Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I had the idea early in the game that Ami was dead - she died in the same disaster as Sekai.
During resets we often can see "broken Ami" - who is she?
Her place is sometimes taken by NAO - why is it Ami? How is Ami different from the others?
Then I forgot about this idea.

However, regarding Ami's ability to survive resets - in 2 resets we see Ami dying.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And yes, at the end of the last event we see TWO Mayas.
This is going to be fun.
I mean, it’s occurred to me many times that the entire cast are dead. Look at the unrelenting level of trauma.

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but the whole situation could be reminiscent of the old science fiction/metaphysical flick . :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I mean, it’s occurred to me many times that the entire cast are dead. Look at the unrelenting level of trauma.

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but the whole situation could be reminiscent of the old science fiction/metaphysical flick . :unsure:
I'd forgotten all about that movie until you mentioned it, i remember watching it as a kid when staying at my Oma's, she had an entire room full, wall to wall, with VHS tapes and i probably watched more than half of them. That final scene really stands out though, soon as i googled the name i was immediately like "ooooooh that movie!".

• Red Heart
Reactions: Antosha

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I'd forgotten all about that movie until you mentioned it, i remember watching it as a kid when staying at my Oma's, she had an entire room full, wall to wall, with VHS tapes and i probably watched more than half of them. That final scene really stands out though, soon as i googled the name i was immediately like "ooooooh that movie!".
Yeah. THAT movie. ;)

Your gramma sounds like she was an interesting lady!

Reactions: Bingoogus

chronox42

May 1, 2020
General thoughts / notes / questions about installment 44:

Take and hypotheses about the culmination:

A stab at theory-crafting:

This was a good update, lots to think about, and it's been a while since I've anticipated the next installment so much. It really is amazing that this story has been going strong, fueling so much genuine interest, for so long. It's the only thing I've ever read that has almost felt like another life.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 305 Votes