Dec 19, 2018
Pffft long posts are draining lol

Anyway here a small update regarding V0.8.7.0 In Da Club.

Ihad hoped to be able to release the BETA end last week, beginning this one, but unfortunately that is not going to happen. Too much stuff still needs to be done. The reason for the slow development is mainly due to the fact that I am currently looking for a new job which is taking me a lot of time hunting online and going to interviews and they are draining. So when I'm home I want to disconnect and just watch some movie or something like that.

Anyway development hasn't completely stopped and attached are some simple screens (nothing fancy) just to show you a few hints of what is coming.

Speak soon!
BurningSun

How good!,
8.7 is coming
BurningSun take your time so you polish your coding, in one way or another all of us, we have to choose how to live.

Sep 10, 2017
What has gone too far is people believing the answers of people who rummage in the code a few times over the answer of the dev.
I confirmed it for myself, didn't blindly trust him or anything. I actually had this issue a year ago or so, where willem would get fired and thus abruptly end his path. Had to look in the code because it was because intel was too high. I can understand that my remark was inconsiderate, but nonetheless true.
Edit: probably two years ago... Time flies. :censored:

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Is there a guide or a walkthrough,going over the images, i m missing out on a lot of things.
Also are things time blocked ie u need to reach a certain number of days to unlock

D

Deleted member 53291

Pffft long posts are draining lol

Anyway here a small update regarding V0.8.7.0 In Da Club.

Ihad hoped to be able to release the BETA end last week, beginning this one, but unfortunately that is not going to happen. Too much stuff still needs to be done. The reason for the slow development is mainly due to the fact that I am currently looking for a new job which is taking me a lot of time hunting online and going to interviews and they are draining. So when I'm home I want to disconnect and just watch some movie or something like that.

Anyway development hasn't completely stopped and attached are some simple screens (nothing fancy) just to show you a few hints of what is coming.

Speak soon!
BurningSun
will you introduce Red light district in a new version too?

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for those intels :)

So, on those screenshots I can see some new features, and all seems promising:
- Inventory ordering has changed (to add some new items?)
- A new pic on left column, which seems to present a photoshoot (to remind a day task?)
- Raul path seems implemented !
- A new parameter "Free Style" (dancing?)
- A new place, the "Chassé Dance Studio" (nice name, btw) (for a dance career?)
- A new job: "Club work Experience 3"
- Distribution of flyers for a club; what kind of club needs to show boobs, and zero Intellect ;) ?
- And who is Daisy?

With all those new features, @BurningSun I have only one question: "What are you wating for to release???" (or said differently: can't wait :) )

Regards, Yankev

EDIT:
I may be wrong of course, but there seems to be a bug: on the first screenshot, where there is the diary list on right column, the first icon is only showing the blue girl walking with a suitcase, which describe an action ("apply only when working"), but doesn't show for what it is related...
Hey Yankev,

Some nice assumptions haha. Yes some new items, yes a reminder of the job you are currently having, yes there are dancing lessons, yes there is a new job but it is no dancing career.... or is it? Or is it a job at the club? Daisy is making an appearance in the club (not sure yet on how much of an appearance).

Not a bug, a new icon. You missed some hints here or there I think, but you got most of them ^^

cleaningexp 49 + less than 149 cash + missing maid outfit = free maid outfit in the shop after asking for a favor. But, it seems the shopkeeper waived her away but you still get the outfit? Either there's text missing that he succumbed to Lizzy's wiles or she's not supposed to get the outfit?
Hmm wow... that is some missing stuff! I completely forgot about that one tbh. I've made a note and will look at it soonest, but not sure if it will be in the next update.

Thanks a lot Thereisnospoon.

Is there a guide or a walkthrough,going over the images, i m missing out on a lot of things.
Also are things time blocked ie u need to reach a certain number of days to unlock
There isn't a complete walkthrough yet, though I'm sure most stuff has been covered in these forums, so a proper search for anything you are wondering about likely will find you some hints or tips. You can always write a post as well and ask me and all the people here.
will you introduce Red light district in a new version too?
No, that will likely be in the next update.

Cheers
BurningSun

Dec 19, 2018
Hello,
I wonder if you could add more sexual encounters in the pool and in the sauna, depending on the dignity, in the sauna there could be small orgies, what do you think about the BurnigSun proposal?

Reactions: byran47

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Some bugs I've noticed:

1. Buying panties give +1 base look but losing them doesn't affect it. So it's possible to get 100 base look by repeatedly buying panties.

2. You can avoid rent increases as long as you stay out the night before the scheduled increase such as by following a guy/girl home from the club. (Is it possible to move out from Henry's place?)

3. You also avoid the debuffs from having your period if you stay out the night before.

4. If you follow a guy home from the club, he never seems to wear a condom if you tell him you are a virgin. Is this working as designed?

5. You don't lose your virginity when following a girl home from the club even though strap-on experience increases. Is Lizzy the only one wearing it?

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hello,
I wonder if you could add more sexual encounters in the pool and in the sauna, depending on the dignity, in the sauna there could be small orgies, what do you think about the BurnigSun proposal?
More encounters are planned for the whole Spa area. Hopefully in the next update I'll be able to add some already.

Some bugs I've noticed:

1. Buying panties give +1 base look but losing them doesn't affect it. So it's possible to get 100 base look by repeatedly buying panties.

2. You can avoid rent increases as long as you stay out the night before the scheduled increase such as by following a guy/girl home from the club. (Is it possible to move out from Henry's place?)

3. You also avoid the debuffs from having your period if you stay out the night before.

4. If you follow a guy home from the club, he never seems to wear a condom if you tell him you are a virgin. Is this working as designed?

5. You don't lose your virginity when following a girl home from the club even though strap-on experience increases. Is Lizzy the only one wearing it?
Hey guest1492,

Thank you for your bug report.
1) Ha nice find. Fixed for the next version; it actually made me rewrite the whole Looks & BaseLooks code and it works much better now.
2) Hmm you can't follow anyone from the club on Wednesday night as the club is not open that night unless you used a cheat. Guess you meant the pub? It is possible to that from the club, but hard to trigger unless you save scum. In any case, it is fixed for the next version (I hope).
3) Hmmm they should have been added through the encounters, but I guess they aren't. Going to check this for each encounter.
4) Yes and No. If Lizzy has condoms AND has set the toggle to always use condoms, there should be an option to tell/ask him to use a condom. I just ran several tests and it works. You sure Lizzy had condoms and had the toggle on?
5) Yeah I know. Lizzy also doesn't lose her virginity when she 'plays' with Rosie during the photoshoots. It is something I will need to change, but I will leave this for now.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: Carloschacal2

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
2) Hmm you can't follow anyone from the club on Wednesday night as the club is not open that night unless you used a cheat. Guess you meant the pub? It is possible to that from the club, but hard to trigger unless you save scum. In any case, it is fixed for the next version (I hope).
3) Hmmm they should have been added through the encounters, but I guess they aren't. Going to check this for each encounter.
4) Yes and No. If Lizzy has condoms AND has set the toggle to always use condoms, there should be an option to tell/ask him to use a condom. I just ran several tests and it works. You sure Lizzy had condoms and had the toggle on?
Rent increases always seem to happen on Saturdays. On some random Saturday, I'd wake up to Henry knocking on my door and increasing rent by 40 euros because ALIENS. As long as I make sure to avoid being home on that day, I can skip the rent increase.

The debuffs I'm talking about are the hygiene, health, and morale decreases applied every morning while you are on your period. It appears that these are only applied when you wake up in your room.

Lizzy has condoms and it is toggled to always use condoms. I checked the code and apparently if Lizzy has 35+ looks, the guy will ignore the request to use a condom. So I guess it means I have to have less than 35 base looks, put on make up to get 35+ looks in order to enter the club, then go to the toilet and freshen up till I drop below 35 looks, then follow a guy home and ask him to use a condom before it'll actually work...

Also found something else that I'm not sure if it is a bug or not: you can put on makeup multiple times. So if you spend an hour to apply makeup 4 times you can get up to 100 looks.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
any chance of increase the bad encounter frequently ?
Keep your luck, morale & dignity low and more stuff will happen. Many events depend on either one of these three or on a combination of two of them.

Rent increases always seem to happen on Saturdays. On some random Saturday, I'd wake up to Henry knocking on my door and increasing rent by 40 euros because ALIENS. As long as I make sure to avoid being home on that day, I can skip the rent increase.

The debuffs I'm talking about are the hygiene, health, and morale decreases applied every morning while you are on your period. It appears that these are only applied when you wake up in your room.

Lizzy has condoms and it is toggled to always use condoms. I checked the code and apparently if Lizzy has 35+ looks, the guy will ignore the request to use a condom. So I guess it means I have to have less than 35 base looks, put on make up to get 35+ looks in order to enter the club, then go to the toilet and freshen up till I drop below 35 looks, then follow a guy home and ask him to use a condom before it'll actually work...

Also found something else that I'm not sure if it is a bug or not: you can put on makeup multiple times. So if you spend an hour to apply makeup 4 times you can get up to 100 looks.
Ah I read it wrong, the rent increases which happen on Saturday. Thanks for taking the time and post again. Hmm need to think how to get that fixed.

Yeah I did a few checks yesterday and indeed those debuffs have not been added like I thought I had. Will need to fix that for the next version too.

Aha yes that is indeed true and if you put it that way, it is a bit strange. I'll build a intellect check into it so that if Lizzy's intellect is high enough, she will tell him to use a condom rather than asking him.

Yeah the makeup thing is something I still need to change. It has been mentioned before by people, but it has always been on the to do list but never on the 'have-to-fix-this-now list as it costs a lot of money and therefore stops you from doing that especially in the beginning. But yeah, needs fixing.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post!
BurningSun

Reactions: Back

laddiestlad

Nov 23, 2017
if I may ask, what triggers the shower sex scenes? the only ones I've gotten so far are the touchy girl, the rape and the one where a dude pays you to do various things, but not the other ones
tried with high and low morale, liberal, rep and the likes

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
Nice potential for a HTML game, but despite quite a bit of content, it feels extremely alpha-version'ish.

My main criticisms are:
  • Massively, MASSIVELY grindy
  • Lack of player control. If you want to boost or lower some stats, you're at the mercy of RNG Jesus
  • Ever changing pictures representing the protagonist (to be expected of a HTML game)
  • Many poorly debugged events (not boosting the right stats etc)
  • Despite a decent amount of content, due to the aforementioned grind there's far too much repetition / too little variety
Also, the city selection option at the start is pretty ridiculous. At this pace, Amsterdam will maybe be finished in a few years, let alone other cities...

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
Can anyone share his thoughts on what the best job route is and why?

I randomly started with the flowershop one, but it's horrendous in hindsight, mostly because you keep earning so little that you're constantly struggling (since MC refuses to find a new place even though the landlord constantly increases rent to ridiculous levels) and down the line the plotline is downright lazy because it just recycles the photo studio stuff.

Which I found out when I tried that plotline next. It's easier to play, since you quickly earn enough with it to easily afford rent and it naturally decreases dignity and increases liberalism, which seem to be the most important variables driving the adult content.
However, I feel in the end it gets a little silly where the MC takes all kind of shit, supposedly for free weed she wouldn't have any problem purchasing herself at that point. And it's easy to do, too. Makes no sense to me.

Iirc you're offered two more jobs, is one of them different enough to be worth going through all the grind again?

RenStimpy

Oct 31, 2017
Can anyone share his thoughts on what the best job route is and why?

I randomly started with the flowershop one, but it's horrendous in hindsight, mostly because you keep earning so little that you're constantly struggling (since MC refuses to find a new place even though the landlord constantly increases rent to ridiculous levels) and down the line the plotline is downright lazy because it just recycles the photo studio stuff.

Which I found out when I tried that plotline next. It's easier to play, since you quickly earn enough with it to easily afford rent and it naturally decreases dignity and increases liberalism, which seem to be the most important variables driving the adult content.
However, I feel in the end it gets a little silly where the MC takes all kind of shit, supposedly for free weed she wouldn't have any problem purchasing herself at that point. And it's easy to do, too. Makes no sense to me.

Iirc you're offered two more jobs, is one of them different enough to be worth going through all the grind again?
Yeah, the grind is real. I have only completed the photoshoot story, and it did not lead to a game over scenario - it allowed you to continue on with another job. I'm not sure if that is possible with the other jobs, but having poked at the code, I think the other jobs have end game scenarios built-in, meaning if you worked the job to the end, you would have a game over, and would need to start a new game to get a new job.

If someone knows better, please correct me on that - I may be mis-reading the code.

As for money, it seems like loan shark + whoring is the intended path to solve money issues. Outside of the photoshoots, the other jobs just do not pay enough to really cover costs.

BTW - each of the storylines take most of a year to play out. The photoshoot was finished after 150 sessions (4 sessions a week, about 38 weeks of game play). I think the others are similar in length.

As for your last question - are additional jobs worth the grind? No idea, except to say that I am holding off until next release to try another job - hoping the new content added will make the grind worth it.

Cheers!

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
Thanks for the insights RenStimpy.

Design wise it should not be too difficult to come up with mechanics to combat the grind more than a bit, for example scheduling of some sort like in the princess maker games, but here it's a lost cause since the game was appearently built using the Twine application.
For something built with that software I think the game is a tremendous achievement, but due to the less than optimal framework provided by Twine improving and even maintaining/expanding the game should be a nightmare.
Kudos to the dev for getting as far as he did with Twine.

As for my original question, I think I read somewhere in the thread or roadmap that a rebalancing of the jobs is planned, which is sorely needed. I finished the photoshoot plotline with almost 5k in the bank despite having purchased almost everything (except the life membership in the health club) and constantly used makeup and all the services (hair, nails, skin).
With the flowershop I was just hanging in there without using the services and lacking many of the purchases.

In the end, keeping the rent at a reasonable level would be a decent stopgap measure. Though as a credit to the developer, rent in Amsterdam seems to be indeed ridiculous irl. :p

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
...but here it's a lost cause since the game was appearently built using the Twine application.
For something built with that software I think the game is a tremendous achievement, but due to the less than optimal framework provided by Twine improving and even maintaining/expanding the game should be a nightmare.
Kudos to the dev for getting as far as he did with Twine.
A quick look at the HTML comment within the head element of the game's HTML file shows that it was built using the Twine v1.4.2 application and v2.23.5 of the SugarCube story format.

If you recognise my alias then you will know I have some experience with using the Twine related tool set (which both of the 'Twine' named applications and the SugarCube story format are part of)

I'm unsure why you have come to the opinion that it's not possible to design & implement a maintainable game framework, with features similar to those required by games like this one, but I can assure you that it is possible using the core functionality of the SugarCube story format if the Author is willing to put in the time & effort required.

This would be true for other gaming engines like Ren'py or Unity, both of which I am also familiar with.

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes