fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Lexi v0.02 Development Progress

Sep 23 at 12:39pm

Hey Guys,
Just a quick update on development of Lexi v0.02.

Currently I'm running way behind, due to some extra programming, adding the HUD, starting classes (my last year of school) etc. That said...one of the scenes was about 90 images to render, not counting the outside layers so you don't see just a white spot where the windows are. And I'm spending all my free time working on Lexi.

I'm experimenting with a few ways to speed things up, like rendering backgrounds separate from the characters, then putting everything together in Photoshop, and few a other workflow enhancements. I'll only use this when I can get do it well enough to not look like a cardboard cut and paste job.

Now to get to the point. I'm doubting that v0.02 will be released before the end of September. However...I'm not gonna put it off until the end of Oct just because I can. I'm not a dick like that. I will release as soon as it's ready, and not a day later.

Thanks,

Chatterbox

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
It's a 0.1 by a dev with no proven track record in a field with thousands of abandoned games. People expect a lot more than launching a game to deserve their support.
It's a quality 0.1 following an intriguing demo by a dev who engages and interacts in a field with thousands of crappy demos. He's built a website, hired an additional writer, learned some Daz tricks to cut render time, and shown sustained commitment over several months. Relative to other newer releases I've seen, I stand by my comment :).

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
True, but it´s Risky too, we all know that things change really fast in both sides (Up or Down) ... RL probs and much more ;)
No argument there :). I'm not suggesting people spend $$. My point is that relative to a a lot of other start-up projects, this project seems a lot less risky and shows a lot more ambition, which is why I'm surprised it's getting little attention. Also, I'll admit I have a different view of supporting a project than some. This shows promise, so it's fun to support. If he abandons it, I'll shrug and move on. I personally don't think "risk" comes into play at all for me, but I'm only speaking for myself. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal taste, and maybe Lexi isn't as intriguing to others as it is to me.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The game is intriguing but it's still a first release. It's getting the amount of support i'd expect for a first release, well, it's getting more than i'd expect.

Once the dev has proven he's reliable with constant regular updates of a decent quality then is where you say it deserves more support.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
The game is intriguing but it's still a first release. It's getting the amount of support i'd expect for a first release, well, it's getting more than i'd expect.

Once the dev has proven he's reliable with constant regular updates of a decent quality then is where you say it deserves more support.
We're working on that. And I do appreciate the support that we have now.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I _hate_ televangelists. Utterly. Truely. Deeply. With passion too. So i'm definitely gonna try this one out if we can "save" the daughter of one in more than one way :)

Reactions: Chatterbox

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm an ignorant bitch, I had to google what a televangelist was. I didn't know that was a thing people do then again i'm one of those godless whores that's going to burn in hell for all my sins according to the crazy shouty guy in our town center.

That's about as close as me and religion have got.

Unless you count that town I dated a church's piano player for all of 2 days. I so wanted to put in a pun about showing her heaven but don't want to get boo'd off the thread.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
A very good start (using different renders/scenarios which is refreshing) looking forwards to an update.

I, too, detest religious fanatics - rather than enjoying the daughters (which I will, and often), I am most looking forward to "desecrating" the mother. Hopefully this will take place across the desk where her husband writes all his self-righteous, sanctimonious, sermons.

Also props are due for not giving the MC a "comedy dick" - I find that tends to break immersion.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Lexi v0.01
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Lexi v0.01
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )
Thank you!

Reactions: the66

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017

Sarah was always a sore spot for me. I've always thought she just looked....frumpy.
So while this is not a game image. It is a test I was doing with post work using the new Sarah.

Old images with Sarah in them will be re-rendered with the new version.

Tell me what you guys think. Leave a comment and tell me if you love her or hate her.

Oh...and tell me what you guys think about the vibrancy of the room. That's what I was working on when I saved this image.

Chatterbox

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
Sarah was always a sore spot for me. I've always thought she just looked....frumpy.
So while this is not a game image. It is a test I was doing with post work using the new Sarah.

Old images with Sarah in them will be re-rendered with the new version.

Tell me what you guys think. Leave a comment and tell me if you love her or hate her.

Oh...and tell me what you guys think about the vibrancy of the room. That's what I was working on when I saved this image.

Chatterbox
I thought Sarah looked fine just the way she was - I prefer her the way she was. I think it is a mistake to try to make everybody look like a model... I'm all in favour of having "normal-looking" people in games (although that may be an unpopular opinion).

Not sure what you mean by "vibrancy", the proportions of the room look a bit "off" but I presume that is because the room is a backdrop rather than a scene that the character is posed in.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think she looks far too young there, she looks more like Lexi's sister than mother.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Hey guys,

I feel bad about the delayed update. I was really hoping to have it out over a week ago. But for those who don't know, the previous two writers didn't work out. They're great guys, and did nothing wrong. They just didn't really have the same vision I did.

So I hired a writer. So far he seems to know what he's doing, and I think he's the right guy for the job.

Anyway...besides adding things like the new new HUD, we've made improvements to the v0.01 script (thanks to the new writer), and updated some characters that were under par.

So here is a little peek at what we're working on.

Old Chelsea:
bar_chelsold.jpg

New Chelsea:
bar_chels.jpg

Old Sarah:
d2_meeting_sarah003.jpg

New Sarah (Not a game image, just for display): Same model, just improved look.
Sarah Final with post test 2.jpg

Anyway....we already have a lot done for the new update. Just fixing some old issues.
I hope you guys are still looking forward to v0.02. We'll have that to you as soon as we get everything squared away.

L☹VE

Devil May Cry
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
Hey guys,

I feel bad about the delayed update. I was really hoping to have it out over a week ago. But for those who don't know, the previous two writers didn't work out. They're great guys, and did nothing wrong. They just didn't really have the same vision I did.

So I hired a writer. So far he seems to know what he's doing, and I think he's the right guy for the job.

Anyway...besides adding things like the new new HUD, we've made improvements to the v0.01 script (thanks to the new writer), and updated some characters that were under par.

So here is a little peek at what we're working on.

Old Chelsea:
View attachment 160205

New Chelsea:
View attachment 160209

Old Sarah:
View attachment 160210

New Sarah (Not a game image, just for display): Same model, just improved look.
View attachment 160212

Anyway....we already have a lot done for the new update. Just fixing some old issues.
I hope you guys are still looking forward to v0.02. We'll have that to you as soon as we get everything squared away.
omg, this is fucking awesome, good job :eazyHype:

4.60 star(s) 53 Votes