BobHope2

Mar 19, 2018
So after another 10 minutes with all that maxed out I was able to get the toilet scene, It might help to make it a little more likely with high enough appropriate stats, as it, the dance floor scene, and the bar scene don't end the night where as the seemingly much more common being taken home does. Possibly make those more likely in the early parts of the night? I don't really know your technical limitations so I'm not sure how easy any of that would be.

You previously mentioned working with someone but being unsure if you wanted to, You could easily have fans make replacement folders that could be hosted (or linked) here. Such as a completely new GH or Single File. Obviously on the individual level anyone can replace the files but having a quality fan made "mod" set would be pretty cool.

Sep 10, 2017
upload_2018-5-9_0-38-22.png

If you'd like to test the new version, you can try PMing him in here as well if he checks his PM box here. If not, you'll have to PM him on tfgames (Which requires registration).

Because I'm not sure to what extend the "advertise other sites" rule applies to, I'm reluctant to post the direct link to the message. Just PM him here and see if you get a reply in a day or two.

Reactions: nick148

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all,

Thank you for your PM's. I've now got enough testers. Hopefully I get feedback during the weekend, which would in turn mean the release of the game (with considerably less bugs than normal! :)) during next week.

Have a nice weekend all,
BurningSun

Reactions: eruhlu muhdi

eruhlu muhdi

Nov 16, 2017
Hi all,

Thank you for your PM's. I've now got enough testers. Hopefully I get feedback during the weekend, which would in turn mean the release of the game (with considerably less bugs than normal! :)) during next week.

Have a nice weekend all,
BurningSun
Good luck with the progress man. As sure as god the long waiting is worth it. One of the best games out there. Can't wait to play it.

Cumbug

Apr 13, 2018
It washes off your makeup, which makes you more beautiful.
Makeup application only returns 22 points where as showering takes 50.
It's a stupid idea that cleaning oneself makes them uglier. There is no way you can justify to me that taking a shower and getting clean should make me uglier.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
If you want I can call it 'Makeup' in stead? So that your makeup is washed off during showering.... But then how to handle the fact that jewelry makes one look nicer/more interesting/more beautiful/call it what you will? And what about a nice tan? And what about having a nice haircut? And... You get it I'm sure.

Therefore all the above and a few more are combined in 'Looks'. If you would have read the 'Hints' section you would have seen the following:
- Looks; Lizzy is a beautiful girl, but certain jobs, people, or events require her to have a certain 'amount' of Looks. Some people simply require her to have put on some makeup before coming to work for example, just because they feel that is appropriate for the job. Lizzy's Looks are based on two things. 1) Her 'BaseLook', which is increased by jewelry, hair and nails. Once you have a piece of jewelry, your Looks will never drop below this point. 2) Her 'VariableLook', which is based on her makeup and nothing else. The variable part can be increased by applying makeup or lipstick, etc. Obviously like in real life looks are important. Keep in mind that makeup and water, sweat, hard work never go well together! So, Looks that are based on makeup will deteriorate over time.

So taking a shower does not make Lizzy ugly.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: Papa Ernie

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all,

I had planned to release the latest version today, but unfortunately some of the testers returned a bug which I've not yet been able to squash and which produces black video's. Nothing major, but very annoying. I'm working through all the reports right now and have asked these testers to give me a bit more detailed feedback so that I hopefully am able to find the bug and squash it.

Whatever happens, I will release it on this Friday (oops never promise anything stupid!)..

Below the version notes as they were just before the testing started.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry for the slight delay peeps.

Cheers
BurningSun

Sep 10, 2017
but unfortunately some of the testers returned a bug which I've not yet been able to squash and which produces black video's.
I haven't noticed anything like that when I tested it myself.

1. Do they have the issue consistently?
2. Does the bug only trigger after (a) certain event(s)?
3. Does it get solved when using a different browser?
4. Have they tried uninstalling and reinstalling codecs?
5. Are you able to reproduce the bug yourself?

A thing to consider if #1 and #5 are answered with "yes" is to try changing the format to mp4 or even gif and see if that works. Perhaps even replace it with an mp3 sound file to see if it does get played/parsed correctly.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
It is not that the bug is related to the question: Why does the file not play?
It is due to the fact that somehow the filepath is generated wrongly in the code. So the error lies in the code somewhere and therefore it is an error I created.

There were a few people reporting it. They also reported some other bugs which actually were there; meaning their claim of having found the bug seems legit.

I ran into it myself before release but had thought it was squashed. But apparently not in all cases. So the hunt must continue for a few days more.

Cheers
BurningSun

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes