get me to do it earlier but I’m committed lol. So yeah, if I’m more inactive than usual on here after the 1st, then that’s why.

Hopefully the full experience of Halloween and Reset 7 will be worth it.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Pretty much all of this game was written on the run lmao. He has key points, but he improvises how he gets to those. It's a normal way of writing and I think most writers do it this way, is just a fun way to do it.
Making it up as you go is a terrible way to write, you should have the major plot points planned from the start. Mysteries should only be mysteries to the audience, the writer should already know the answer. I hate that JJ Abrams style of writing, creating "mystery boxes" without bothering to put anything in them.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
…This Reset’s gonna be a trip, isn’t it? :LOL:

That’s literally the same visual for Ami’s laptop in Times New Roman.

It's also probably Ami's computer as well.
This is likely Dorm 5, Ami's and Maya's room that Ami hasn't used for months:

Also where Cop Kaori and Nao-chan found a bunch of blood back in 'Paper City':
And it's the room that seems connected to The Room With Clocks.

Ooh...Icarus flew too close to the Moon? I wonder.

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes