• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Here are some preview screenshots of some of the hairstyles + facial and body hairstyles that will be available in the next version. The new hairstyles are customizable with morphs just like the other Daz hair assets, while thickness and color options are available as usual for facial and body hairs.
beta5sneakpeek.jpg

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
There's a weird bug when editing character via normal or cheat, the interest gender menu is gone. So the character would be asexual.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
There's a weird bug when editing character via normal or cheat, the interest gender menu is gone. So the character would be asexual.
how often does this happen for you? Just randomly with certain NPCs or all the time.
Any consistent way to reproduce this bug?

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
how often does this happen for you? Just randomly with certain NPCs or all the time.
Any consistent way to reproduce this bug?
When 1st launching & start/loading the game, if you want to edit any characters, it's fine, it's still there. But after playing for a while, or if you changing city midway your gameplay, then it will be gone when you editing an NPC or creating/adding new NPC. I've tested it three times and it's 100% success reproduce this bug and not that hard. It's like, it will be happening.

PC : W7 Ultimate, i7-3770, Gtx 1050ti, 16gb mem. I don't think my PC have problem loading the game, so bug might be coding related.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
When 1st launching & start/loading the game, if you want to edit any characters, it's fine, it's still there. But after playing for a while, or if you changing city midway your gameplay, then it will be gone when you editing an NPC or creating/adding new NPC. I've tested it three times and it's 100% success reproduce this bug and not that hard. It's like, it will be happening.

PC : W7 Ultimate, i7-3770, Gtx 1050ti, 16gb mem. I don't think my PC have problem loading the game, so bug might be coding related.
Would you mind taking a screenshot of this bug? Still couldn't reproduce it on my copy of the game.
Does the whole 'Personal' section of the character creation menu disappear or just the three 'Interested In' lines (i.e. First Name and Last Name still there)?

nashorn95z

Jan 26, 2019
While I don't know of one existing, this is a very good idea to implement, creating an archive of user generated presets.
yes it would be interesting to see what people create because the creator makes very different character possible

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
I downloaded the latest version but when I try to open the game I keep getting the message that AppleARKit failed to load because I don't have it on my computer but I don't even have an Apple computer. I tried installing it again but got the same message again. I don't know what I can do to fix this.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I downloaded the latest version but when I try to open the game I keep getting the message that AppleARKit failed to load because I don't have it on my computer but I don't even have an Apple computer. I tried installing it again but got the same message again. I don't know what I can do to fix this.
Must be an Unreal Engine bug that detects your PC as a mobile / AR device for some reason. The game itself doesn't use or need any AR / Apple stuffs at all.
Might be worth:
- making sure in Nvidia / AMD Control Panel that the game is set to use your dedicated graphic card and not the built-in laptop one
- trying the 32-bit version if you were trying the 64 bit version before.
- Update DirectX / your graphic card driver /
Aside from these, there's not much I can suggest I'm afraid.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Would you mind taking a screenshot of this bug? Still couldn't reproduce it on my copy of the game.
Does the whole 'Personal' section of the character creation menu disappear or just the three 'Interested In' lines (i.e. First Name and Last Name still there)?
The string text of "interested in Men, Women, Futa" still there, but the check box is missing.

Reactions: Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
The string text of "interested in Men, Women, Futa" still there, but the check box is missing.
Maybe unrelated, but some background, like bedroom, can make the checkboxes very hard to see. It's there, but because the background color and the checkboxes are the same it seemed to disappear.

Suggestion:
  1. Create a transparent black layer in front of the background but under the controls so the controls are easier to see.
  2. Make the background of the character editor consistent, namely a gradient of some dark color, not just grab whatever background the scene last displayed. Making the background of the editor a scene background / photograph distracts user. A monotone background with darker color focuses on the user on the task at hand (i.e. editing the character shape). This is just how human eyes work. Look at DAZ studio, Poser, or even S*xV??la character editor background. The more complex the task, the more the background is attenuated.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
@Vinfamy
Was just playing around making a few mods, everything seems obvious enough apart from one command I am struggling to get working! "ID = Actor.GetID;MySpecialNPC.SetGlobal(ID)" Are the globals working? and do they save? if so where? because I am having zero luck in saving and recalling an npc.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Maybe unrelated, but some background, like bedroom, can make the checkboxes very hard to see. It's there, but because the background color and the checkboxes are the same it seemed to disappear.
No it's not. If your character have already interest in some gender, there will be already a grey box with checked in black. When the bug happen, it's not there. I already test it before. Try to sweeping clicking but no avail. Also like I said above, if just launching the game, anywhere background, whitest or greyest or blackest ... the check box are easily noticeable. Only after a while, then it's missing.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@Vinfamy
Was just playing around making a few mods, everything seems obvious enough apart from one command I am struggling to get working! "ID = Actor.GetID;MySpecialNPC.SetGlobal(ID)" Are the globals working? and do they save? if so where? because I am having zero luck in saving and recalling an npc.
ID = Actor.getID()
MySpecialNPC.SetGlobal(ID)

Later on ...
ActorID = MySpecialNPC.getGlobal()
Actor = getSpecific(ActorID)

This method might not work with relatives.
Depending on your needs, PassOn() and FollowUp() might be a better method. (Example of this is in the check_on_my_family scene)

Reactions: Canto Forte

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
@Vinfamy
Last I checked it's working, and it's incorporated in the save.

The problem with your code is:
Code:
// Your code
ID = Actor.GetID; MySpecialNPC.SetGlobal(ID)

//Amended code
ID = Actor.GetID()
MySpecialNPC.SetGlobal(ID)
The problem seems that you forgot the parentheses after GetID. The engine might interpret that as a variable rather than a method call.

See these files for more global IDs in action:
LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\otherwork\sugarbabe.lpscene
LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\otherwork\sugardaddy.lpscene

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Thanks both, should have caught that, but it was 2am.
\Docs\Modding\FullGuides\Writing_Scenes.txt
does just list it as "ID = ActorVar.GetID" where as 2 lines above its "getID()"

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ok that worked fine "missing parentheses", but you may be give me a little more help. I am working on sending the game a little more down the dark side ;). Making a modable dungeon, kidnap, ransom, dirty deeds etc, and most is quite easy, and done. However one problem remains, Stopping victims appearing in other scenes. I could zero out attraction , rapport and contact, but what i really need is a way of stopping other scenes entirely. The last resort would be to save the npc, remove from the game, and later add them back, but that would effect family details etc and seems like overkill. Any ideas or thoughts?
Thanks.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Can you not just make the markers to link random scenes together?
Just do a play through ... zero in on the darker scenes that happen naturally in the game, open the console, get their id's and just link them up in a mod ... like this:
exposition ... go hunting for your prey ... choose the approach->Freddy krugger, hanni bal lec tor, ted bundy - and have the trigger once the intimacy begins - scenes play in succession as you have linked them and..Ta Daa!
P.S. - > this is just the watch all cutscenes approach to the endeavor you described...

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
@Canto I have already modified or made quite a few scenes. A new version of "Invade a home" to "Invade someones Home" that allows the scene to activate on a chosen npc, rather than a temp one. When some scenes end, you get the option to kidnap the npc. There is a dungeon setup you can build within your house, with multiple rooms that then allows you to imprison people. After which you can keep and play with them or just ransom them back. So you can invade your bosses home (or anyone), kidnap them, put them in a dungeon, play with them and ransom them back to there family. However the problem is if your at work and a diffrent scene triggers with your boss in it, It's going to be a little strange!

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes