aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
I'm not sure "Kyoto" actually breaks the time line. Why do people assume the "It's probably just Noriko trying to sneak in like she always does" line, has to be her spying on their sexual exploits, it could simply just be Noriko crawling around, trying to get in for standard baby curiosity/exploring and crawling around reasons.
It wouldn't be particularly strange if you say Ami is around a year younger, as an around 1 year old can start to sort of "walk" around and will definitely be crawling around fairly effectively by around that age. The sneaking in line could probably just a bit of a joke from Niki about Noriko always crawling around into places she shouldn't be or something like that. The stuff I think I remember Noriko saying about secretly watching Akira and Niki doing Things can easily happen later in the timeline.

So I don't see why this breaks It? unless I missed something someone has already posted.

Wait... I am dumb!

I realised after I typed this that you would have to subtract Sekai's pregnancy months off Noriko's age in that scenario, If they are 1 year apart. So I can see why it could slightly break the time line. But even then it's still somewhat feasible. Although you might have to lean heavily on the Noriko child prodigy stuff and decide that she might have been a bit ahead of the curve development wise.

Lets say for argument's sake, Sekai told Akira she was pregnant around the end of the 2nd month. (I guess you could go a bit later if you wanted.) If you go off the listed birthdays Niki and Ami are 1 month apart. Then you add 3 months for the approximate date of conception. Then 2 more for Sekai telling Akira (More if you want, 1 possibly 2 at the most I think.). You endup at 6-8 months. Google says baby can start crawling at around 7 months. Then say she is super child prodigy that started crawling around mid 5 or 6 months age. It still fits the timeline I think? Although perhaps it is a bit of a stretch.
The most obvious problem is when you compare it to Spotless Mind. In Kyoto, Akira has been turning down sex for a year. Spotless Mind is the first time they kissed, so it must happen at least a year earlier - plus, they have older character models in Kyoto. And yet, in Spotless Mind Noriko is old enough to be trying to sit in Akira's lap.

I'd also say that even if Noriko has recently started crawling by the time of Kyoto, there's no way her parents are letting her crawl around the house unsupervised. Especially since Niki's bedroom is on the second floor (she talks about going downstairs for dinner). And I don't think you'd characterize a crawling baby as trying to "sneak in" to a room with a closed door, even as a joke.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I'm not sure "Kyoto" actually breaks the time line. Why do people assume the "It's probably just Noriko trying to sneak in like she always does" line, has to be her spying on their sexual exploits, it could simply just be Noriko crawling around, trying to get in for standard baby curiosity/exploring and crawling around reasons.
It wouldn't be particularly strange if you say Ami is around a year younger, as an around 1 year old can start to sort of "walk" around and will definitely be crawling around fairly effectively by around that age. The sneaking in line could probably just a bit of a joke from Niki about Noriko always crawling around into places she shouldn't be or something like that. The stuff I think I remember Noriko saying about secretly watching Akira and Niki doing Things can easily happen later in the timeline.

So I don't see why this breaks It? unless I missed something someone has already posted.

Wait... I am dumb!

I realised after I typed this that you would have to subtract Sekai's pregnancy months off Noriko's age in that scenario, If they are 1 year apart. So I can see why it could slightly break the time line. But even then it's still somewhat feasible. Although you might have to lean heavily on the Noriko child prodigy stuff and decide that she might have been a bit ahead of the curve development wise.

Lets say for argument's sake, Sekai told Akira she was pregnant around the end of the 2nd month. (I guess you could go a bit later if you wanted.) If you go off the listed birthdays Niki and Ami are 1 month apart. Then you add 3 months for the approximate date of conception. Then 2 more for Sekai telling Akira (More if you want, 1 possibly 2 at the most I think.). You endup at 6-8 months. Google says baby can start crawling at around 7 months. Then say she is super child prodigy that started crawling around mid 5 or 6 months age. It still fits the timeline I think? Although perhaps it is a bit of a stretch.
Echoing what aramaug said, there have been a lot of posts about this already. But in a few words: Noriko's age isn't a matter about a toddler being able to sneak in or not, but that the whole thing makes no sense.

In spotless mind she was old enough to be considered a kid, and Kyoto takes place after it. Even if we assume she was just born in spotless mind, it's already bordering on impossibility for her to be in the same class as Ami.

If we take what would be probable, both from her being classified as a kid, as she herself saying she imprinted on Akira when she was 3 - then the events of Spotless Mind would make her 3, she'd be at least 4 during kyoto, which would make her almost 5 years older than Ami.

Noriko would be a 20 year old, which would make her an actual Imani pretending to be a freshman in highschool.

Last edited:

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
USER2/Wires is the one who made Akira ‘remember’ the memory with Niki in “Spotless Mind”, correct?

Well, what if the conversation we see and Akira sees during that scene isn’t how the conversation actually played out?

We know specific facts about that night, that Niki herself confirmed in “Me Without You”:

- They were watching anime together
- They were upstairs in Niki’s room
- It was the night of their first kiss

Beyond these three things in particular, is it at all possible that what we’re seeing is a false memory planted into Akira’s head by USER2? Who’s to say Noriko was mentioned at all if she wasn’t meant to be there in their actual conversation? (Not born yet)

I don’t think we have enough information at this current time to really make an accurate assessment on it, so to be honest, it isn’t worth the strain until we get more hints in future updates.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
The most obvious problem is when you compare it to Spotless Mind. In Kyoto, Akira has been turning down sex for a year. Spotless Mind is the first time they kissed, so it must happen at least a year earlier - plus, they have older character models in Kyoto. And yet, in Spotless Mind Noriko is old enough to be trying to sit in Akira's lap.

I'd also say that even if Noriko has recently started crawling by the time of Kyoto, there's no way her parents are letting her crawl around the house unsupervised. Especially since Niki's bedroom is on the second floor (she talks about going downstairs for dinner). And I don't think you'd characterize a crawling baby as trying to "sneak in" to a room with a closed door, even as a joke.
I don't remember them kissing in spotless mind. I watched the replay and did not see it, maybe it cuts off early and I'm completely wrong idk. Also Akira says "Why would I recall something so small and insignificant at the end of Spotless mind.
The Character models look the same to me. The difference just seems to be casual vs more formal clothes because of Christmas? So I don't see why Spotless mind cant happen after Kyoto?

Edit: Apparently the kiss is stated to have happened then in a different event. I guess I'm wrong then.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
USER2/Wires is the one who made Akira ‘remember’ the memory with Niki in “Spotless Mind”, correct?

Well, what if the conversation we see and Akira sees during that scene isn’t how the conversation actually played out?

We know specific facts about that night, that Niki herself confirmed in “Me Without You”:

- They were watching anime together
- They were upstairs in Niki’s room
- It was the night of their first kiss

Beyond these three things in particular, is it at all possible that what we’re seeing is a false memory planted into Akira’s head by USER2? Who’s to say Noriko was mentioned at all if she wasn’t meant to be there in their actual conversation?

I don’t think we have enough information at this current time to really make an accurate assessment on it, so to be honest, it isn’t worth the strain until we get more hints in future updates.
If there was tampering, for sure there wasn't on the fact that Noriko was downstairs. It would have to be some next level masterplan to include little bits about Noriko on these events just to eventually be like "yeah, no, Niki never had a sister" :ROFLMAO:

Edit: just when you guys thought Noriko couldn't get more pitiful, it's not even that she was always in Niki's shadow, but that she wasn't even there... Also, what rivals, the girl that shouldn't exist vs the girl that never existed.

Also also, Akira just casually imagining both Maya and Noriko arguing during his tutoring lessons, when really just Maya was there hella pissed that she literally gave up on being a god to be with him and this dude keeps talking to some imaginary pink haired slut :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't remember them kissing in spotless mind. I watched the replay and did not see it, maybe it cuts off early and I'm completely wrong idk. Also Akira says "Why would I recall something so small and insignificant at the end of Spotless mind.
The Character models look the same to me. The difference just seems to be casual vs more formal clothes because of Christmas? So I don't see why Spotless mind cant happen after Kyoto?
[...] at this point I really suggest you read our discussion on it a few pages back cause we're really just repeating the same things again to you.

We aren't even bringing up character models because we're trying to stick to what is said, rather than something that could be affected by the engine. But if you were to compare, Kyoto's models are older, you can see it in Akira's longer hair. Also from the fact that Sekai says he already looks like a man, and in spotless mind they're clearly kids.

Also it's not that spotless mind is cut off, but rather that you're not watching the following event in which Niki explains what the memory was, as zuko recalls: "Me without you", in which Niki meets him at the hotel lobby.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
[...] at this point I really suggest you read our discussion on it a few pages back cause we're really just repeating the same things again to you.

We aren't even bringing up character models because we're trying to stick to what is said, rather than something that could be affected by the engine. But if you were to compare, Kyoto's models are older, you can see it in Akira's longer hair. Also from the fact that Sekai says he already looks like a man, and in spotless mind they're clearly kids.

Also it's not that spotless mind is cut off, but rather that you're not watching the following event in which Niki explains what the memory was, as zuko recalls: "Me without you", in which Niki meets him at the hotel lobby.
Yea I noticed after I posted that. I must have missed some of the specifics when skimming past the random arguments people were having.

Someone give me a dunce hat.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
If there was tampering, for sure there wasn't on the fact that Noriko was downstairs. It would have to be some next level masterplan to include little bits about Noriko on these events just to eventually be like "yeah, no, Niki never had a sister" :ROFLMAO:
Yeah man, I know it’s a reach. :LOL: But to be fair, none of us have much to work with.

I’m personally gonna wait and see if we get more insight on this timeline in a future update, but I do still wonder one thing:

Why did USER2 allow Akira to see that memory? Whether it’s false or completely genuine? What are his intentions with that? Is it merely to get Akira to trust him maybe?

Edit: By the way, I wasn’t implying Noriko doesn’t exist at all. Just that she wasn’t born yet at the time of Spotless Mind.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah man, I know it’s a reach. :LOL: But to be fair, none of us have much to work with.

I’m personally gonna wait and see if we get more insight on this timeline in a future update, but I do still wonder one thing:

Why did USER2 allow Akira to see that memory? Whether it’s false or completely genuine? What are his intentions with that? Is it merely to get Akira to trust him maybe?

Edit: By the way, I wasn’t implying Noriko doesn’t exist at all. Just that she wasn’t born yet at the time of Spotless Mind.
I mean, if the ultimate goal is to ride around in Akira's body, Wires is the only one going about it the right way. Dishing out favors, asking for nothing in return, always asking for permission...

It's hard to imagine HOPE ever going into Akira's mind and it not being a hostile takeover. It's just, I don't really think that's the goal... and furthermore, what even are the requirements? Can they go inside Kaori because Sekai was fucked up enough in the head through their meddling? Or can they go because Sekai allows it/entered an understanding with them in order to also be hosted by Kaori?

Just grooming people to serve as hosts for sure can't be the whole picture as there are so many things that have nothing to do with it.

Edit: Additionally, I get the feeling that Akira could have pushed Pareidolia out any moment he wanted. Pareidolia kind of hints at this when he says that he had to serve a function that Akira unconsciously asked for. The moment Akira solved his own issues, Pareidolia'd be out, possibly kind of the same for HOPE and Yasu.

Which btw is insane to me, because our true bro Pareidolia tells Akira many times how to stop needing him. "accept yourself" and stuff, well, if he did, wouldn't Pareidolia just be bereft of function? He literally tells Akira during his reset that he will end up like his father, and during this reset he doubles down saying that he will end up like Kaori, and that it's too late to revert it now. He's been telling Akira a lot of stuff that works against his interests (?) since the start.

Last edited:

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Which btw is insane to me, because our true bro Pareidolia tells Akira many times how to stop needing him. "accept yourself" and stuff, well, if he did, wouldn't Pareidolia just be bereft of function? He literally tells Akira during his reset that he will end up like his father, and during this reset he doubles down saying that he will end up like Kaori, and that it's too late to revert it now. He's been telling Akira a lot of stuff that works against his interests (?) since the start.
Yeah…

Pareidolia = Akira’s coping device, quite honestly.

That’s why I have a feeling that, depending on how Part 2 of the Reset goes, the ‘senseisad’ variable will finally be turned off after being introduced way back in 0.36. Pareidolia’s gone. Akira has no need of him anymore. Or at least, he doesn’t need to rely on him as heavily.

That begs another question, though: who tf did Pareidolia sacrifice himself to? What other entity is taking his place as the god of Spring? Because this has never happened in the game before.

Is it Sekai’s Ghost? It seems almost too easy, right? But like… who else makes sense? Especially with the Cherry Blossom references linked directly to Sekai (and Spring) being foreshadowed ever since Chapter 1?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 305 Votes