Dec 9, 2018
I can't work at the library because I don't meet the looks requirement, the local shop doesn't sell makeup and I can't find the mall in this version. What's that about?
Pretty sure makeup is found at the mall (in Bijlmer), which is unlocked by buying the map from the shop where you live and then studying/reading it.

RenStimpy

Oct 31, 2017
I can't work at the library because I don't meet the looks requirement, the local shop doesn't sell makeup and I can't find the mall in this version. What's that about?
Try going to one of the toilets, and touching up your makeup - will give you a free +2 to looks. Wash, rinse, repeat until you get the needed level.

Kind of a hacky work-around since you need no makeup to do this, but does cost you time, so it's not really "free".

Klaabu

Feb 19, 2019
Q: What triggers William quest? I abandoned Zack quest, sometimes later Willian leaves libray, investigate- some pussygrabing, and nothing. Did i miss a trigger?
Sorry about - English not my native language.

A:You need to abandon the Zack quest when he meets Lizzy in the library and asks her to show him her boobs. That is the key moment to trigger Willem. Once you've done that and Willem has saved you from Zack, be patient and at some point Willem will come for his reward.

So he comes, gets nothing and leaves, then he leaves library, next investigate and pussy grab and nothing. I tried 1 option and second option. Then i tried not to start Zack quest at all - shut the computer in library. Same story - Zack, William to the rescque- he comes to reward - gets nothing, leaves a library, investigate - pussy grab and nothing. When he comes back? - next year or so?

erddddm

May 24, 2017
Q: What triggers William quest? I abandoned Zack quest, sometimes later Willian leaves libray, investigate- some pussygrabing, and nothing. Did i miss a trigger?

A:You need to abandon the Zack quest when he meets Lizzy in the library and asks her to show him her boobs. That is the key moment to trigger Willem. Once you've done that and Willem has saved you from Zack, be patient and at some point Willem will come for his reward.

So he comes, gets nothing and leaves, then he leaves library, next investigate and pussy grab and nothing. I tried 1 option and second option. Then i tried not to start Zack quest at all - shut the computer in library. Same story - Zack, William to the rescque- he comes to reward - gets nothing, leaves a library, investigate - pussy grab and nothing. When he comes back? - next year or so?
you need to have intelligence lower then 50 to trigger after he saves you from zack make sure it wont go so high

Reactions: Klaabu

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
If anyone have this problem, I found mine is solved by editing this variable in the console:
Code:
SugarCube.State.active.variables.PayDays
The infinite loop with Henry usually stems from having $PayDays equal to zero, but Henry is no where to be found cos of something, or it is 23:00 and you still not paid your rent. Setting $PayDays to something greater than zero breaks this loop, however you don't want to set it to bigger number cos it can break something else. My recommendation is set it to 1 if it happens to break from the loop, go to sleep, then pay the rent in the next day, then set the variable again to 6, fixing the rent payment cycle.
Yeah, I ran into that before. Here's a portion of my bug report post from earlier in year (as a reminder for dev):
I couldn't find a reliable way to reproduce this bug, but @n1ck seems to have zero'd in on what triggers it.
The $PayDays variable is a variable that cannot be altered in any way. There is no way to not visit Henry on Thursday morning and therefore the $PayDay variable will always reset after having paid Henry on Thursday morning.

There are 2 options for this to not be true:
1) A bug; somehow it is possible to bypass the Henry payment and thus not resetting the $PayDay variable. If you've been able to skip Henry on Thursday morning somehow, let me know please.
Skipping Henry means: Not getting the initial message to go and pay him, or when at the entrance somehow being able to leave it before paying him directly, paying him through the money box or telling him you're short.

2) Hax. People have been changing settings in the console or have been tweaking some variables with whatever tool. Obviously this one is something I cannot do anything about.

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
The mall is available after you've bought the map from the local store. Check your inventory and study the map.
Also check out the Hints section as it is sort of mentioned there as well and there may be other things you didn't know about the game yet.

Hi, is there a possibility for some kind of family path?
No, not at this time. Once pregnancy has been added this will be something I will want to add. But that is a ways off.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: temporaryuser

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017

Hey @Klaabu,
There is no intellect check for the Willem route unlike erddddm mentioned.

All you need to do is choose the right option when Zack meets Lizzy at the library again and asks Lizzy to show him her boobs. There are 3 option and 2 of the three will lead to the Willem content. It takes a while though so after Willem has saved Lizzy from Zack, just continue to work at the library. After a while Willem will come for a reward for his heroic intervention and that is when the Willem content will slowly develop.

Good luck
BurningSun

Klaabu

Feb 19, 2019
Hey @Klaabu,

All you need to do is choose the right option when Zack meets Lizzy at the library again and asks Lizzy to show him her boobs. There are 3 option and 2 of the three will lead to the Willem content. It takes a while though so after Willem has saved Lizzy from Zack, just continue to work at the library. After a while Willem will come for a reward for his heroic intervention and that is when the Willem content will slowly develop.

Good luck
BurningSun
Thanks for replay - i did second option, int was over 50 and he come, but get nothing, Lizzy gets more money, later Willam leaves the library and Lizzy gets hes job?( btw my Lizzy get even less salary after that - drop 200 to 170) Patricia informs about archive-basement, later there is encounter -noise, investigate and pussy grabing and all. Played till winter - all beds, items 6000 money, but no William and no more events. Below intelligents 50 quest progresses to sex part when William comes for reward. Btw if Lizzy refuses to be obidient in first archive encounter and dont take money, its time to quit Library quest or is there some ending?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Hey @Klaabu,
Thanks for replay - i did second option, int was over 50 and he come, but get nothing, Lizzy gets more money, later Willam leaves the library and Lizzy gets hes job?( btw my Lizzy get even less salary after that - drop 200 to 170) Patricia informs about archive-basement, later there is encounter -noise, investigate and pussy grabing and all. Played till winter - all beds, items 6000 money, but no William and no more events. Below intelligents 50 quest progresses to sex part when William comes for reward. Btw if Lizzy refuses to be obidient in first archive encounter and dont take money, its time to quit Library quest or is there some ending?
Well, the "no intelligence" requirement is misleading. Yes there is somewhat intelligence "requirement" and could show the code in v0.8.6.3 to prove it.

The only way @Klaabu have the progression like he did is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My suggestion is keep the intelligence just enough to get the job done, no more.

As for the 1st archive encounter, there are differences internally, but AFAIK in the current version those differences are not used and have no impact to the story.

There is an ending for Willem path, but comes much later in the game.

Reactions: Klaabu
Sep 10, 2017
When the conditions are obscure and convoluted enough that even the dev himself doesn't know how to trigger things anymore, is when you know it's just gone too far.

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
When the conditions are obscure and convoluted enough that even the dev himself doesn't know how to trigger things anymore, is when you know it's just gone too far.
He purposefully makes his hints vague because knowing things in the game right of the bat makes it admittedly boring.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Sigh... okay here goes...

Well, the "no intelligence" requirement is misleading. Yes there is somewhat intelligence "requirement" and could show the code in v0.8.6.3 to prove it.

The only way @Klaabu have the progression like he did is:
My suggestion is keep the intelligence just enough to get the job done, no more.

As for the 1st archive encounter, there are differences internally, but AFAIK in the current version those differences are not used and have no impact to the story.

There is an ending for Willem path, but comes much later in the game.
Good luck proving it :D

I know you've been rummaging in the code a lot which is great and I don't mind one bit. And even if I would mind, there would be nothing I could do about it. But I know the game a little better than you do and when I say that there is no Intellect check for the Willem content, then there is no Intellect check for the Willem content. It is not misleading at all.

If you state that Intellect is a requirement, then you should also state that Looks is a requirement as well as Hygiene, Energy and LibraryScience. These 5 requirements are the basic requirements to progress in the story. But they have nothing to do with the actual Willem content. If you do not meet these requirements you are not allowed to work and that is all that there is too it. There is a work check every single day and you need to meet that check, but it is not leading in unlocking Willem events. The decisions Lizzy takes are leading.

The above breakdown is wrong. You are close, but it is not correct.
I'm not going to break it all down, as that will take me too much time. But I've taken the time to write down a small part below.

As you can see there are plenty of ways to unlock Willem, but NONE depend on the level of intellect, or any other stat.

What has gone too far is people believing the answers of people who rummage in the code a few times over the answer of the dev.

He purposefully makes his hints vague because knowing things in the game right of the bat makes it admittedly boring.
Not true at all. If you have a problem with my explanations, then that is fine. Everyone is different, but don't state things you think are true rather than things you know are true.

I simply don't like to hand out stuff on a silver platter. I find that most people these days have ZERO tolerance for any sort of time drain and call it a grind, boring, stupid, or something like that.
So, do I answer if people ask me questions? Yes always. Do I always take every person that says help by the hand and take mini-baby-steps and point them towards the rainbows with a toddler-proof step by step guide?? No.
Sometimes I do when there is a good reason for it or something like that.

Cheers
BurningSun

Edit: Hope the above is clear and helps explain the library content a little better. I'm not going to dive as deep in answers like this again unless it is really needed due to bugs or something like that.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Pffft long posts are draining lol

Anyway here a small update regarding V0.8.7.0 In Da Club.

Ihad hoped to be able to release the BETA end last week, beginning this one, but unfortunately that is not going to happen. Too much stuff still needs to be done. The reason for the slow development is mainly due to the fact that I am currently looking for a new job which is taking me a lot of time hunting online and going to interviews and they are draining. So when I'm home I want to disconnect and just watch some movie or something like that.

Anyway development hasn't completely stopped and attached are some simple screens (nothing fancy) just to show you a few hints of what is coming.

Speak soon!
BurningSun

D

Deleted member 154552

Pffft long posts are draining lol

Anyway here a small update regarding V0.8.7.0 In Da Club.

Ihad hoped to be able to release the BETA end last week, beginning this one, but unfortunately that is not going to happen. Too much stuff still needs to be done. The reason for the slow development is mainly due to the fact that I am currently looking for a new job which is taking me a lot of time hunting online and going to interviews and they are draining. So when I'm home I want to disconnect and just watch some movie or something like that.

Anyway development hasn't completely stopped and attached are some simple screens (nothing fancy) just to show you a few hints of what is coming.

Speak soon!
BurningSun
Hello,

Thanks for those intels :)

So, on those screenshots I can see some new features, and all seems promising:
- Inventory ordering has changed (to add some new items?)
- A new pic on left column, which seems to present a photoshoot (to remind a day task?)
- Raul path seems implemented !
- A new parameter "Free Style" (dancing?)
- A new place, the "Chassé Dance Studio" (nice name, btw) (for a dance career?)
- A new job: "Club work Experience 3"
- Distribution of flyers for a club; what kind of club needs to show boobs, and zero Intellect ;) ?
- And who is Daisy?

With all those new features, @BurningSun I have only one question: "What are you wating for to release???" (or said differently: can't wait :) )

Regards, Yankev

EDIT:
I may be wrong of course, but there seems to be a bug: on the first screenshot, where there is the diary list on right column, the first icon is only showing the blue girl walking with a suitcase, which describe an action ("apply only when working"), but doesn't show for what it is related...

Sep 10, 2017
cleaningexp 49 + less than 149 cash + missing maid outfit = free maid outfit in the shop after asking for a favor. But, it seems the shopkeeper waived her away but you still get the outfit? Either there's text missing that he succumbed to Lizzy's wiles or she's not supposed to get the outfit?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Sigh... okay here goes...

Good luck proving it :D

I know you've been rummaging in the code a lot which is great and I don't mind one bit. And even if I would mind, there would be nothing I could do about it. But I know the game a little better than you do and when I say that there is no Intellect check for the Willem content, then there is no Intellect check for the Willem content. It is not misleading at all.

If you state that Intellect is a requirement, then you should also state that Looks is a requirement as well as Hygiene, Energy and LibraryScience. These 5 requirements are the basic requirements to progress in the story. But they have nothing to do with the actual Willem content. If you do not meet these requirements you are not allowed to work and that is all that there is too it. There is a work check every single day and you need to meet that check, but it is not leading in unlocking Willem events. The decisions Lizzy takes are leading.

The above breakdown is wrong. You are close, but it is not correct.
I'm not going to break it all down, as that will take me too much time. But I've taken the time to write down a small part below.

As you can see there are plenty of ways to unlock Willem, but NONE depend on the level of intellect, or any other stat.

What has gone too far is people believing the answers of people who rummage in the code a few times over the answer of the dev.

Not true at all. If you have a problem with my explanations, then that is fine. Everyone is different, but don't state things you think are true rather than things you know are true.

I simply don't like to hand out stuff on a silver platter. I find that most people these days have ZERO tolerance for any sort of time drain and call it a grind, boring, stupid, or something like that.
So, do I answer if people ask me questions? Yes always. Do I always take every person that says help by the hand and take mini-baby-steps and point them towards the rainbows with a toddler-proof step by step guide?? No.
Sometimes I do when there is a good reason for it or something like that.

Cheers
BurningSun

Edit: Hope the above is clear and helps explain the library content a little better. I'm not going to dive as deep in answers like this again unless it is really needed due to bugs or something like that.
Fair enough. I do have a different opinion though regarding the middle of the Library path, which differs with other paths. Only this path seems to "punish" the player for having high stats. Others puts the player more in control. To be fair, The end of the Flower shop path also have similar restriction, but even that, the player have options. Not so in the library path. See spoiler for details.

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes