Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
There is an order. You get new text when you pick the correct ones. The easiest way other than looking up the correct order is to just click through all the attacks plus guard until you select the one that gives new text. Then you know that was the correct one. Make a new save and do that again to get the next one, reload every time you get it wrong, repeat until its over.

I think the orders are in the puzzle guide on the first page now if you don't want to waste your time doing it that way. Or don't know how to read the script files.
Yeah I was doing that first thing but seeing multiple save pages of Fred was starting to creep me out. Though I did beat the worm and Fred doing it. I think I'll stick to that puzzle guide though...but how would I go about reading the script files for puzzles and stuff

Off topic from that though...saw the Kyoto event and I need to make sure my thoughts are correct. Yuu is Akiras dad and Sekais step dad right? And Nozomu is the brother? So who did Sekai get pregnant with again? And who was abusing her? Was it also...the father? I forget

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
For those wondering what I mean by Nodoka pulling a fast one then:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Presumably, Nodoka is aware of being rewritten, having failed previously, has deciphered codes from her past self, and may have used the whole list of food and drinks as a code for her next self once she realized that something about Otoha wasn't right, while making it sound like she and her past selves never realized she could hallucinate, to make the supernatural stuff think she'll never realize that, causing them to let down their guard and presumably rewrite her to a point where she is more compliant.

In this instance she established that she'd be more compliant with the Rotisserie Chicken, Two Lemonades, and a JagaRico.

Assuming she wasn't just erased completely, the next Nodoka might wake up with those items and they might be part of a code that the next Nodoka can use to perhaps have more success next time.

Presumably, RCLLJR. Which might translate to Recall Journal or something akin to that.

Nodoka has also implied that she figured shit out before due to a misplaced stain:

Overall: When faced with Memory and Time as opposing factors, surely she'd have some contingencies in place, and if she's smart, I don't see why she'd claim to overlook the possibility of hallucinations unless she was trying to gaslight the hallucinations in this instance.

TLDR: The next Nodoka may inherit the mission with more intel than the supernatural stuff is aware of.

Nodoka cares too much and each Nodoka gets closer and closer.

Unless of course, she just gets erased or changed into a completely different person, but that doesn't really seem likely considering this likely wasn't the first time this even happened, which is why she ended up there in the first place. Retracing her steps.

Off topic from that though...saw the Kyoto event and I need to make sure my thoughts are correct. Yuu is Akiras dad and Sekais step dad right? And Nozomu is the brother? So who did Sekai get pregnant with again? And who was abusing her? Was it also...the father? I forget
Presumably:
  • Yuu is the Father of:
    • Sekai
    • Nozomu
    • Akira
Sekai is the Half Sister and Wife of Nozomu, and the Half Sister, Sister in Law, Girlfriend, and Mother Figure of Akira.

Sekai is also Ami's Mother and (Half) Aunt. This makes Ami, Sensei's (Half or Full) Niece and possibly Daughter. Which means Nozomu and Akira are both also Ami's (Half or Full) Uncle and possibly Father (Who's her daddy isn't clear). Nozomu would also I guess be Ami's Step-dad if he's not her Father.

Saki is Nozomu's and Akira's Mother, Sekai's Mother In Law, and Ami's Grandmother.

Miu is Sekai's Mother, Nozomu's and Akira's (Brother's) Mother In Law, and Ami's Grandmother.

Yuu is Ami's Grandfather and the Father of her Mother and Father and Uncles, and he's the Knocker Upper of her Grandmothers.

Welcome to the House of Arakawa. Nodoka would love this shit.

Also, presumably it's Nozomu who abused Sekai. Sekai just raped their little brother:

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
For those wondering what I mean by Nodoka pulling a fast one then:
Nodoka Otoha C4 WTWRD p1 p2.jpg
Nodoka Otoha C4 WTWRD p2 p1.jpg
Nodoka Otoha C4 WTWRD p2 p5.jpg
Nodoka Otoha C4 WTWRD p3 p1.jpg
Nodoka Otoha C4 WTWRD p3 p2.jpg
Nodoka - "There's a code. One that I've figured out because I'm a fucking genius. Also probably because it was me who made it. But even finding where I hid them is-"
- "Don't 'Nodoka' me you angel-voiced idol fucker! You haven't the faintest idea how many of times I've done this and failed! And neither do I! That's the whole fucking point!"
- "Because you have never smelt the dead! She was loved! There's no way they didn't know! Something- someone rewrote them! The same thing is probably happening to us!"
Himawari-Otoha - "You can have an entire rotisserie chicken, two lemonades, and some JagaRico."
Nodoka - "I've never really contemplated the fact that I've been actually seeing things before. This is a huge fucking curveball, huh? Why didn't past me say anything?"
(Chapter 4 Nodoka 'When The Well Runs Dry' Event)

Presumably, Nodoka is aware of being rewritten, having failed previously, has deciphered codes from her past self, and may have used the whole list of food and drinks as a code for her next self once she realized that something about Otoha wasn't right, while making it sound like she and her past selves never realized she could hallucinate, to make the supernatural stuff think she'll never realize that, causing them to let down their guard and presumably rewrite her to a point where she is more compliant.

In this instance she established that she'd be more compliant with the Rotisserie Chicken, Two Lemonades, and a JagaRico.

Assuming she wasn't just erased completely, the next Nodoka might wake up with those items and they might be part of a code that the next Nodoka can use to perhaps have more success next time.

Presumably, RCLLJR. Which might translate to Recall Journal or something akin to that.

Nodoka has also implied that she figured shit out before due to a misplaced stain on a cup:
Nodoka C4 MCrepe Stain repeating p1.jpg
Nodoka C4 MCrepe Stain repeating p2.jpg
Nodoka C4 MCrepe Stain repeating p3.jpg
Nodoka C4 MCrepe Stain repeating p4.jpg
Nodoka C4 MCrepe Stain repeating p5.jpg
Nodoka - "I was following myself. I had carried this cross before. And it did not matter how many times my knees would buckle along the way as I had already reached the end once."
- "But when the new end finally came, it was the beginning --- for the words were the same..."
- "But the crescent-moon shaped coffee stain in the upper right corner was now in the bottom left."
- "Don't you idiots get it?"
- "It's all a broken record. We're repeating."
(Chapter 4 Nodoka 'Mille Crepe' Event)

Overall: When faced with Memory and Time as opposing factors, surely she'd have some contingencies in place, and if she's smart, I don't see why she'd claim to overlook the possibility of hallucinations unless she was trying to gaslight the hallucinations in this instance.

TLDR: The next Nodoka may inherit the mission with more intel than the supernatural stuff is aware of.

Nodoka cares too much and each Nodoka gets closer and closer.

Unless of course, she just gets erased or changed into a completely different person, but that doesn't really seem likely considering this likely wasn't the first time this even happened, which is why she ended up there in the first place. Retracing her steps.
Oof... you get the big think for this one DeSkelly...
av0kt2e30.png

Reactions: DeSkel15

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
but how would I go about reading the script files for puzzles and stuff
notepad ++, search, find in files, set the directory to the game folder and set filter to *.rpy*, search for whatever is in the text box to get you close to the right place in the correct ".rpy" file. Then read around a bit. If its a text box puzzle question its usually pretty easy to see the answer straight away.

If it's something like these boss fights, you can try to find if it's using a variable to track progression, or something else like that. Then search for all instances of that variable to see where its being referenced and then read what button you need to click to progress. For example the worm boss progression is tracked with "mannykillpts" and with that you can find the if statements that refer to it. Then go back up from there to see what button the if statement is under. In the case of these boss fights the correct choices all increment the variable by 1 so its easy to see what order they go in because the "if" statements are all checking for numbers in order, "if mannykillpts == 0, if mannykillpts == 1, if mannykillpts == 2," etc.

Although I usually avoid doing this when playing new updates unless I get really sick of a puzzle. Because its easy to end up reading things further down the page and accidentally ruining a reveal for yourself. Also really good for finding stuff when you don't remember what event it was from, be it text or images. I sure hope Sel doesn't realise that you can ship the game without the .rpy files and just include the .rpyc files because it will make doing this a bit more annoying. Although I fell like Sel must know that by now and leaves them there intentionally for some kind of meta reason, like he wants us to start reading them and get further entangled into the game or some shit like that.

4.10 star(s) 305 Votes