cowbell321

Jun 5, 2017
It is one, or a few more clicks, depending on what job you have chosen. I understand you don't like the extra clicks, but I found that the new way of navigation helped to make the game feel more 'natural'?

The mall appears after you have studied the map which you can buy from the local store.

Cheers
BurningSun
I do agree, it's more realistic but I kinda gets old pretty quick, outside>taking bus>go to work. Also, on my 1st play on the update I kept missing when to go to work because the *work icon* needed to be scrolled down to see if she needed to go to work until I got used to the routine. Perhaps, that *work icon* would be more appropriate on the right top corner? Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work and love to see new content in future. :)

Reme

Dec 1, 2017
i have 0.8.5.3 version. What can i do for update to new version ?
Download the first in the op, then update the html file inside with the second in the op.
Note that the is saying there will be another version out in a few days to squish the last few remaining bugs.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
One more bug to report. If you visit Henry for lowering rent and your dignity is too high, there is no way to get back.

saddo

Jul 26, 2017
I have the latest version of the game, right now im stuck on paying mo's debt to faoud
"You will take this card and make sure to be at the address in the Bijlmer before twelve, every Friday and Sunday from now on"
Im there but nothing is happening, and when i skip this the game end (10A)

Is this bug or am i doing something wrong ?

iodio

Jul 10, 2017
- Fixed the looking for job page error. - ty many of you!
I dunno if this is the same bug.
For me, in 8.6.1 (and it was the same in 8.6), after Day: 1, I have no way to look for a job (the link "Go find a job" disappears and never comes back in the next days). Or, If I get a job on Day: 1 and then I am fired, there is no way to search for another job.
Since there is no way to secure the Photoshoot job on Day: 1 (at least from my understanding, you have to study Fashion at the library but also buy some more stuff to increase the Look stats -- after you've done that, you can open 'Go find a job' but it's too late in the day and you can't apply. So you have to wait the next day, but... no more "Go find a job" link!)

So if you choose a job on Day: 1 and you're never fired, all good. Otherwise unplayable...?

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

(Firefox; new game/no save from the past)

GoneinsaneNZ

Oct 20, 2018
For me, in 8.6.1 (and it was the same in 8.6), after Day: 1, I have no way to look for a job (the link "Go find a job" disappears and never comes back in the next days). Or, If I get a job on Day: 1 and then I am fired, there is no way to search for another job.
Since there is no way to secure the Photoshoot job on Day: 1 (at least from my understanding, you have to study Fashion at the library but also buy some more stuff to increase the Look stats -- after you've done that, you can open 'Go find a job' but it's too late in the day and you can't apply. So you have to wait the next day, but... no more "Go find a job" link!)

So if you choose a job on Day: 1 and you're never fired, all good. Otherwise unplayable...?

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

find a job is Monday - Friday, you can get the photo shoot job on day1, have a shower, go outside, goto local shop, buy map, study map, leave, goto library, study fashion, go home, apply makeup x2, go find job, get job. Well that works in hard mode, guessing it works the same in other modes.

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
With this much realism in a game, where I am forced to put on makeup and do dishes, i would expect there to be an option to make every man I meet a sandwich.

DreadMervin

Mar 17, 2018
Short Walkthrough for People Having Trouble Getting Started
1. Get a Job and never miss a day of work. I highly recommend AGAINST modelling job because the fitness requirement will murder you. Get it as a 2nd job after your 1st job is over. Balans leads to a game over. I personally go Flower Shop to unlock Faoud's random encounters.
2. Buy a map and study it (you need to click your inventory menu)
3. Do NOT USE MAKEUP. Go to a public toilet and touch up makeup until you get to the required look. On Hard buying makeup may bankrupt you.
4. DON'T BUY ANYTHING. EVER. Except Books if you need Intel for your job.
5. Use your non-work days at the Library to study up
6. Shower like crazy to keep your morale at 100.
7. Always do the dishes
8. Starting from 3rd week Henry path will unlock. Complete it.
9. At day 50 Loan Shark will unlock. So on a Monday or a Thursday AFTER 17:00 check the bulletin boards to unlock it.
10. Borrow money from from the Loan Shark, wait 21 days, visit him, and don't pay him back. Prostitution will be unlocked.
11. Forget about morale now.
12. Prostitute to annihilate your Dignity and make a lot of money.
13. Save up 2000 for the year long pass at the health spa for free STD removals
That's it. You should easily make all the rents, make enough money to buy everything, and unlock all content.
I feel like that should almost be thrown in the first post as a walkthrough link :D Very helpful.

Reactions: Kibad and L7Bear

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
1. Get a Job and never miss a day of work. I highly recommend AGAINST modelling job because the fitness requirement will murder you. Get it as a 2nd job after your 1st job is over. Balans leads to a game over. I personally go Flower Shop to unlock Faoud's random encounters.
3. Do NOT USE MAKEUP. Go to a public toilet and touch up makeup until you get to the required look. On Hard buying makeup may bankrupt you.
7. Always do the dishes
9. At day 50 Loan Shark will unlock. So on a Monday or a Thursday AFTER 17:00 check the bulletin boards to unlock it.
10. Borrow money from from the Loan Shark, wait 21 days, visit him, and don't pay him back. Prostitution will be unlocked.
That's it. You should easily make all the rents, make enough money to buy everything, and unlock all content.
The Shower seems to always reduce your "look" to zero (or sometimes 3), using make-up has no apparent effect, and as described above the only effective way to increase your look is to go to a public toilet and "touch up makeup" (which increases "look" by 2 each time.)

Is that a bug or a feature? 'cause it sounds like a couple of really annoying bugs:
1) Shower devastating your look
2) Only able to increase look in public toilet.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I do agree, it's more realistic but I kinda gets old pretty quick, outside>taking bus>go to work. Also, on my 1st play on the update I kept missing when to go to work because the *work icon* needed to be scrolled down to see if she needed to go to work until I got used to the routine. Perhaps, that *work icon* would be more appropriate on the right top corner? Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work and love to see new content in future. :)
Hey my work icon is about 2 thirds down the screen, so lots of room left. Never thought about that. Will move it higher the next version.

One more bug to report. If you visit Henry for lowering rent and your dignity is too high, there is no way to get back.
Are you using the latest version V0.8.6.1? As I added an option in that version to always be visible regardless of dignity levels.

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

No job hunting on Saturday or Sunday. You can try again on Monday. So shouldn't be a bug.

The Shower seems to always reduce your "look" to zero (or sometimes 3), using make-up has no apparent effect, and as described above the only effective way to increase your look is to go to a public toilet and "touch up makeup" (which increases "look" by 2 each time.)

Is that a bug or a feature? 'cause it sounds like a couple of really annoying bugs:
1) Shower devastating your look
2) Only able to increase look in public toilet.
Are you using the latest version V0.8.6.1? As in that version I set the default use of makeup to 1. If you are try checking the diary page and change makeup settings. Obviously I do not want anyone to spam buttons!

Looks in this game is a combination of Makeup, Lipstick, nail polish, jewelry, tan, hairstyle and more. The shower doesn't devastate your looks. All it does is rinse away the makeup. Just like in real life.

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
7. Always do the dishes
Some remarks :)

Nice guide, but the NEVER BUY ANYTHING & DO NOT USE MAKEUP are over the top, especially on Easy and Having a laugh.
Keep morale high by:
1) Sleeping in the park
2) Chatting in the pub
3) Walking in the park
4) Extra shower here or there never hurts anyone. (Watch setting of makeup!)
The Loanshark unlocks on different days depending the difficulty setting. Can unlock before day 40!

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: mercytea

Flamewolf

Oct 31, 2017
New to this game, sorry that this is always asked but, how do you unlock gloryholes? I read earlier in the forum either have low enough dignity (mine is 0) or be drunk as fuck (seems easy, good), but then what? I'm spamming "use the toilet" and nothing happens. Am I missing something, or is it RNG?

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
New to this game, sorry that this is always asked but, how do you unlock gloryholes? I read earlier in the forum either have low enough dignity (mine is 0) or be drunk as fuck (seems easy, good), but then what? I'm spamming "use the toilet" and nothing happens. Am I missing something, or is it RNG?
Are you going to the right toilet? In the club?

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I have the latest version of the game, right now im stuck on paying mo's debt to faoud
"You will take this card and make sure to be at the address in the Bijlmer before twelve, every Friday and Sunday from now on"
Im there but nothing is happening, and when i skip this the game end (10A)

Is this bug or am i doing something wrong ?
Hmm you need to be in Amsterdam north. There will be an option to go to Donny's studio. The description says the Bijlmer, so that is wrong and I've adjusted that for the next version.

Could you let me know if you have the option to go to Donny in Amsterdam north?

Thanks
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Bug Report

I was halfway through the Flowershop job when suddenly I got a Faoud random encounter.

edit:I got more than one
Hey someonenoone11,

That obviously shouldn't happen. Could you tell me if your Lizzy is already able to walk the streets or not? Is this her 1st job on a new game?

Bug Report

You feel very tired all of the sudden and you want to go home to get some sleep.
Should you walk back home, or take the bus? Or maybe go to a nearby toilet to 'freshen up'?

Nearby toilet is empty option
I can't recreate this bug. My toilets work fine. Which city part are you in?

Thanks
BurningSun

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes