Francis60

Jan 18, 2018
Where is the loanshark?? Also I have encountered the red light district and am asked about it, but I keep declining. I got lucky and found the 96 euros every now and then and was doing pretty good for a while, but now starting to run out. I am making like 46 from flower shop..

Also for those with makeup issues you have to check it under diary to use it when you apply it.
You need need to find a flyer for him. It takes too long usually so if you go into toolbar/more tools/developermode/console and type in SugarCube.State.variables.LoanShark=1 you will have access

Francis60

Jan 18, 2018
Tell me more about this tweak
If you right click the html file that usual brings you to the game, you can open a very ugly version of the code in note pad, just choose "open with" and notepad. From there ctrl+f and in the search bar type in /*whore*/ and enter, it will take you to the only instance of this phrase in the code, which comes just a bit before the formulas for payment which looks like this { $Pay += ($Cumlvl * 3) + ($CumCraze / 8) + ($AddCum / 15) + ($Looks / 15) + ($ExpSex / 15) + ($Fitness / 5) + ($Free / 10) + ($Fame / 12)>>\n<<set $Pay -= (($Dignity / 10) + ($STDCount / 3) + ((100 - $Hygene) / 10) + ((100 - $Energy) / 10) + ((100 - $Health) / 10)) } the first set is things that positively influence pay and the second set negatively influences pay, you can change those however you like; delete a component, alter the numbers, or even move one from the positive formula to the negative one. I lower the cum addiction effects and move them to the negative side because I feel like she would charge less with a higher addiction. Just a bit further you will see this { $Pay lt 25>><<set $StatCash to either(23,24,27) } which if you read through it is essentially saying "if pay is less than 25 set cash earned to either 23,24, or 27." You can alter those numbers as well. I generally set it to {$Pay lt 0>><<set $StatCash to either(0,1,-5) } Typically I'm earning enough later on that whoring isn't absolutely necessary for money, I just enjoy setting it this way to make here seem so depraved that she even be the one paying sometimes.

You can do this with the gloryhole too, for instance, you find it the same way ctrl+f /*glory*/. It takes a bit of looking at and is pretty daunting at first, but you can play around with basically every component of the game once you get a basic understanding of the language.

D

Deleted member 8132

Thanks for the update. Really like the game, always excited for the new additions.
Is there any plan on lesbian content and a boyfriend/girlfriend system?

xort

Jun 1, 2017
Seems like going to the loan shark and not paying him back traps you without a way to exit back to the game.

sasori

May 8, 2017
Or as this is a SugarCube 1 based Twine game you could simple open your web-browser's developer console and use SC1's build-in debugging options to change the value of any of the game's variables.

eg. SugarCube.state.active.variables["Cash"]=1000
TypeError: SugarCube.state is undefined
doesnt work

finnmacha

Jul 20, 2017
Seems like going to the loan shark and not paying him back traps you without a way to exit back to the game.
Agree, the loan shark is bugged and a dead end. Thinking an emergency exit that returns you to your apartment would be nice. A phone contact (guess that would mean you need a phone to use it) for a Taxi to return you home.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I have discovered a problem for some reason my looks stat is locked at ZERO this prevents me from getting a job.
Agree. Applying make-up does not modify Looks. With 0 Looks .... unemployable.
Applying makeup is bugged doesn't do anything as well. It neither removes make-up from your inventory, nor does it influence your looks.
crap, again old save dont work. I hate to start fresh every single update :mad:
can't apply makeup. Whenever I do nothing changes. Makeup isn't decreased and looks aren't increased. Work around is to go to a toilet and just touch up makeup however times I need
I'm having the same problem. Applying makeup doesn't increase looks
Apply Makeup doesn't do anything... Any fix for it?
Hi all,

Do you know there are options regarding the makeup? In the diary page (right side of the screen) there are boxes you can tick. Likely yours are ticked to X never use it? Could you please check and let me know if that has resolved your issue?

I made this work the way it does, so you can buy all three types of makeup, but decide yourself when to use which as sometimes you do not need all of it. The makeup options were there already last update, I only added the new Shower option this time and made it so that if you have the X selected for let's say the nailpolish, but the shower for the other two, you will only use the other two. Also when you actually go to the 'apply makeup' section, you will opnly apply the makeup which is not X-ed out.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: Oiz

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
starting new game in .8.6

getting this and "looks" stats are always at 0
View attachment 225905
Hey jerro,

Yea, sorry about that. You need to download the HTML file only. There is a link on the main page at the bottom. Just download the HTML file and replace the one you have right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
According to posts from the Dev, the main changes were to the structure. There was also supposed to be a lot of added content, but primarily to the "club job" path, which was only teased about in previous versions. Not sure how much of the Club path was completed, however. I support Burning Sun on Patreon, but not as a beta tester.
The idea was to have the 'In Da Club' update finished and realeased this time. However, I noticed it took way too long for it to get finished, so I put that on hold and started with what was released yesterday. What does this mean for new content?
1) The club has not changed and all the work I've been doing for it is now planned to be released with the next update. So basically V0.8.7 is now called 'In Da Club'.
2) The main changes this time are the actual Time (Big change coding wise!) and the Navigation (Also a big change coding wise). There are a few small things that were added. Several changes/additions to the losing your virginity aspect of the game and some small events in the city.

So if you are waiting for a lot of additional content, unfortunately you will need to wait a little longer. V0.8.7 In Da Club, will be it.

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Do finding things require a specific requirement to find them? I'm like 60 days in and i still haven't found the wellness center.
The Spa is found either by chance when walking to the Northern part of town, or there will be a flyer available in the entrance area at some point.

crap, again old save dont work. I hate to start fresh every single update :mad:
Old Saves should work, UNLESS your save is older then V0.8.3.1. Have you pressed the UPDATE ME button, once you imported your save game?

Thanks
BurningSun

Nasty-Nappa

Oct 9, 2017
Haha :) I like it
Hey there and thanks for the game ;) anyway there is a huge bugs dead end when we came back to the loan shark when the loan is overdue and when we don't have the money I got this :

As you enter the office the owner starts talking to you straight away; "Well well well... fancy seeing you here! Did not expect to see you anymore to be honest!"
"I'm sorry for being late! I had some issues... and and.."
"Whatever! You here to pay me!?"
"Hmm sorry but I. .. I don't have your money yet."
"Seriously!! You come back here and simply tell me that you don't have my money!? Are you for real girl!!"
His raised voice and thundering fist that lands on the desk make you shiver.
"I'm so sorry but I've tried really hard, but I just can't seem to be able to save any money!"
"Fuck this shit! I knew I shouldn't have lent some dumb teen any money. FUCK!!!"
You stay quiet and hope for him to calm down a little.
"So how the hell are you planning to pay me back?! THINK before you answer me!"
You literally have no idea and decide to remain silent and slowly shake your head while looking really scared. Partially because you actually kinda are and partially because you hope it will make him see you honestly don't have a clue.
"Okay, so if you have no fucking idea, I'll tell you how this is going to work. You will go and earn the money any fucking way you can! You hear me? I don't care what you have to do get it. Get what I'm saying???"
You look at him puzzled and shake your head a little.
"JEEZUS. Do I have to spell it out for you? Look, you get me that money whichever way you can. I don't care if you have to steal for it, lie for it, beg for it or sell your pussy on the streets, but you better get me my fucking money!! I give you 1 more week to get me my money! Do you get what I'm saying?!?"
You quickly nod your head.
"GOOD! Now get the fuck out of my sight stupid bitch! You got one more week to pay me."
You look at him in disbelief... did he just say... did he really just say what you think he said. 'I'm not going to fucking sell my.. my vagina!!' your brain is screaming at you. But at the same time it is making up all kinds of scary thoughts about what this guy will do to you when you don't come up with the money within a week
As you walk out the door you look around and see him staring at you and raising his fist at you.
"Get me my money! Go walk the streets bitch," you can hear him say as the door closes. You hurry away from the building and as you do, you try to not think about the horrible things he just said. There must be a way out of this mess?! As you aimlessly walk further away from the office, all you can think about is what he said about selling your... pussy. 'What did he mean with walk the streets?' you wonder. 'Can anyone simply sell themselves on the streets? That is disgusting!?' you tell yourself while getting more and more distance between you and the loan shark.

And that's all no exit.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
So... how are people making enough money to keep up with rent in the early game?

I'm not interested in cheats. I'm looking for what people are actually doing in game to make money. If I don't save scum for random city events which give me euros, I usually end being unable to keep up with rent after the first few weeks - especially after the first period since my morale tends to be kinda lowish, even with me trying to spend more time at the park/mingling at the pub to raise morale daily.

Am I missing something? I legit can barely keep up with rent from week to week, much less being at a point where I can buy anything useful that might increase my base stats daily. And when the base rent increases? Insane.

Again - not looking for cheats.
Hey noctred,

On which setting are you playing the game? I've tested it over Christmas again on 'Easy' setting and after the first week, I'm no longer experiencing any money issues. I can't buy everything I want all the time, but I can buy new stuff nearly every week.
Few tips you may not know about:
1) Make sure to keep Morale high when working. People seem to hate Lizzy coming to work with a low morale. The happier Lizzy is, the better she does her job, the better she does her job, the more she gets paid. If you try and keep Morale above 90 in the first few weeks, you'll get paid the max amount of money.
2) Always try and study the appropriate stuff in the Library. So Botany when you do the flower job, Housekeeping if you do the maid job etc. Even if you are not asked to increase it, find some time to study as the more knowledge you have, the better you can do your job... etc
3) Do not buy stuff the first week if you don't need to. For example, if you start with the cleaning job, there is no need for makeup the first week or two. Don't use it or buy any. Also, you don't need new clothes in the first two weeks or so. This I feel is the main thing people go wrong with. They want to buy all kinds of stuff and try it out. While I understand it is nice to do so, keep in mind that Lizzy is completely new in town and your job is to guide her. Would you go on a shopping spree the first few weeks in a new town when you've run away from home?

Hope the above helps a little. For more tips, press the Hints button on the left side of the screen in game.

I want to like this game, but man, this shit is hard as fuck. Taking the modelling job seems like fun, but it's only four days a week and when your morale is plummeting for no real reason, you're barely getting paid shit. I'd like my Lizzy to be corrupt, but slower, I don't want to immediately jump into prostitution, but I can't figure out how to balance, well, anything and it's frustrating. Also, your morale should jump back up following being on a period, it's ridiculous that it stays low when the reason why it's low is because you're on your period....

EDIT: Searching "money" in this thread brings up countless posts about the same thing with the only real option being "save scum and hope for wallets". That's dumb as fuck. If this is an issue for everyone, why the fuck hasn't it been addressed? The only job that gives you enough money to pay rent, is, ironically enough, the only "temp" job and even then you can barely scrap by when Aunt Flo comes to visit.
Many people in most games ask for easy money and easy cheats and stuff. I've played my own game a lot of times and I find that especially on easy setting there is no money issue.
I guess there are a few things that can influence ones opinion on how 'hard' or 'easy' it is to get in-game money.
I guess the biggest one is: Type of player; I play all my games on the hardest setting. Even if it means I wont finish the game. I don't care, I simply hate silver platters so I never chose them. So I made this game just cuz I was trying to see if I could do it for fun. It turned out to be this massive thing that I really like developing, but the way it is being developed is heavily influenced by my own preferences. Especially the 'hard' part. Believe me, when the game first came out, the starting amount of cash was a lot lower. So I do listen and do tweak, but I do it slowly and I definitely want to keep it 'hard'. You and others may call that stupid, or a grind and that is fine. It may mean though that perhaps this game is not up your street, but there is no need for the kind of language you are using.

Thanks
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I got to say this one of my favorite game to play but the new update for to go to job is bit confusing and more clicking involve isn't something I'm a big fan of.
It is one, or a few more clicks, depending on what job you have chosen. I understand you don't like the extra clicks, but I found that the new way of navigation helped to make the game feel more 'natural'?

Could it be that the mall appears at random? Opened the map and got there once, but can't get there / find it any more. ???
The mall appears after you have studied the map which you can buy from the local store.

Cheers
BurningSun

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes