Shinneru

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Ok dispell scroll quest does not say not complete in this version like the dig hole. Also shouldn't the cave wall entrance needing a hammer show up as a quest?
Oh, really? Was more than sure that after talking to Roxy you get message "Here ends Main Story Quest in this patch", gonna check it out.

As for wall entrance, there's a reason for that. I feel like interacting with that hole is more obvious than with that wall. While the hole is labeled as quest, that wall will be more of a short "secret" room. Something like that, don't want to spoil it.

Will pay more attention to registering quests in the future, though! Thanks for pointing that out!

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Oh, really? Was more than sure that after talking to Roxy you get message "Here ends Main Story Quest in this patch", gonna check it out.

As for wall entrance, there's a reason for that. I feel like interacting with that hole is more obvious than with that wall. While the hole is labeled as quest, that wall will be more of a short "secret" room. Something like that, don't want to spoil it.

Will pay more attention to registering quests in the future, though! Thanks for pointing that out!
It's easy to double click and miss text. Did not see a way to hide text box or show log. But quest itself should also show WIP or that to indicate that like the one quest.

Shinneru

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
It's easy to double click and miss text. Did not see a way to hide text box or show log. But quest itself should also show WIP or that to indicate that like the one quest.
Ah, I see what you mean. Will change this for the next version and pay more attention in the future, thanks o/

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Use of 'that's been' (singular) after 'events' (plural) seems to be a consistent error.

It's also confusing that if you select the option in the first detective question 'someone inside the village', the correction starts by disproving another incorrect conclusion.

It's slightly inconsistent that the player is notified when they recieve a detective point but not when/if they get relationship points.(Or I've been giving the wrong answers)

It would also be nice if the player got a summation of the evidence(possibly inside a dialogue option) when they have to answer a detective question. This might be more important later on in the game/story as clues get spread out over longer segments of gameplay.(I have my moments of sheer stupidity and genuinely forgot Casey said that it wasn't the boys from the village)

Reactions: Shinneru

Shinneru

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Use of 'that's been' (singular) after 'events' (plural) seems to be a consistent error.

It's also confusing that if you select the option in the first detective question 'someone inside the village', the correction starts by disproving another incorrect conclusion.

It's slightly inconsistent that the player is notified when they recieve a detective point but not when/if they get relationship points.(Or I've been giving the wrong answers)

It would also be nice if the player got a summation of the evidence(possibly inside a dialogue option) when they have to answer a detective question. This might be more important later on in the game/story as clues get spread out over longer segments of gameplay.(I have my moments of sheer stupidity and genuinely forgot Casey said that it wasn't the boys from the village)
Thank you so much for the feedback, much appreciated! I already reworked early dialogues a bit to make them less confusing. Your idea with summary is actually on point and I'll think about adding some sort of notice in case of relationship points. Patch is coming out on Wednesday with new content, QoL changes and fixes ~

Last edited:
Reactions: zeraligator

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Shinneru Just a suggestion but you may wish to move that first preview image further along.

Since I assume this game is for general audiences with optional content (and well most don't fancy two non-mc dicks with the cute girl to be the first thing they see in the preview. I assume two non-mc cause neither are wearing MCs clothes may be wrong).

Also may deter some because that is the first image seen when hovering over on the latest updates page. so people might not even click on it to even check.

To go one step further you may wish to separate the images into the non-avoidable and avoidable. (so people know what they can avoid).

Shinneru

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Shinneru Just a suggestion but you may wish to move that first preview image further along.

Since I assume this game is for general audiences with optional content (and well most don't fancy two non-mc dicks with the cute girl to be the first thing they see in the preview. I assume two non-mc cause neither are wearing MCs clothes may be wrong).

Also may deter some because that is the first image seen when hovering over on the latest updates page. so people might not even click on it to even check.

To go one step further you may wish to separate the images into the non-avoidable and avoidable. (so people know what they can avoid).
Thank you so much for this suggestion! I changed the order. It actually makes a lot of sense. I am pretty new in terms of promoting my game so much appreciated ~

Reactions: bobdillan

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Thank you so much for this suggestion! I changed the order. It actually makes a lot of sense. I am pretty new in terms of promoting my game so much appreciated ~
Happy to help.

One last piece of advice: with the optional stuff, make sure to clearly separate it, you don't want dialogue from the optional stuff bleeding over into the story for those who avoided it.

An example of what not to do would be like a game on here somewhere that has an ntr switch, yet even with ntr off the girls still talk about cheating on MC and fucking other characters. I know you aren't doing ntr I am just using this as an example.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Shinneru quick question... have you tried playing the combat section in the tutorial? cause... it is like impossible. fighting the snakes is hard enough, but the butterflies always land their ranged hits and kill you in 3 that you can't avoid nor escape from... into a game over...

Really needs some balancing or better controls. (Attacking is kinda weird, and the controls being so spread out feels kinda awkward as well, with splaying your fingers on asd and 1).

is there supposed to be a way to dodge? I am assuming s? but the tutorial says nothing about it.

hmm I see, you bum rush the butterflies before they can attack and range the snakes. They still a bit op though, maybe explain it before dumping the player in with no knowledge of the fighting styles, or remove the instant game over and just send them back to the start... cause chances are they haven't saved in a while... and is really annoying to get back.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Shinneru that slime scene... is ntr.... well to be more specific is netoraze, since well it is raping her. not saying you have to remove that scene... but make it optional cause it is as it currently stands forced netoraze.

Cause amanda is a LI, and depending on how the player is playing they may already be dating her. Well since amanda doesn't come across as unwilling imma backtrack and say it is just NTR possibly bordering on netoraze but the dialogue fits NTR more. Still forced NTR, again you don't have to remove it... but your dev notes is currently incorrect, and that content is currently forced.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shinneru

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
@bobdillan

Good points. As for the combat, I tested it and I managed to do it without even using a single potion so I assumed it wouldn't be too hard with 3 of them.. but that was wrong of me. I may be familiar with the system, but many players won't. As for Game Over screen.. it was me being dumb and overlooking it. Anyway, will release fix/balance for it tomorrow morning!

As for NTR stuff.. Hmm, I wasn't really aware that's how it looks. I kinda assumed that in the Main Story our MC don't have any closer relations with any of the girls (since that's an optional, side thing). I should probably clarify this, thanks for pointing this out.

Really appreciate the feedback. I want this first project to be a really good learning experience for the future, so thanks once again, will work on it and pay more attention!

I may want to give myself more time and focus on improving core mechanics of the game while making it more appealing among hundreds of other games like this.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Fakeuser002

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
@bobdillan

Good points. As for the combat, I tested it and I managed to do it without even using a single potion so I assumed it wouldn't be too hard with 3 of them.. but that was wrong of me. I may be familiar with the system, but many players won't. As for Game Over screen.. it was me being dumb and overlooking it. Anyway, will release fix/balance for it tomorrow morning!
It isn't too hard once you start to get the hang of it. but can be a bit iffy.

As for NTR stuff.. Hmm, I wasn't really aware that's how it looks. I kinda assumed that in the Main Story our MC don't have any closer relations with any of the girls (since that's an optional, side thing). I should probably clarify this, thanks for pointing this out.
Yeah one of those things with sandbox games. However that aside, even if the player hasn't done that part, they still wouldn't like it and would feel like ntr anyway simply because they are an LI and would already be viewed in that way. (Obviously those into that kind of content won't have any problems with it)

If I may make a suggestion, have it be optional in the sense that before it starts the scissoring, Amanda has a chance to hit it or something (to make it go away), and maybe also have it before it grows a dick (since some players will be fine with the lez part but not the dick part). That way you can easily avoid it and not have to change the scene too much.

That being said if you do keep it, you will have to add the ntr tag to the thread and genre. like so "NTR (avoidable)" that being said only add the avoidable if you make that scene avoidable in some way. otherwise it would be "NTR (unavoidable)" or just "NTR". But given your dev notes imma assume you would either go with the former or something else.

Really appreciate the feedback. I want this first project to be a really good learning experience for the future, so thanks once again, will work on it and pay more attention!
Happy to help.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Shinneru
two suggestions:

Ability to save before important choices.

On how to do that content in the future without it being NTR, have it as an optional fetish of the MC to watch amanda (and maybe the other girls) fuck the monsters.

Although I don't know if it would fit the game, since it seems to be more of a MC forming a harem, with some side niches here, where as this idea would take up a bit more dev work if it is multiple scenes, which you may not wish to do, plus effort is better spent on MC fucking montergirls :p .

Reactions: rgnar62

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I never ever considered monster raping Adventurer as NTR as it's what Slime's do.. it's just there nature to rape there prey.

Also where the heck is fast skip button? This is the first game I have played in a long time that does not have a <CTRL> to fast skip feature.

Sorry but a damn detective is NOT what you are if you decide to corrupt someone! DAMN that made me go ugg.. but since I accidently clicked on that option I have to replay a big part of the game to get back to the MOST stupidest decision I have seen in a game where you play a detective! Choosing a route like that just throws the character out the damn window and changes the entire story of the game.. I could not believe it when I read that choice.. I was like really going the route of a fucking corrupt detective.

Depending how the story unfolds now it went from a 5/5 to a 3/5 maybe more if it gets more unbelievable as a detective. At this point I am not even sure where the story is going now but at this point calling him a detective when he would go the route of corruption... than he was never a detective in the first place. If your going to do something like this he should of just been a stupid Adventurer as they can go either way for greed.

Last edited:

Shinneru

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I never ever considered monster raping Adventurer as NTR as it's what Slime's do.. it's just there nature to rape there prey.

Also where the heck is fast skip button? This is the first game I have played in a long time that does not have a <CTRL> to fast skip feature.

Sorry but a damn detective is NOT what you are if you decide to corrupt someone! DAMN that made me go ugg.. but since I accidently clicked on that option I have to replay a big part of the game to get back to the MOST stupidest decision I have seen in a game where you play a detective! Choosing a route like that just throws the character out the damn window and changes the entire story of the game.. I could not believe it when I read that choice.. I was like really going the route of a fucking corrupt detective.

Depending how the story unfolds now it went from a 5/5 to a 3/5 maybe more if it gets more unbelievable as a detective. At this point I am not even sure where the story is going now but at this point calling him a detective when he would go the route of corruption... than he was never a detective in the first place. If your going to do something like this he should of just been a stupid Adventurer as they can go either way for greed.
Do you mean making the game 2 x faster during dialogues, scenes, etc.? You just hold Z or left mouse button if I am not mistaken.

As for the story.. Hmm.. I see your point. From my perspective, it's more like you're that character so it was you who decided to abuse your power, not detective himself. That's how it works a lot of times, people do it. The more power someone has, the more greed comes into the play. With that being said, appreciate feedback! I am currently focusing on improving core mechanics and reworking some writing and scenes I am not so proud of. Gonna give myself 1.5-2 weeks time to come back with a way better game ~