n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
If I could make a humble suggestion for an easy slider/%box for bodytype pref. Like there is for races. I've tried to look into the one in the game, but it's half ancient greek, half heiroglyphs for a tech retard as me.
There is already such option in the "NPC Distribution" menu, but it can be intimidating, and it's behavior sometimes seem erratic (well, not really if you know the rules).
capture_001_26072019_022415.jpg

In the left hand side, you have entries like "female/athletic_F.lpcharacter: 0.0695". This controls the probability of the game uses the said preset when creating a new character, which for that specific entry in this case is 6.95% of the time. You could also see that there are entries that I have set to 0, which means the game won't select them, unless the event script specifically instruct it (there are several event which do this, notably those which incorporate strippers and working girls).

The entries corresponds to the files found at "LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\male\" and "female" folder.

Look at the bottom right, there's "Total Female" and "Total Male" entries. Both must be as closely as possible as 1. They are the sum of probabilities of all male and female presets.

The "quirk" of this menu is that if you add/remove a preset in the said folders. When you open the menu again, you'll found that all your settings will be reset to default. This can be annoying, if you have meticulously set the probabilities previously. But, taken from the dev stand point, it is easier and safer to code it that way, mitigating problems where entries doesn't have a corresponding preset file.

Any one has made sexy looking models, can u share it...?
Well, everybody have their own definition of what "sexy" is. Nevertheless, here's some presets I use.

In the "Presets" folder, are the actual *.lpcharacter files I hand edited to replace the default presets found in "LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\".

In the "Characters" folder, are some presets I hand edited for specific characters in my gameplay.

All presets assumes DAZ models, and won't work with legacy models. I still have the presets I hand edited for legacy models if anyone interested.

Last edited:

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
That's exactly why I have been very reluctant to mess with it. If something breaks, I'm too retarded to know how to fix it. And I'm not exactly sure which to mess with in the first place. I know most of the words, but I'm clueless when it comes to what shape rectangle is. Both 1 and 2. Which is why I asked for a simpler edit. Even just 2 buttons named "Skeletors" and "Landwhale" that set values more to one side. If noone will, it's fine too. I'll just keep sacrifizing the unworthy to Cthulu.

• Haha
Reactions: KeynesianEconomics

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
That's exactly why I have been very reluctant to mess with it. If something breaks, I'm too retarded to know how to fix it. And I'm not exactly sure which to mess with in the first place. I know most of the words, but I'm clueless when it comes to what shape rectangle is. Both 1 and 2. Which is why I asked for a simpler edit. Even just 2 buttons named "Skeletors" and "Landwhale" that set values more to one side. If noone will, it's fine too. I'll just keep sacrifizing the unworthy to Cthulu.
To see what each preset looks like, I usually starts a new game, then when the character editor shows up, I just load the presets one by one to know the general shape. The 1 and 2 presets are variation of a common theme, like rectangle1 & 2, both will have the underbust/waist/hips roughly the same width (rectangle or A or H bodyshape; you can google that term to see the outline), but slight variation between the two.

This is also how I hand tweaked the presets. Load a preset, tweak some morphs, save, edit the saved presets with text editor, and load the edited preset. Rinse and repeat.

After I'm done trying, I press "Alt+F4" to quit the game. Just wish there's a cancel button somewhere ...

To give a rough illustration of the body shapes:
  • Rectangle: Bust/Waist/Hips are roughly the same width
  • Pear: the hips is the widest, followed by the waist, then bust at the narrowest. Thick thighs is also a feature
  • Hourglass: the bust and hips are roughly the same width, with narrow waist
  • Triangle: The inverse of Pear, with the shoulder at it's widest, and the hips is the narrowest. This type also feature less body fat
  • Shapely: basically an Hourglass, with more fat. More popular name for it is Curvaceous
  • Vigorous: A variation of Shapely with a little more body fat
  • Stocky: Basically a Rectangle, with a combination of a little more body fat and muscles
  • Slender, Light, Underweight: Usually a Rectangle with lesser degree of body fat
  • Fashion Model: Like Slender, but taller/lankier
  • Athletic: Basically a Rectangle with a little muscles
  • Fitness Model: A Triangle with more muscles
  • BodyBuilder: a Triangle with extreme muscle mass
  • Common: various variation of Rectangle
From the illustration, the 4 basic shapes are Rectangle, Pear, Hourglass, and Triangle. If there would be a simplified interface for body shape distribution, I would suggest 4 sliders for each 4 basic shapes, along with 2 more sliders for muscle mass and body fat, respectively. Personally, I like it the way it is, but YMMV.

Last edited:

cavjustica

Nov 3, 2018
not sure, try run the game windowed (Alt + Enter) and then see if you can resize the window

I can't respond to every single post btw - I never have, the game is only a part-time commitment, at least for now, and finding enough hours per week to dedicate to game development is already hard enough
Alright, wasted some bandwith trying again... and same bug is still there, when my monitor is 4:3 the game insists in being 4:3, I can't resize the window to be "widescreen-shape", it stays 4:3 no matter what.

Changing "resolution" just make game blurry.

As such... the UI (notoriously, the modules screen) insist in rendering outside the screen, making impossible to play the game :(

Strongwood

Nov 9, 2017
n1ck,

What map is that you are playing on in your screenshot?

There is already such option in the "NPC Distribution" menu, but it can be intimidating, and it's behavior sometimes seem erratic (well, not really if you know the rules).
View attachment 354733

In the left hand side, you have entries like "female/athletic_F.lpcharacter: 0.0695". This controls the probability of the game uses the said preset when creating a new character, which for that specific entry in this case is 6.95% of the time. You could also see that there are entries that I have set to 0, which means the game won't select them, unless the event script specifically instruct it (there are several event which do this, notably those which incorporate strippers and working girls).

The entries corresponds to the files found at "LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\male\" and "female" folder.

Look at the bottom right, there's "Total Female" and "Total Male" entries. Both must be as closely as possible as 1. They are the sum of probabilities of all male and female presets.

The "quirk" of this menu is that if you add/remove a preset in the said folders. When you open the menu again, you'll found that all your settings will be reset to default. This can be annoying, if you have meticulously set the probabilities previously. But, taken from the dev stand point, it is easier and safer to code it that way, mitigating problems where entries doesn't have a corresponding preset file.

Well, everybody have their own definition of what "sexy" is. Nevertheless, here's some presets I use.

In the "Presets" folder, are the actual *.lpcharacter files I hand edited to replace the default presets found in "LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\".

In the "Characters" folder, are some presets I hand edited for specific characters in my gameplay.

All presets assumes DAZ models, and won't work with legacy models. I still have the presets I hand edited for legacy models if anyone interested.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Vinfamy Speaking of chastity, how complicated would long-term chastity (cages/belts) be to implement?

I imagine integration into actual sex scenes might be tricky, but events themselves might be easily handled - or at least easily hooked into for 3rd-party variants

MaxiMu

Jan 12, 2018
Sorry for my bad english

but i suggest:

change Command_Functions:

dress(optional_item) --> dress(optional_item1, optional_item2, ... ,optional_itemN) - (regardless of gender)
changeSex() --> changeSex(optional_sex) --> m:male, f:female, t:trans
!!!! --> keep user changes ( (Body-)Hair-Color, Penis-Size, Nipple-... )

missing Command_Functions:

inventarAddClothes(name||group, optional_stats) - (regardless of gender)
changeBody(part, relative)
sexScene(scene_name)
setSexSceneRol(sexRol) --> s:sumbmissive, d:dominant

It's my suggest hardcodet?
I mean, it's necessary for femdom, sissy, ..., ... - content!!!

or it's your intention: I'm super-mega-giga-hero - womens are only for spreading legs and becoming pregnant?
That's for 16year boys - but never for patreons...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Sorry for my bad english

but i suggest:

change Command_Functions:

dress(optional_item) --> dress(optional_item1, optional_item2, ... ,optional_itemN) - (regardless of gender)
changeSex() --> changeSex(optional_sex) --> m:male, f:female, t:trans
!!!! --> keep user changes ( (Body-)Hair-Color, Penis-Size, Nipple-... )

missing Command_Functions:

inventarAddClothes(name||group, optional_stats) - (regardless of gender)
changeBody(part, relative)
sexScene(scene_name)
setSexSceneRol(sexRol) --> s:sumbmissive, d:dominant

It's my suggest hardcodet?
I mean, it's necessary for femdom, sissy, ..., ... - content!!!

or it's your intention: I'm super-mega-giga-hero - womens are only for spreading legs and becoming pregnant?
That's for 16year boys - but never for patreons...
Can you also specify exactly what each function does, especially in the missing Command_Functions category.

jamespark2132

Jan 17, 2018
I'm having a bug (?) where character cannot buy any clothing, and doesn't start with any clothing on new game either. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Tavern

May 16, 2019
This is pretty cool so far.
I have two suggestions that wold make it so much more player friendly.

Offset or eliminate to pop-up that says "Left click to interact with this specific building, right click for generic actions" It is in the way and obscures what building you are interacting with.

Consider a way to sort and break up the long long list of options in the action scenes. All the gear and clothing options are neat, but once they are selected they make for too much scrolling and filtering making it something of a chore to find the action you want. Perhaps a two-step menu with broad and finer categories or static buttons off to the side for clothing and gear.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'm having a bug (?) where character cannot buy any clothing, and doesn't start with any clothing on new game either. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?
Delete the C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved folder then open the game > New Game

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Could that fix the "Frat for life" issue too?
yes, it will basically restore the game to default state so will fix most issues out there
It will also delete your save games though. To remove the frat thing, I suspect just deleting the C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved \SaveGames\{CityYouUsed}.sav should be enough

Reactions: Humlebien

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

After dogs were introduced back in January, the upcoming version will introduce the second animal to the game: horses! Here are the plans in more detail:
- Add horses to the game, with customizable coat colors and patterns
- Some scenes about being a horse owner
- Bestiality animations and scenes to trigger them for those that play with the Bestiality module enabled
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period
Estimated Release Date: 3 August for the final 2.5 releases, with a release candidate for public beta testing published 36-48 hours in advance

spaceenwalker

May 1, 2017
Hello Vinfamy,
this game is a pleasure :). A donate is certainly appropriate here.

I tried to arrange a family for three generations, that works without problems but very labour intensive. Is there a way to edit this (text)? I had already searched in the savefile .. well, because I could not find anything, too complicated for me.

(incidentally, LifePlay set_relationship (Lostlegends) overrides the setting of vin_Incest at mother with wife, if I take that option, just testing with a different loading sequence in setup, we'll see .... :) May i suggest different threads for the mods?)

Sorry for my bad anglisch ;)

Reactions: Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Hello Vinfamy,

I tried to arrange a family for three generations, that works without problems but very labour intensive. Is there a way to edit this (text)? I had already searched in the savefile .. well, because I could not find anything, too complicated for me.

(incidentally, LifePlay set_relationship (Lostlegends) overrides the setting of vin_Incest at mother with wife, if I take that option, just testing with a different loading sequence in setup, we'll see .... :) May i suggest different threads for the mods?)

Trying to setup 3 generation family is complex. I tried to write an algorithm for 2 generation and it became exponentially complex very fast, even with the game's limited relative types (i.e. it currently not support uncle/nephew relationship).

The best scenario is to write a script to match your particular need yourself. The docs/wiki can guide you, and if you have any trouble, post away, or PM me if you like.

I'd suggest, for future reference, to put any modification to the original mods in a separate mod, and leaving the original pristine. The only thing that requires editing the original is the presets (*.lpcharacter files). The game has good support for overriding, and it's upgrade friendly.

Last edited:

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

After dogs were introduced back in January, the upcoming version will introduce the second animal to the game: horses! Here are the plans in more detail:
- Add horses to the game, with customizable coat colors and patterns
- Some scenes about being a horse owner
- Bestiality animations and scenes to trigger them for those that play with the Bestiality module enabled
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period
Estimated Release Date: 3 August for the final 2.5 releases, with a release candidate for public beta testing published 36-48 hours in advance
Will it include the newly proposed APIs and the doctor/nurse (setJob() & getSpecific API) bugfix?

Last edited:

Aribeth

Feb 19, 2017
Hello. Do you have plans to develop game more "storywise"?
I would really enjoy if there would be more events on map and if they would matter more. I got like 4 raises in 2 months xD It just looks like bunch of not connected events that are on the loop and just repeat randomly.
Also any plans connected with NPC? Now they are like puppies. Follow PC everywhere and have 0 "initiative" (I know they can offer sex in dark alley) but I wanted to ask about something more "deep".

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hello Vinfamy,

Thank you for your support :)
Not sure why three-generation family would be too complicated - you can just click 'Add Relative' a few times, then click on the relationship type text next to their names to change their relationships to you.
If you meant NPC-NPC family relationships not related to the player, these are still quite under-developed tbh with a lot of flawed logic.
I also prefer mods to be posted as separate threads in the Mods section on f95 or on separate download pages on LoversLab - easier to keep track of them and their updates, also a bit of promoting for the game itself :p. But in the end, it's up to the mod authors where they want to post it

Hello. Do you have plans to develop game more "storywise"?
I would really enjoy if there would be more events on map and if they would matter more. I got like 4 raises in 2 months xD It just looks like bunch of not connected events that are on the loop and just repeat randomly.
Also any plans connected with NPC? Now they are like puppies. Follow PC everywhere and have 0 "initiative" (I know they can offer sex in dark alley) but I wanted to ask about something more "deep".
I do want more coherent stories (a system of event series perhaps rather than just single independent events) and some AI etc but visuals have been a priority lately so haven't found time for these yet

n1ck: I'll try to. The horse stuff is taking a lot of time though so not entirely I'll be able to fit those in this version. If not, then the next.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes