Sep 10, 2017
Tell me, how would you see that working exactly? At what part would the change/blackmail/force begin etc.

Lemme hear it and who knows :)

BurningSun
What about something for studies? And/or perhaps expanding the current studying parts where you raise botany/fashion etc instead of it just going up a number?

I quoted your previous message both so you get an alert and to jump on the subject: What are you looking for and would it help you at all if we contribute something like that? ("that" being suggesting new things and perhaps assist writing the suggested content?)

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Well I mainly meant to get some ideas. Some may be able to be added quite easily, while others may not. It all depends as to how and where they (could) fit in. What sometimes looks easy on the outside, may be very difficult and vice versa... I know that now... never did before creating my own game.

Tbh, so far I've held off all offers on help because I just like to create it myself too much. I enjoy the time I spend on it at the moment and I'm a little afraid that if I were to go ahead and implement some let's call it 'community effort material' it may become too much of a 'must' for me to do it, rather than what it is right now. Hope that makes sense. - edit: This could change in the future though as I've been toying with the idea for a while.. but holding off for now.

In general, a lot of ideas/suggestions already made it to the game, so I guess I was just looking for suggestions and hoping to see one or two that are implemented easily without too much time effort or too much of a ripple effect in the coding etc.

Hope the above is clear.
Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all,

Been a while and thought to give you all a little update on the current progress of V0.8.4.

I'd been stuck on a feature for a few days and in the end I sought some guidance on the forums (I really don't dig arrays!). The help I got was great, but I was advised by several people to change my game from Sugarcube 1.x to Sugarcube 2.x. When I started to build this game I didn't even know there were two different Sugarcubes, let alone what they were!
Anyway I spent quite a while trying to convert the game and even though progress was slow, there was progress. In the end I had to get some help and greyelf (who else) helped me out with cleaning up old code, converting some of the marcos etc.

Anyway, long story short; The game has now been fully converted to Sugarcube 2.x. It does mean though that development of V0.8.4 has suffered a delay (altogether I've spent about 2 weeks trying to convert it and actually converting it). I'm trying to make up for lost time, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish everything by the end of April. So there could be a delay of one or two weeks.

The change had to be done to make it easier/possible to implement certain new elements to the game.

Apart from the above there is not much other news from my side. Guess I could share some (only part of the list and the least exciting ones as well
) of the upcoming changes with you below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kind regards
BurningSun

Sep 10, 2017
Hey BurningSun,

For what it's worth; Sugarcube 2 tends to have better support than Sugarcube 1, also because Twine 2(.2.1) is supported a lot better than Twine 1 and seems to be a lot better in terms of performance while designing your game(s). So I guess those are additional perks that you have now that it's done.

I do suppose the (risk of) pregnancy update does get delayed slightly as well because of this, but on the other end, developing new content will be slightly easier to offset that so I'll just have to take that to heart :p

A suggestion, if I may; I don't know if you plan on having period tracking or not (I did see some fertility % in the code here and there), but if you do, it might be nice for her to track that in your Notes page as well. I would have to admit that a "Dear diary..." kind of system would suit Lizzy a lot more than notes though, seeing as how innocent she is when she starts out in the new world on her own, but either works.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, can't wait to see where her adventures will take her next. :eazyHype:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Hallo BurningSun,
thanks again for keeping us on track.Sounds great so far - will old saves work with the next update? Recently I have started a new game with a totally new tactics which seems pretty brilliant so far, and it would be a shame if I had to do it all over again.

One more thing, a suggestion

And it seems to me that there could be a bigger variety at the beach refering to the
Greetings!

Apr 14, 2018
Thank you for this game.

After playing the maid route to up to around 109 I finally had enough money to enter the club.

I now took the time to read through this whole thread and found out about the v.0.8.3.1 version.

I was playing with the 0.8.2.6 version posted on the first page of the thread therefore my impressions are based on that.

- - -
What I will try to do on fresh starts:

- try to talk to Henry in the "entrance" area on mo, tu, we, fr from the beginning.
- keep the "Morale" around 70+
- Save up money for the next rent, and to purchase makeup, nails, hair for around 14 days

- - -
Feedback
I liked how more options opened up depending on the Dignity, Reputation and Liberal stats.
There are so many random events triggered and it is very fun to discover new images and videos after you finally get there. Patience really did pay off.

It would be less punishing if Lizzy could actually choose between different "job levels" with different stat requirements.

Still, from a game perspective it would be more "convenient" if the old jobs with lower requirements would remain available even after higher paying ones are unlocked. Lizzy could meet new people during jobs that offer her special jobs based on her skills. Some more advanced jobs could still offer bad endings etc and get locked.

The game might be a lot more friendly if there would be at least one very low paying job that only requires Energy and Hygiene but is not linked to "Looks" and "Intelligence".

- - -

I will try a fresh start with the newer version of the game and thank you for all your work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ray3dave

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hey BurningSun,

For what it's worth; Sugarcube 2 tends to have better support than Sugarcube 1, also because Twine 2(.2.1) is supported a lot better than Twine 1 and seems to be a lot better in terms of performance while designing your game(s). So I guess those are additional perks that you have now that it's done.

I do suppose the (risk of) pregnancy update does get delayed slightly as well because of this, but on the other end, developing new content will be slightly easier to offset that so I'll just have to take that to heart :p

A suggestion, if I may; I don't know if you plan on having period tracking or not (I did see some fertility % in the code here and there), but if you do, it might be nice for her to track that in your Notes page as well. I would have to admit that a "Dear diary..." kind of system would suit Lizzy a lot more than notes though, seeing as how innocent she is when she starts out in the new world on her own, but either works.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, can't wait to see where her adventures will take her next. :eazyHype:
Hey Thereisnospoon,

Thank you for your post. I'm sticking with Twine 1.x for now as Twine2 is really not user friendly in my opinion (development wise). I cannot open more than 1 window at any given time (SERIOUSLY!?) and the code has the same calour as the text in all passages, making it really hard to quickly skin through text to find a bug or to find the area to work on. Change to Sugarcube had to happen as indeed the support for 1 is done and 2 offers more possibilities coding wise etc.

Pregnancy is planned for V0.9 and I don't believe that release will be affected.

I can call the Notes page 'Dear Diary', sounds cute indeed. There are only so many notes I can fit on the screen per person though so unsure yet how it will look as at this time it is still in development.

Your welcome and I think you will like some of the new additions :)

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hallo BurningSun,
thanks again for keeping us on track.Sounds great so far - will old saves work with the next update? Recently I have started a new game with a totally new tactics which seems pretty brilliant so far, and it would be a shame if I had to do it all over again.

One more thing, a suggestion

And it seems to me that there could be a bigger variety at the beach refering to the
Greetings!
Hey ray3dave,

All saves from the latest version (V0.8.3.1 will work) any saves older than that may cause issues.

I agree the flower job is kinda boring, but I believe the new additions to that job will spice things up nicely.

Really would love to implement more clothing options, but it requires a lot of coding to just add an option to wear panties or not. Obviously to just give the player that choice, that is quite easy, but to have that choice matter is quite hard and quite time-consuming. It is on my to-do list though, but I'm unsure if/when I will get 'round to it for the city of Amsterdam.

More beach stuff is planned, and in general more is planned based on Lizzy's choices. I takes time though, so don't expect too much of that in V0.8.4 sorry.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: ray3dave

icherwin

Jun 8, 2017
Dignity is the problem. Roughly put, high dignity -> nothing works, low dignity -> everything works. To lower dignity permanently is not so easy, but after having achieved it, there is hardly a challenge left.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Hey ray3dave,

All saves from the latest version (V0.8.3.1 will work) any saves older than that may cause issues.

I agree the flower job is kinda boring, but I believe the new additions to that job will spice things up nicely.

Really would love to implement more clothing options, but it requires a lot of coding to just add an option to wear panties or not. Obviously to just give the player that choice, that is quite easy, but to have that choice matter is quite hard and quite time-consuming. It is on my to-do list though, but I'm unsure if/when I will get 'round to it for the city of Amsterdam.

More beach stuff is planned, and in general more is planned based on Lizzy's choices. I takes time though, so don't expect too much of that in V0.8.4 sorry.

Cheers
BurningSun
Thanks for your answer. I understand that everything you can put into the game should have a meaning throughout the whole game and so it means a lot of work. My clothing suggestion is not soooo overwhelming, so I agree that it would probably not make the game much better in comparison with the effort it would mean to implement it. Looking forward to what's coming next!

bribri74

Apr 18, 2018
Hey there !
Got question about photoshoot job please

Ok i have managed to go to the foursome scenes with Rosie...and then i got fire and remplaced by a new girl.
I think i did something wrong but what ?
Need some help please thx ;)

BobHope2

Mar 19, 2018
Be drunk (60%+), or have low dignity and it will trigger.
After F5ing repeatedly to reset the random pickup events for a long while I can't seem to trigger the event ether with max drunk 60% 80% with various cum addiction rates or other drugs with low to non-existent dignity.

Also "/General/Single/AP2", "/General/Single/CP3", "/General/Single/AP4"
The file skips AP3 completely and there seems to be no way to trigger the vid at all.

"Suck my duck" Is also a line that I don't think is intentional.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
After F5ing repeatedly to reset the random pickup events for a long while I can't seem to trigger the event ether with max drunk 60% 80% with various cum addiction rates or other drugs with low to non-existent dignity.

Also "/General/Single/AP2", "/General/Single/CP3", "/General/Single/AP4"
The file skips AP3 completely and there seems to be no way to trigger the vid at all.

"Suck my duck" Is also a line that I don't think is intentional.
Duck has been corrected. Thank you!
Ok random pickup events is something different then the toilet sex scene in the club. For the latter you need 80% (sorry not 60%) drunkenness or less than 40 dignity or more than 40 cum addiction to trigger the event when being in the toilets.

For random pickup events in the club, of which one leads you to sex in the toilet, you need to be have a 60% drunkenness while trying to pickup someone. Then there is a small chance (guessing about 5%) that the pickup event is triggered. There is one that leads you to the bar where you get used, one in the toilet and one on the dancefloor.

The vid error I found myself already and has been addressed for the next version.

Cheers & ty for your post
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hey there !
Got question about photoshoot job please

Ok i have managed to go to the foursome scenes with Rosie...and then i got fire and remplaced by a new girl.
I think i did something wrong but what ?
Need some help please thx ;)
You did nothing wrong. That is just how the fashion job ends:

Cheers
BurningSun

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes