• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm really hoping this update catapults this game into the upper tier of Ren'Py VNs. This project deserves more support than it's getting. Sure, there was some clunkiness in the demo, but the growth and improvement have been amazing. We have a dev that interacts with fans, takes some suggestions, stands his ground with other suggestions, and provides regular updates without excuses. I just sense there's a commitment to quality here. The renders are top-notch, and the banter between the MC and Lexi shows that the new writer relationship is working well. There are subtle refinements playing through from the beginning that give everything a more authentic feel.

I really hope that a few months from now this project will be in that upper echelon of anticipated releases.

Maybe @Krull can make some fan signs?

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I'm really hoping this update catapults this game into the upper tier of Ren'Py VNs. This project deserves more support than it's getting. Sure, there was some clunkiness in the demo, but the growth and improvement have been amazing. We have a dev that interacts with fans, takes some suggestions, stands his ground with other suggestions, and provides regular updates without excuses. I just sense there's a commitment to quality here. The renders are top-notch, and the banter between the MC and Lexi shows that the new writer relationship is working well. There are subtle refinements playing through from the beginning that give everything a more authentic feel.

I really hope that a few months from now this project will be in that upper echelon of anticipated releases.

Maybe @Krull can make some fan signs?
Exactly, and I find it amazing how after school and working full-time job, the dev still finds time to work on this project, even with the already limited time at hand, that makes me sense legit commitment and passion for the project on the dev's part, and that is what I respect tons, and the dev sure does deserve far more support than he has currently :)

And if Krull indeed would create some fan sigs for this VN, I'd be sure to do my part to promote the VN, in the hope that the word spreads a bit more and the dev gains more supporters :)

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This is still one of the best new-ish games out there. The characters are well done and it's interesting to see how things will go.

A small criticism that is actually very common in adult games, little details could easily be missed that things don't really make much sense. An example in this update is how MC is trying on jeans, but for some reason also took off his shirt. Nobody would take off their shirt when trying on jeans. I get it that it's an adult game and the purpose is to make Lexi saw MC just in his underwear, but story would make more sense if he's trying out both shirt and jeans.

Another small aspect that I think can be improved is that I feel the presentation of the choices could be made better. At the moment, there are too many "tease her" or "be serious" options. I think it's better to make them less obvious by actually mentioning the lines themselves as the choices. For example when asked about where MC learned how to fight, the choices could be: "It all started back in the Vietnam War" and "I was MMA champion" rather than "Tease her" and "Serious answer".

Reactions: nasam

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
So awesome to see this updated! I played through the initial release months ago, but was beginning to think it had been abandoned. It would have been a shame to see yet another promising VN go unfinished, because I really like the story, dialogue and renders. Great work!

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Trasher. Did you start over, or use a previous save from v0.01? This has never happened when I tested the code and I can't seem to reproduce it.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Another small aspect that I think can be improved is that I feel the presentation of the choices could be made better. At the moment, there are too many "tease her" or "be serious" options. I think it's better to make them less obvious by actually mentioning the lines themselves as the choices. For example when asked about where MC learned how to fight, the choices could be: "It all started back in the Vietnam War" and "I was MMA champion" rather than "Tease her" and "Serious answer".
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Reactions: nasam and thmcjr

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
This is an excellent point! It would give the MC more immersion and a feeling of cleverness.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
So awesome to see this updated! I played through the initial release months ago, but was beginning to think it had been abandoned. It would have been a shame to see yet another promising VN go unfinished, because I really like the story, dialogue and renders. Great work!
I would never abandon Lexi. I just have to take my time. I get up at three in the morning, go to work two hours away, then drive home.

Besides that...I have class two nights a week plus Saturday.

On top of that, I have to back and forth to the doctor as they try to figure out a heart arrhythmia that I they recently found.

On top of that....I had two writers that didn't work out (great guys, just not right for this particular project).

Anyway....So many things combined just seemed to work against me these last two months. But I will still never abandon Lexi, even if it's slow until I get done with school....there will be another update all the way until this story reaches the end. You have my word on that.

Chatterbox

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Love this game and ty for this update looking forward to more updates hopefully it doesn’t take a lot of time for next update :)

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
I would never abandon Lexi. I just have to take my time. I get up at three in the morning, go to work two hours away, then drive home.

Besides that...I have class two nights a week plus Saturday.

On top of that, I have to back and forth to the doctor as they try to figure out a heart arrhythmia that I they recently found.

On top of that....I had two writers that didn't work out (great guys, just not right for this particular project).

Anyway....So many things combined just seemed to work against me these last two months. But I will still never abandon Lexi, even if it's slow until I get done with school....there will be another update all the way until this story reaches the end. You have my word on that.

Chatterbox
I was working from early morning to late, then going to school at night with a misdiagnosed medical condition until graduating, so I know how you feel. There's no way I would have had the drive or energy to develop such a great story at the same time, so thanks for going above and beyond! Take care of yourself first, and take your time. It's great to see you haven't given up. :)

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
So you can definitely relate to that part of the story, kinda hits home, huh? I feel ya man :/
Lets hope the dev lets us reunite with the little girl though, that'd be the best ending :)
Don' care for the (ex?)wife though, she seem like a gold digger, she can leave for all I care, especially after threatening with seeing the daughter. I'll work my way back up, get the daughter for myself and find her a suitable step-mommy :p
yea I would walk thru lava to get to see my son.. I think it is a great angle for the writer to use.. in fact I am one day hoping to create something here also and he beat me to one of my ideas.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
I've been there since the initial release, was enough to win me over and then some, renders, the models, the story and the backstory, all won me over, and I remember when MC returned home and saw his little girl, it broke my heart seeing her go from happy because daddy is back home, to sad because he has to leave because mommy doesn't like daddy no more, so my ultimate goal would be to reunite the little girl with her daddy, and if doing the job well as the bodyguard furthers that goal, I'm all for it, but everything else to me is secondary :heartcoveredeyes:
Yes the fact that the MC is not just a rich, well hung kid is nice. The fact that he has a weakness(gambling) to me is also a great aspect of the story. I am sure the writer will hve some plans to challenge the MC's commitment. I just hope that we can avoid failing the MC's commitment to not gamble for his child Chloe's sake.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yes the fact that the MC is not just a rich, well hung kid is nice. The fact that he has a weakness(gambling) to me is also a great aspect of the story. I am sure the writer will has some plans to challenge the MC's commitment. I just hope that we can avoid failing the MC's commitment to not gamble for his child Chloe's sake.
Exactly, Chloe needs her daddy, so for her and his own sake lets hope he will pull his shit together and make things work :)

Reactions: Enyos and Rebeldad

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
@Chatterbox my game had a wrong call ( missing ) for an image in day003.rpy line 36: was calling d3_kitchen_01 believe it should be d3_kitchen1_01

And a suggestion: in my opinion the look up and down for the pictures is a little fast, it's hard to take it all in the amount of time it scrolls, maybe slow it down a little bit. I changed the easein to 7 for the look_up_down and for me at least I had time to look at the whole image in one take, just a suggestion.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Chatterbox my game had a wrong call ( missing ) for an image in day003.rpy line 36: was calling d3_kitchen_01 believe it should be d3_kitchen1_01

And a suggestion: in my opinion the look up and down for the pictures is a little fast, it's hard to take it all in the amount of time it scrolls, maybe slow it down a little bit. I changed the easein to 7 for the look_up_down and for me at least I had time to look at the whole image in one take, just a suggestion.
Hi wurg,

Can you tell me...did you start from completely over, or did you use an old save from v0.01? Using an old save on this version will cause errors. If you started completely over I'll take a closer look at it, but on first inspection...it appears that the code and file name is correct.

Chatterbox

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Hi wurg,

Can you tell me...did you start from completely over, or did you use an old save from v0.01? Using an old save on this version will cause errors. If you started completely over I'll take a closer look at it, but on first inspection...it appears that the code and file name is correct.

Chatterbox
I started completely over, the game did not error out just said image not found ( picture below ). I honestly didn't know it was missing, I didn't see the text because of the stats thing, just thought it was supposed to be that way, until I was looking around trying to figure out how to slow down the picture scroll, learning the code by looking at others. When I saw that I tried to figure out how to fix it. I even redownloaded it make sure it was not something I did with the same result.

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes