4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
NVM - FIXED IT
had to change the "}" to "]"

got an error so I restarted and... got the same error
LWM Error.jpg
so what do I have to change line 134 to that'll fix it?

DonStark

May 4, 2017
still nothing or it's me ? ... it gets a little boring, i'm going to test the next version but after that i think i'm going to wait some months

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I must say I wondered about that, like I said I hope it doesn't go south. And I did notice and wonder about the apartments outside. Someone's birthdays could come at once.
Another thought that occurred, I hope John isn't going to turn into some sort of tosser and take advantage of MCs naivety and crap people skills. Something just feels off for a client relationship. Maybe I'm just too bitter and cynical.

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
Great game, love the romance story, and the pacing. Not prevy, but perfect. But it does have some bugs in it. :D

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/day6.rpy", line 134, in script
    s "\" Hey, [player_name}!\""
Exception: String u'" Hey, [player_name}!"' ends with an open format operation.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "*:\****\LifewithMary-020-pc\LifewithMary-0.20-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "*:\****\LifewithMary-020-pc\LifewithMary-0.20-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "*:\****\LifewithMary-020-pc\LifewithMary-0.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "*:\****\LifewithMary-020-pc\LifewithMary-0.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "*:\****\LifewithMary-020-pc\LifewithMary-0.20-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 572, in _vformat
  File "*:\****\LifewithMary-020-pc\LifewithMary-0.20-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 157, in parse
    raise Exception("String {0!r} ends with an open format operation.".format(s))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Life with Mary 0.20
Mon Jun 25 00:03:17 2018

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
I must say I wondered about that, like I said I hope it doesn't go south. And I did notice and wonder about the apartments outside. Someone's birthdays could come at once.
Another thought that occurred, I hope John isn't going to turn into some sort of tosser and take advantage of MCs naivety and crap people skills. Something just feels off for a client relationship. Maybe I'm just too bitter and cynical.
man, I hope not, I named my MC john (like all my MC's) so I inmediatly took a liking to him, john and john, partners in whatever we do!

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
Great game, love the romance story, and the pacing. Not prevy, but perfect. But it does have some bugs in it. :D

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
all you have to do is read the posts on this page :)

Reactions: unevenrm

Jash52

Jul 28, 2017
Should use lossless webp. The dark scenes look really pixelated without it.

Or at least up the quality by a ton.

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Another great update @lifewithmary456 ,keep up the good work. I noticed that the MC really does seem to have a problem saying "i love you" to Mary, is that intentional or just writing mistake ?

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
wow, full 5 stars is very rarely, i guess i should check this game asap!

Davzen

Feb 18, 2018
Update seems little short but was fantastic IMO. Still, easily worth my support as I continually want "Moar"

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
When I started playing this, I used Mike as the MC's name, not realising it was already taken. So now I have a pink Mike and a blue Mike. And some interesting dialogue.

Reactions: m3lee

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Another great update @lifewithmary456 ,keep up the good work. I noticed that the MC really does seem to have a problem saying "i love you" to Mary, is that intentional or just writing mistake ?
He's conflicted - he thinks he's too old for her. That's the only 'taboo' thing in this game, so go with it.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
He's conflicted - he thinks he's too old for her. That's the only 'taboo' thing in this game, so go with it.
I think it's a bit of that, conflict that it's his best friend's daughter and his issues dealing with other humans.

Does anybody know when the next update is launching? Loving this game so far.
Really?? You checked the OP? You saw the last update was today?
If they keep on the same schedule as from May to June, the next update will probably be around the 25th July.

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes