I released a new game called "Tifa's Dark Heaven"... How would you prefer this month updates to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
Holding hands is also a good alternative for both netorare and netorase content.
I didnt mention it nor Lisa cus theyre not 100% VN, but theyre def good candidates if ones looking for cheating, NTR and NTRS content.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The netorase route is more a "netoraserare" route. Its MC trying out netorase but FMC blowing it out of proportion to just pretty much do whatever she wants.
It's more a netorare with the mc coming around to accept it, which is to say zero ntrs at all. A cheating LI and a tolerant passive mc is an NTR story, not an ntrs story.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
It's more a netorare with the mc coming around to accept it, which is to say zero ntrs at all. A cheating LI and a tolerant passive mc is an NTR story, not an ntrs story.
I agree with you on the result, if not fully on the way there. The MC and Ariana decided to explore their kinks, so far so good, that is still netorase. BUT over the run of the current version it becomes clear that the MCs´girlfriend goes well beyond what they agreed on.
She is now more into it for herself, her self-excusing stuff she does as "exploring". Most of what she "explores" is plain cheating, not netorase. It is just towards the end of current content that she gets at least some doubts. But there is not much netorase anymore, that is mostly NTR now. Which is sad, since it started quite well netorase-wise.

There is a reason I mentioned in an earlier post that if the MC´s girlfriend does not decide to stop her cheating, the MC and Queen should get a second chance, because their first try at getting together was a comedy of errors, wrong assumptions and wellmeant, but in the end bad advice from friends.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I agree with you on the result, if not fully on the way there. The MC and Ariana decided to explore their kinks, so far so good, that is still netorase. BUT over the run of the current version it becomes clear that the MCs´girlfriend goes well beyond what they agreed on.
She is now more into it for herself, her self-excusing stuff she does as "exploring". Most of what she "explores" is plain cheating, not netorase. It is just towards the end of current content that she gets at least some doubts. But there is not much netorase anymore, that is mostly NTR now. Which is sad, since it started quite well netorase-wise.

There is a reason I mentioned in an earlier post that if the MC´s girlfriend does not decide to stop her cheating, the MC and Queen should get a second chance, because their first try at getting together was a comedy of errors, wrong assumptions and wellmeant, but in the end bad advice from friends.
I think that's an accurate summation, however I'd still classify it as pure ntr in less ambigious terms simply because the overall tone of the game is very ntr-ish. I don't say this to get into an argument over definitions, but just from a practical standpoint, I think people who like pure ntr will like this game, and people who dont like ntr but do like swinging/ntrs will not like this game.

It's MUCH more similiar to something like 'holding hands' or 'a promise best left unkept' and not at all similar to something like 'max's life'.

Also- the frequent use of 'dream scenes' without transition makes it very difficult to distinguish what's actually going on-and those further support the overall tonality I mentioned above.

• Wow
Reactions: Turret and Kotobiki

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
It is most definetely netorase by definition (at least at the start), it just evolves into more NTR/cheating than anything. Although that in itself can evolve back into NTRS (and one of the best types imho) depending on how MC reacts to it if he finds out.

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
It is most definetely netorase by definition (at least at the start), it just evolves into more NTR/cheating than anything. Although that in itself can evolve back into NTRS (and one of the best types imho) depending on how MC reacts to it if he finds out.
According to what I have planned for the story, I was thinking of separating some things a bit and separating a certain route to the more NTRS side... I didn't keep it as the main axis because I didn't like too much those stories where both people are totally okay with what's going on and are super happy and such.... But with the events that are taking place, I am taking into consideration to create a new route that continues the NTR/Swinging route but goes more for the swinging side. Like what you are saying, MC finding out and liking it (or not:BootyTime:)

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
oh sorry what i actually meant was the overview was from the pov of a man but the female protag tag had me confused
so we play both as the man and his gf?
Yeah you get to see things from both perspectives, and other characters as well at certain points

Reactions: Cabin

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I would wager you're an ntr fan, I am not. I can't see how it 'evolves' into this when from the very start she has eyes for others and doesnt communicate that to the mc. 'NTR evolving back into ntrs' is in name only, you said it yourself - depending on how mc reacts. That's not a sharing game, that's just an ntr game with a passive mc who accepts it.

To reiterate, NTR never evolves into sharing/swinging because a core theme of sharing/swinging is the couples attraction respect and love to each other. It can definitely go the other direction, where with what starts as a sharing setup goes too far.

I didn't keep it as the main axis because I didn't like too much those stories where both people are totally okay with what's going on and are super happy and such....
And that's totally fine, and doesn't suprise me; make the game you want to make by all means! That's better than "design by committee" games!

Reactions: Kidconan and Turret
Dec 16, 2022
According to what I have planned for the story, I was thinking of separating some things a bit and separating a certain route to the more NTRS side... I didn't keep it as the main axis because I didn't like too much those stories where both people are totally okay with what's going on and are super happy and such.... But with the events that are taking place, I am taking into consideration to create a new route that continues the NTR/Swinging route but goes more for the swinging side. Like what you are saying, MC finding out and liking it (or not:BootyTime:)
I'm happy that you're at least considering it (y)
Dunno about others, but to me personally if she'd come clean and talked to her boyfriend about everything and I don't don't even mind if she just dictates the rules (I actually do enjoy it when the girls take more of a lead in ntrs and they don't just do it to please / fulfill their partners fantasy), then I could live with everything that's happened so far (I think :ROFLMAO:).
I just don't like the cheating/lying typically found in ntr, but I've voiced my opinion already and not going to repeat everything again.
Good luck with development, also with your new game! Take care :coffee:

Dec 16, 2022
I would wager you're an ntr fan, I am not. I can't see how it 'evolves' into this when from the very start she has eyes for others and doesnt communicate that to the mc. 'NTR evolving back into ntrs' is in name only, you said it yourself - depending on how mc reacts. That's not a sharing game, that's just an ntr game with a passive mc who accepts it.

To reiterate, NTR never evolves into sharing/swinging because a core theme of sharing/swinging is the couples attraction respect and love to each other.
I gotta disagree, I think it can work, like I said in my post above. I'd prefer too if everyone is more open about it from the start and in this case she even does it with the one guy he'd least want it and explicitly asked her not to (if I remember correctly), so she'd have a lot of explaining to do... Not a big fan of that move, just shows how little she cares imo. No respect for him.

PS: Also, I'd argue there's a difference between sharing and netorase. I usually go with the vndb definitions, because I don't know of any better:
"By the deliberate actions/inactions of the protagonist, or by the agreement with the significant other, in this VN their committed partner ends up engaging in sexual relations with other people. "
A "passive mc who accepts it" would fit in that definition of netorase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kotobiki

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
PS: Also, I'd argue there's a difference between sharing and netorase. I usually go with the vndb definitions, because I don't know of any better:
"By the deliberate actions/inactions of the protagonist, or by the agreement with the significant other, in this VN their committed partner ends up engaging in sexual relations with other people. "
A "passive mc who accepts it" would fit in that definition of netorase.
Yeah that's probably a big part of my distinction and a fair observation - I'm going off what I view as a western definition of swinging/sharing and not NTRS- I've no attachment to that particular label. But I think my point still stands that if one is generally a fan of swinging sharing themes and NOT a fan of pure ntr themes, they wont like the feel here.

Dec 16, 2022
Yeah that's probably a big part of my distinction and a fair observation - I'm going off what I view as a western definition of swinging/sharing and not NTRS- I've no attachment to that particular label. But I think my point still stands that if one is generally a fan of swinging sharing themes and NOT a fan of pure ntr themes, they wont like the feel here.
Oh yeah, totally agree with that. I'm still keeping an eye on it, in case it does make a turn-around, but I'm not a fan of the direction it has been going either.

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
I think thatd be a good plan imo, dividing netorase route into proper netorase/swinging where:
A) MC finds out whats going on and is fine with it, maybe turns it into proper swinging/sharing (or just finds out and doesnt tell Ariana since her doing things of her volition could play more into his cuckold kink rather than him having to tell her to do it/enforce rules on her)
and into a
B) "netoraserare" route where its more so inclining into cheating since MC never gets the full story.

Last edited:

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
Pr0GamerJohnny putting aside if it can fit or not into sharing or swinging, or netorase, it does fall into MC's fetish. His fetish was cuckolding specifically, so the route can devolve into the original intention of MC sharing his GF with others to fulfill this desire of his. Him being passive would still be the illusion to Ariana that shes doing something wrong without MC actually considering it the case since he already consented. Of course you can also argue vice-versa that its MC having the illusion hes sharing, so it turns into a question of semantics I suppose.
Imo thus i'd say the route mainly leans into the tastes of cuckoldry fetish, not all NTR fans will love it, nor will all sharing fans hate it. Although I do think it inclines to one side more than the other, as does the entirety of the game in general.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes