fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Now, I will just assume that Sel has not thought it through and my annoyance with this is futile. But there is simply no way that this would be anywhere near possible.
First off, having lived through millions, or even a few thousand, of resets, would make Maya's (mental) age exceed any human being by far. Not only would that have enormous negative effects to one's mental state (and by that I don't mean making Maya "cool and reserved" and somewhat arrogant and all-knowing), it would also make it near impossible for her to reliably remember anything about any previous resets, let alone small details like if Ami ever worked as a maid just once during the previous million timelines.

I just don't understand why Sel chose such a ridiculous amount, and again, if there is any indication that this is meant to be highly exaggerated, please let me know.
Because either, Prime Maya was actually massively mentally fatigued, to the point that she must have been probably hallucinating half of the time, as her capacity for retaining memories would have had to be exceeded at least tenfold. Or, it just felt like she lived through millions of resets, and actually there were only a couple hundred that lasted like 3 days (she did mention that she often just fucked the "bad" Akiras and made them disappear in front of her, I assume making people disappear liek that accelarated the resets? I might remember wrong) and maybe around 50 full on (almost) 1- school-year worth of resets. Which would still make her extremely frustrated and emotionally vacant, but at least to a realistic extent that would be plausible.
I agree that the supposedly unavoidable effect of repeating timelines on one's mentality seemingly evades Maya, even if some past resets didn't last over 6 months. Regardless, I'd say trying to use her strangely unwavering mental state to question how valid her memory is or the accurate length of the cycled time and would be futile. This part I feel like is intentionally romanticized, portraying Maya as the most unfortunate girl with the undying heart so strong that she would stubbornly wait beyond centuries to hopefully see her loved one again.

One can argue that this alone wouldn't really explain how her mentality survived when she should've gone insane, but I think this is also highly dependent on how the first loop started, how much Maya knew, or even what exactly Maya was even at that given point. So if it's up to me, before the most crucial part of this game is cleared up, for the time being I believe that this is merely a part of her character's side profiling and is effectively exaggeration on Sel's part.

Besides, there is no real or possible investigation on how many years worth of memories one can hold without going insane. The best argument anyone can bring up is "Oh I watched an anime about this once that talked about this subject in depth so it is definitely a better source material than whatever light novel your read". To me that's just people throwing questionable arguments at each other when instead it all comes down the dev's creative license and nothing more.

As for how valid her memories are with this emerging mental issue, I think the fact that all past resets being extremely repetitive helps her spot bigger anomalies that never appeared before, and Ami working as a maid isn't a small change at all (in fact it was prompted by Sensei so arguably this might be a ripple of real Sensei returning to his body).

On a final note, I'm pretty sure Maya said at one point that she didn't hold that many memories. Like, she remembered overall important points, but everything else became a blur. Which would be a fair explanation for it. But I don't recall when she said this, so it might be my imagination.
That sounds like her last words before she got reset, so it makes sense. Other than that, iirc it has always been a mixture of Maya avoiding time-based questions and white lying to Sensei to conceal information if she ever said something in the past being a blur to her.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
The game can invoke nice feelings though, like Akira actually trying to comfort Wakana with no ulterior motive, like an actual friend.

Weird that that moment was allowed to happen without some existential fuckery or anything malicious happening.
Akira is regaining control on his live. The problem is that he is an awful person, who should not have control on anything

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Akira is regaining control on his live. The problem is that he is an awful person, who should not have control on anything
Yes, and yes. Though his actions of late have tended away from the truly awful aspects of his character* — the scenes with Osako and Wakana being prime examples.

And also, since we know the Dark Whatsit is just around the corner, that control is probably an illusion, a fake carrot dangled to be snatched away.

*Pedophilia and hebephilia aside.

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
update on my second play-through
after 89 hours, I feel empty, she has me by the neck,heart is broken,"gods" are trying to end me at every turn, I wish she did not make me feel the way she does,I feel empty, also why did the season change right in the middle of summer?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
update on my second play-through
after 89 hours, I feel empty, she has me by the neck,heart is broken,"gods" are trying to end me at every turn, I wish she did not make me feel the way she does,I feel empty, also why did the season change right in the middle of summer?
In the middle of summer? You get two summers, two winters, two summers, spring iirc
ho-ly shit. I have this personal fanfiction about Nodoka that we'll get to see her figuring everything out, and breaking entirely. Like the gods would eventually be like "you know, what? you want to know? fine" - and what she discovers makes her wish she didn't before completely imploding.

Will this happen? probably not. But it would be so cool if that revelation would be in terms with finding out the gods were actually trying to protecting them from something worse. Regardless, I hope we finally understand what Yasu meant with that revelation, and who it was from that the well had almost dried up (Maybe Wires? Since Tsuneyo went away just as the message started - could also had been someone in the Himawari's group since the conclusion was to try to protect Akira, which resulted in nothing).

Last edited:

Dc345

May 27, 2020
In the middle of summer? You get two summers, two winters, two summers, spring iirc

ho-ly shit. I have this personal fanfiction about Nodoka that we'll get to see her figuring everything out, and breaking entirely. Like the gods would eventually be like "you know, what? you want to know? fine" - and what se discovers makes her wish she didn't before completely imploding.

Will this happen? probably not. But it would be so cool if that revelation would be in terms with finding out the gods were actually trying to protecting them from something worse. Regardless, I hope we finally understand what Yasu meant with that revelation, and who it was from that the well had almost dried up.
Nodaka "Doked" around and found out

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Agreed. Not to avoid it. But more options are good and few writers are as capable as selebus would be at figuring out how.
I just hope the final version lets me reject ayane since i frankly dont like her much at all. She can be part of the story but i feel gross rewarding her for trying to replace my favorite girl and i hate her sub plotline and connection to the shapeshifter and how they act so above it all.
Also i hate the shapeshifter and if i have a choice to get rid of them in the full game oh boy you can bet i will.
Thats not even compareable. The maki event is standalone and useless/disgusting for those who are not into anal, refusing it wouldnt change any part of the story, it would just disable one scene (or prevent unlocking a repeatable scene, dunno, avoided her since the forced anal scene)
Ayane on the other hand is a core charakter and sex with her impacts multiple chara storylines including the main story. What you want is a different game, what i want is avoiding anal...

• Red Heart
Reactions: chronox42

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
What you want is a different game, what i want is avoiding anal...
Good for you buddy, but here's the thing, Selly is a completely egotistical dickhead who would 100% give you the finger for your suggestion, so you're just pissing into the wind, it doesn't matter if anyone agrees or disagrees with you here, we're all just as powerless as you are about this.

• Sad
Reactions: Virulenz

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
some new fanart:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As always, you know where to go .

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
some new fanart:
I mean, I don't want to say I'm waiting with bated breath for someone to go Psycho already (Sana, Ami, Ayane, Maya, Io, Tsuneyo, Noodles, Chika, Anybody), but...

Me:
I'm really rooting for Psycho Sana lately. She can become Knife L̶o̶l̶i̶ Girl.

GSwole

May 1, 2023
some new fanart:
Yo why is there ai bullshit on my site? I thought I made it clear I didn't like it.

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes