Nolla

Mar 20, 2019
In that case, how did you install the game? Did you apply the update patch? I'd suggest doing a fresh re-install

edit: actually before reinstalling, another thing you can try is close all the other programs on your computer and see if that makes a difference. a simple way to do this is to restart your pc and then launch LiL without launching any other programs (any programs that auto-run would still be running but ideally, none of those would be particularly RAM-hungry)

also, out of curiosity could you share how much memory your computer has? you can follow this guide to find out:
I went ahead with the fresh re-install and so far it's back to normal! Everything works well hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: skwada

uhhhwhat

Jun 6, 2024
Presumably, Kyoko dreamed of Himawari which is what Nodoka was probably referring to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This Narrator mentions Ai and Yuko, among other things like making the world, and seems to be Kyoko, Nodoka's mother.

In theory: Himawari has been fucking with the timestream for a while, considering all the hints about her being from a future, she's probably one of the main culprits when it comes to timeline manipulation. Albeit, who knows who else is also from a future or something like that.

After the whole Miu Miyahara possibly being Sekai's mother thing (where does her Red eyes come from?) from last update, with Saki seemingly becoming a stalker (Miu and Saki hated eachother and loved Yuu), I've wondered if that's from an alternative route from 'Nothing Is Beautiful'. Like Miu's route led to Sekai, and Saki's led to Nozomu and Akira.

Something then maybe merged certain aspects of alternative timelines for the main timeline, which became 'Lessons in Love'.

Also, Ami now seems to have two grandmas from the Upside Down House apparently. Grandma Saki (Father's side) and Grandma Miu (Mother's side).

I'm also wondering why Yasu claimed 'Nothing is Beautiful' aka Terminal 22 is gone:
Yet Sensei has traveled to it at least twice it seems, which would imply that he's been time traveling to the past, making him possibly a lot like Himawari. ('Kyoto' takes place after he warned Sekai's mother Miu about Sekai's name, so who knows if he created a new timeline or something)

Theoretically, if one can travel to the past(s) from the present, and back again, there could be some possibility of traveling to the future(s) as well, which may have been shown through timeskips like the one at beachmas. Where Ayane, Maya, and Sensei just wound up 2 months later on the beach.

Overall: Effing time travel.

Also, kind of figured things likely weren't going to go well for Nodoka and she was probably aware of it as well:
Although, Sensei may have given her some misplaced Hope:
Didn't Sensei time travel in Good Boy to see Sara? And that one time on the beach with Maya. I'd bet she got it from him.

And if Lessons in Love is 23 and NiB is 22, does that make that upside down house 24? I also had thoughts that it might be the well, for gods that don't have anyone believing in them. Turned into people and thrown in.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
Presumably, Kyoko dreamed of Himawari which is what Nodoka was probably referring to:
This Narrator mentions Ai and Yuko, among other things like making the world, and seems to be Kyoko, Nodoka's mother.

In theory: Himawari has been fucking with the timestream for a while, considering all the hints about her being from a future, she's probably one of the main culprits when it comes to timeline manipulation. Albeit, who knows who else is also from a future or something like that.

After the whole Miu Miyahara possibly being Sekai's mother thing (where does her Red eyes come from?) from last update, with Saki seemingly becoming a stalker (Miu and Saki hated eachother and loved Yuu), I've wondered if that's from an alternative route from 'Nothing Is Beautiful'. Like Miu's route led to Sekai, and Saki's led to Nozomu and Akira.

Something then maybe merged certain aspects of alternative timelines for the main timeline, which became 'Lessons in Love'.

Also, Ami now seems to have two grandmas from the Upside Down House apparently. Grandma Saki (Father's side) and Grandma Miu (Mother's side).

I'm also wondering why Yasu claimed 'Nothing is Beautiful' aka Terminal 22 is gone:
Yet Sensei has traveled to it at least twice it seems, which would imply that he's been time traveling to the past, making him possibly a lot like Himawari. ('Kyoto' takes place after he warned Sekai's mother Miu about Sekai's name, so who knows if he created a new timeline or something)

Theoretically, if one can travel to the past(s) from the present, and back again, there could be some possibility of traveling to the future(s) as well, which may have been shown through timeskips like the one at beachmas. Where Ayane, Maya, and Sensei just wound up 2 months later on the beach.

Overall: Effing time travel.

Also, kind of figured things likely weren't going to go well for Nodoka and she was probably aware of it as well:
Although, Sensei may have given her some misplaced Hope:
the thing about terminal numbers made me think about ports from computer networking - port 23 is reserved for the Telnet protocol and port 22 for SSH - basically Telnet and SSH are both protocols that facilitate logging into a computer remotely so you can issue commands from a shell/terminal. Funny thing is these days, SSH (22) has completely subsumed Telnet (23) 'cause the latter has far worse security but in LiL it's 22 that gets lost. There's no deeper meaning to this, just random trivia :)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Didn't Sensei time travel in Good Boy to see Sara? And that one time on the beach with Maya. I'd bet she got it from him.

And if Lessons in Love is 23 and NiB is 22, does that make that upside down house 24? I also had thoughts that it might be the well, for gods that don't have anyone believing in them. Turned into people and thrown in.
Possibly, he definitely was experiencing things from a past. Not sure about the Maya one though.

The Upside Down House might be a Terminal but it's not clear. It might just be remnants of Terminal 22 (NiB), considering that characters from that game/world are in it.

Terminal 24 might be 'Grow Old. Then Die', which was a cancelled side project of Sel's, but some characters from it have appeared lately in LiL like Kanon and Tsurumi.

Or 24 is something entirely new.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Possibly, he definitely was experiencing things from a past. Not sure about the Maya one though.

The Upside Down House might be a Terminal but it's not clear. It might just be remnants of Terminal 22 (NiB), considering that characters from that game/world are in it.

Terminal 24 might be 'Grow Old. Then Die', which was a cancelled side project of Sel's, but some characters from it have appeared lately in LiL like Kanon and Tsurumi.

Or 24 is something entirely new.
It would be funny if Selly put the gods in the game saying that terminal 24 is a flawed and completely wrong world because it was abandoned by the creator of that world.

Reactions: DeSkel15

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
There is so much to talk about from this update that everytime I stop to think about it, another thing surfaces.

I had brought up in the past about how we might not ever see "normal" Nodoka in LiL due to the absurd weight that was thrust upon her by her mother, and I think in her last moments that became even more evidently clear. Otoha questions her over the phone about her obssession over her mother, and well, it really is a curse. Nodoka can't break free of it.
It falls on her to save not only 23, but 22 as well (one would assume that's what she means by two worlds).

Also, who is Nodoka referencing here? Her own past self? Shiori? Or her mother? Who came into contact with Himawari? One would assume it was one of her past selves.
Btw, I wonder if there's a hidden meaning to Nodoka being erased by Pareidolia here, since it's the same thing that Sekaori/True Sekai says to Sana:
I'm being led to believe that erasing is something different from resetting. But I guess we'll find out as we discover what happened to Nodoka.

All in all, Nodoka truly has a tragic tale as it became more apparent with each of these last updates. This update just reinforced that point, and also threw our preconceptions of other hated characters (Pareidolia and Sekai) out of the window (or at least made them less black and white).

Edit: Oh, another very relevant thing: gods have to go inside someone, and yet Himawari can fully materialize without a host. What gives? I mean, both Pareidolia (inside a host) and Nodoka are seeing her, right? This isn't an "Akira imagining her there deal".
The her Nodoka mentioned is likely to be Kyoko, who had once dreamed of a girl with blue eyes. I didn't think Nodoka has any other third party source that ever mentioned Himawari's presence.

Some other minor thoughts on this event:
- I was confused about saving the two worlds as well. I thought it was either "this world that is about to be reset" and "the next world that comes after reset" or more metaphorically "Kyoko" and "herself", as figuring out what exactly happened to Kyoko has always been Nodoka's top motivation.

Meanwhile, terminals on the other hand feel less like "worlds or dimensions" and more focus on "gods' favorite toy". That's why it looked like Akira simply went back in time instead of something more unimaginable (like going back a cycle, entering a completely incomprehensible domain, anything of that nature) when he allegedly traveled to terminal 22; that was Yuu's world; that was when Yuu was gods' favorite toy. But all these are just gut feelings.

- I didn't even think about the possibility of Nodoka receiving a selective memory wipe until much later when I first played through the update because, I seriously thought she got bluejayed :LOL: (I took the "melting her wings very literally"). So when Kaori was having the sex on the roof, I kept thinking "Wait is now a good time to fuck our favorite waitress when Nodoka is probably down there being all splat and everything??" Disclaimer: I didn't think this was the case.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
... man, this update sure left me confused ...
... who do y'all think is the strongest of them all ... ?
... do you think Akira used to be a god ... ?
... or Arakawa is a lineage of "fallen" gods ... ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Riolol

anothersilo

Jun 2, 2021
So, the phrase "you already made your choice" is used several times in this game about something Akira did in the past that he really regrets, seemingly related to Sekai. You think its referring to Kyoto?

Reactions: Bingoogus
4.10 star(s) 305 Votes