3.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Immediately this game has a pretty annoying bug where so far every line of dialogue ends in a number. the number increases by one each line which means it's probably reading some part of the code to indicate what part of the dialogue sequence it is and also displaying it. It's a small thing but a couple months for a new version and they start with this. Shocked it was never caught
The game is released unpacked, the dialogue sequencing is visible, the loading system sucks-- sometimes when I load a game, it doesn't work completely. It might change something small, like switch me to the load's time, or it may do nothing at all. It also can cause a critical error and just crash.

This game is *really* buggy, and a lot of it just makes the game look kind of unprofessional or under-curated.

Reactions: cooldude33

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
well i think he made this game alone with the artist. maybe give him more time.
didn what a legend only 2 people too?
i think its because its not renpy.. renpy is good enough tbh

illusion977

Jul 29, 2018
I just saw that no update was done it's exactly the same version as in May ,
why did you put it back in the last update :unsure:

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
After playing through 0.5.3, these were the technical and bug-related issues I encountered.

Settings/Menu
  • audio sliders don't respond properly to mouse drag and mouse click
  • quicksaves don't seem to store in Save/Load folder therefore no option to load quicksave from menu
  • weird quickloads where the game loads to an event you never saved thus losing your old quicksave
In-game
  • Clicking bed automatically sends you a day ahead. Although the days of the week don't seem to have any consequence on the game atm, a prompt should be added once days do influence content.
  • If events are automatic when you step into said event's designated location, the time of day shouldn't advance after the event - this inhibits encountering other events set for that same time. Other options are to set the event on an item, such as a door, and/or place prompts for the player to choose the event within a location.
Text and Visuals
Tried to screenshot each bug encounter:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Goodluck dev (y)

Last edited:

Tearil

Mar 12, 2019
Can someone share a save (From this version or the last one, i lost mine)? Thanks in advance!

Arkie Rebel

Feb 16, 2018
0.5.3 unzips and when you start the game, it's still 0.5.2 and I'm not able to progress. I thought we already had a 0.5.2 hotfix. Is 0.5.3 not a true update?

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
The scenes look really good but the standing portrait arts look absolutely terrible. The mom is a whale and the sister has strange proportions, like her torso is too long.
:sick:
Agreed, although I wouldn't say "terrible"... just odd (for Tara/older sis' proportion) and unattractive (for Janice/milf, as I don't like chubby women) at worst.
Janice's waistline here doesn't match her standing portrait art. And this looks way more appealing and wonderfully drawn.
I hadn't seen those, yeah their legs look a bit too short.
I did some terrible photoshop on the sister to see what she'd look like with longer legs
edit: did some shooping on the mom too. This isn't meant to be a criticism on the original art, just something I like to waste time on.

This is a step up. Janice, the milf, could get slightly wider hips too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count_Chocula

ShirouryuuAkihito

Apr 18, 2018
So is 0.5.3 just a bugfix or is there any story or scene update? Yeah I read the changelog link as well but still confused.

Grimzy

Aug 5, 2016
So is 0.5.3 just a bugfix or is there any story or scene update? Yeah I read the changelog link as well but still confused.
Judging by the text docs containing dialogue there was an update - but when I checked the guide in game via your phone menu, it said I had reached the end of all the content. I wasn't able to trigger any further events. Hard to tell. Maybe art assets aren't in so it's backlogged for now.

• Sad
Reactions: ShirouryuuAkihito

ShirouryuuAkihito

Apr 18, 2018
Judging by the text docs containing dialogue there was an update - but when I checked the guide in game via your phone menu, it said I had reached the end of all the content. I wasn't able to trigger any further events. Hard to tell. Maybe art assets aren't in so it's backlogged for now.
Thnx bro!

Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
Agreed, although I wouldn't say "terrible"... just odd (for Tara/older sis' proportion) and unattractive (for Janice/milf, as I don't like chubby women) at worst.

Janice's waistline here doesn't match her standing portrait art. And this looks way more appealing and wonderfully drawn.

This is a step up. Janice, the milf, could get slightly wider hips too.
Yeah if the standing portrait of the mom matched that preview picture of her bent over, it would be so much better. Same if the sister looked like the edit you linked. It would be a completely different game with those changes. Ah well.

YLuffy94

Feb 19, 2018
Game runs really slow.. having lag from 4 - 8 seconds of lag from click to the action happening, Slow to change scenes..anyone able to help me find the problem?

Hiarashi

Jul 27, 2019
Interesting game engine choice, but lacks a way to save whenever we want, the locations and maps are cool, but the story is stereotypical and pretty lame. Tara is a pretty bad character with no reasoning behind it, why people always borrow the horrendous structure of a typical teen sitcom show? why add conflict just because? Why Are these families dysfunctional always?. Make a proper story goddammit. I know the summertime saga was really popular, so why not work on improving over that foundation, don't make just another bad copy.

PD: The art and animations are pretty good tho, as well as the overworld map I really like those.

Jun 21, 2020
I think there's one more bug, when there are choices given to either kiss or ask for panties and bras, I tried to choose 'kiss' but instead of that it just shows me the dialogue of 'bra', I tried it over again and this time I chose 'panties' but again it shows 'bra' dialogue, mind fixing it dev? I don't wanna be punched over and over again.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I think there's one more bug, when there are choices given to either kiss or ask for panties and bras, I tried to choose 'kiss' but instead of that it just shows me the dialogue of 'bra', I tried it over again and this time I chose 'panties' but again it shows 'bra' dialogue, mind fixing it dev? I don't wanna be punched over and over again.
The result is the same regardless of choice. The only difference is instead of starting with "Can I[p2].[p2]. have one of your bras?" the first line is "Can I[p2].[p2]. get a kiss for my efforts?"

The rest of the dialogue is identical.

dialogue can be found in: drive:\LifeInWoodchester_v0.5.3\dialogue\tara

Reactions: Sir Crocodile☠️

Hiarashi

Jul 27, 2019
The game engine has some issues as well, the game does not properly save the sound configuration starts with everything maxed out, also when you open the game and click on load it shows up on the save tab then you have to manually change to the load tab, this is bad UX, the save tab don't even should show on this screen if you are not on "gamestart=true".

zoe_meat

Aug 8, 2020
The scenes look really good but the standing portrait arts look absolutely terrible. The mom is a whale and the sister has strange proportions, like her torso is too long.
:sick:
You wanted Cest you got it the all unadulterated bit of it this is exactly what 99.9 of Moms look like you lucky Dev gave her a cute face cause in reality thats what your omitting to when your attracted to M.I.L.F's enjoy :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Jarul
3.40 star(s) 47 Votes