Feb 17, 2024
I tried loading an old save because i forgot a happy event and wanted to do it. (sometimes some old saves load weirdly loading some random moment and others load correctly. Also idk if it was for the new download but i couldnt skip all the things i already saw)
If you want I can give you a save before triggering the happy event.
Also, I've found the better place to save to avoid those errors is just as the days changes, or when an event begins, because almost all my saves that were mid-event or on other points got bricked too.

Reactions: FireCazador

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
If you want I can give you a save before triggering the happy event.
Also, I've found the better place to save to avoid those errors is just as the days changes, or when an event begins, because almost all my saves that were mid-event or on other points got bricked too.
Thx, but i dont want to bother more than im already doing, if i can fix it fine if not i will just re-start and replace everything until reach that event.
(I usually save before and after one event and sometimes if it is a chain between events, also i save when there are options and when the URM tell me there are variables. I think the happy event is from 0.43, its the one after "Rain king" and before "Kyoto". Luckily if what Zuko post about being fixed by 0.45 i will wait to see if the ones i couldnt replace by the time it is released are fixed. Also i had been able to end this update so i think i could follow the next update normally)

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
Right, i knew i forgot to add some info.
1. It is some files, a few very old load fine (sometimes. Other times it load randomly before the save was done)
2. Yes, i use the guide mod and dark mod, also i have the packages there (every patch i do the steps to disable the drm that are at the 1st page)
3. I didnt try using any saves on the thread, looking like some work and some dont. Should i try to download and try some of them?
4. I extracted it into a new folder and deleted the old one seeing that i had those problems and with this new one i didnt have them. (the memory ones)

The first pic talks about 0.43, how should i do it for the 0.44? It should be no problem search for an only update here but i dont know how this will work with the current update (just in case im talking about that i have to put 0.42 files into the 0.44 update. I may overthink it but i dont want to mess it up)
You could try a slightly adjusted version of the steps in the screenshot Zuko shared:
1) Open the "Lessons in Love/game/" folder in windows explorer
2) Sort by file type
3) Move all the .rpyc files into a separate folder (as backup) - if you can't tell which files are .rpyc then google "windows how to enable file extensions in explorer"
4) Relaunch game
Basically Ren'Py games have a bunch of .rpy files that contain script/code that the game engine has to process in order to run the game. To save time in reading/processing the .rpy files over and over, the engine saves the results of its processing to .rpyc files and reuses that after the first game launch. But sometimes the .rpyc files can go out of sync with the original .rpy files. Basically this'll forcibly refresh those files

The engine has logic for detecting when files go out of sync but sometimes it gets confused so it's worth a shot

Btw if this doesn't help then I'd try a fresh install with no mods

4.10 star(s) 307 Votes