byran47

Jun 8, 2017
Fix the wonky animations and differences between peoples sizes and heights so that dicks aren't fucking eyes instead of mouths and stomachs instead of vaginas and this game will be pretty amazing. Overall though this game has come a long way, goodjob.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Heh. I was going to ask if there was a viable way to make shorter characters, as I was running into all sorts of trouble creating one, but I'm guessing from the framework and how animations display this may not actually be possible (yet).

Either the models will have to stretch, or the bodies levitate, or there be a completely different set of animations for smaller folk, and even *then* it's likely there won't be all that much variation beyond the set amount before the visuals get odd quick.

Still, I imagine upgrading the visuals to this point has been a hell of a lot of effort. Kudos are very much deserved.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
@Huntarr @Shilou @Lostlegends @Xqwzts @devi1254
Could someone who experiences the crash/ freeze issues with 2.0 try this hotfix and confirm whether it's working?
Thank you! :)
It fixed the New Game issue I was having while trying to use a different map. Will try to see if the other issues that were reported were fixed! Thanks @Vinfamy!

EDIT: Arrange a viewing and adding a relative no longer cause a crash!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
2.0 FREEZE FIX FOR NON-LONDON USERS:
-
(Apply this patch also if you're planning to play with a map other than the default Central London. The new recommended actions feature seems to cause freezes with some optional maps - I'll work on this compatibility issue in v2.1. This patch will simply remove this new feature for now so that you can play with your non-London map. If you're just using the default Central London map, you should be fine using the recommended actions feature and not having to apply this patch.)

@Shilou: Thank you for your help. A couple others have confirmed this too.
@All: This is quite embarassing for me, with the version being called Stable and all (although thankfully, it doesn't seem an issue with the default map, which is still what majority of people use). :( My apologies. At least with this and the fairly recent fatal crash that also required a hotfix back in 2 Beta 3, I realize now that the game has reached a point of complexity that a 1-person 1-pc beta testing team (i.e. me) isn't good enough anymore. I'll make some announcements about assembling a volunteer group of beta testers in a couple days' time

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
2.0 FREEZE FIX FOR NON-LONDON USERS:
-
(Apply this patch also if you're planning to play with a map other than the default Central London. The new recommended actions feature seems to cause freezes with some optional maps - I'll work on this compatibility issue in v2.1. This patch will simply remove this new feature for now so that you can play with your non-London map. If you're just using the default Central London map, you should be fine using the recommended actions feature and not having to apply this patch.)

@Shilou: Thank you for your help. A couple others have confirmed this too.
@All: This is quite embarassing for me, with the version being called Stable and all (although thankfully, it doesn't seem an issue with the default map, which is still what majority of people use). :( My apologies. At least with this and the fairly recent fatal crash back in 2 Beta 3, I realize now that the game has reached a point of complexity that a 1-person 1-pc beta testing team (i.e. me) isn't good enough anymore. I'll make some announcements about assembling a volunteer group of beta testers in a couple days' time
No worries it happens we are all humans after all. At least you owned up to it and didn't try to find some excuse for it. Also, love the answer of beta testers, I feel that would help you tremendously to catch things before a release. Great work! :giggle:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Applied the hotfix. Still receiving fatal error crashes. 64 bit version.
Hmm, is this at startup or during a scene / when trying to trigger a scene (i.e. while an action's progress bar is midway)?
fatal error crashes should be unrelated to the map freeze that hotfix fixes
As a test, try delete (keep it in your recycle bin so you can restore it later) the LifePlay\Content\Heavy\Daz\Clothes folder to see if that solves the crashes (Everyone will be naked mind you).
If deleting the folder fixes it, then your pc simply ran out of memory while loading the clothes (Daz clothes are quite a bit heavier on the system than the old clothes), at least we know why

Gyzee58

Dec 22, 2018
I deleted the Clothes folder, loaded save, and the game crashed again - fatal error.
Some background: I started a new game with 2.0. Played for a couple of hours just fine (because you've made a great game btw :), then it crashed. It crashed a few more times on different actions.
Since the hotfix it has crashed on the same action 3 times: model shoot option pops up, i accept and begin the shoot then the game crashes.
I tried it again, avoiding modeling shoots, and the game continued without crashes; however, I had to exit because the pop up menus for buildings would not appear.

Editing for clarity: I was able to play the game normally for 5-10 min before menus stopped appearing.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I deleted the Clothes folder, loaded save, and the game crashed again - fatal error.
Some background: I started a new game with 2.0. Played for a couple of hours just fine (because you've made a great game btw :), then it crashed. It crashed a few more times on different actions.
Since the hotfix it has crashed on the same action 3 times: model shoot option pops up, i accept and begin the shoot then the game crashes.
I tried it again, avoiding modeling shoots, and the game continued without crashes; however, I had to exit because the pop up menus for buildings would not appear.

Editing for clarity: I was able to play the game normally for 5-10 min before menus stopped appearing.
hmm, so it's that specific modelling shoot scene that's the problem. Thank you, I'll look into it. Avoid being a model for now (Ctrl + T > change modelfame to 0 should avoid that entirely)
If you have UI issues like popup menus not showing up, usually Esc > Resume should reset the UI to the default state and fix most of these issues. You shouldn't need to exit the game

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
awesome.
this game has really advanced a lot.
the progression rate is 300% compared to similar games i've seen where they just spam incremental updates that don't do anything.
Props to the dev

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Havent tried hotfix yet, will in a few. But clearing out "AppData\Local\LifePlay" help clear up some of my in game weirdness.

Ok Tested and working fine, and seems to be running better than previous versions(building Icons appearing sooner etc). Whilst on the "recommended actions" feature, can we have a way of turning it off? Not something I would use and just distracting and takes up screen space, also an option too turn of "mini games" (sneak) would be nice!

Last edited:

Mack Truck

Jul 22, 2017
Could someone who experiences the crash/ freeze issues with 2.0 try this hotfix and confirm whether it's working?
@Vinfamy

Thanks, Yes that hotfix did correct the issue.(y) So it was using the non default map. Thank you for your quick response and troubleshooting. No need to apologize, we all now this is still a work in progress and appreciate your dedication.

Reactions: Vinfamy

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
Gme keeps cashing when starting an selecting new game. I get told my Nvidia driver isn't compatible and to update it. i contacted Nvidia and my laptop has the latest driver for it. So nothing to update.

I'm using a laptop with Windows 7-32 bit with a GeForce 9300M GS graphics card

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Gme keeps cashing when starting an selecting new game. I get told my Nvidia driver isn't compatible and to update it. i contacted Nvidia and my laptop has the latest driver for it. So nothing to update.

I'm using a laptop with Windows 7-32 bit with a GeForce 9300M GS graphics card
Make sure in Nvidia Control Panel (right click on your desktop > Nvidia CP), the game is specified to use the correct card and not any built-in one with your laptop
Also, try install the hotfix in the OP

Reactions: Canto Forte

Rakger

May 25, 2017

DOWNLOAD
Windows (64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux: -

Update Only:
(not available for 2.0 Stable because with the graphic overhaul, the update only downloads have become too large and thus pointless. They will return in v2.1 onwards at much smaller size)

Change Log:
This update wraps up the graphical overhaul the game underwent over the last 5 updates + make some improvements in term of user-friendliness and finally bring 2.0 out of beta:
- New 'Recommended Actions' feature for those who prefer a bit of hand-holding, or simply can't be bothered to micro-manage your character's life (if you're super lazy, just keep pressing R after each action to go for the next recommendation)
- Hairstyles and facial & body hairstyles for the new male model
- Clothes for the new male model
- Each morph slider now also come with a box where you can enter a specific value outside of the usual 0.0 - 1.0 range to really fine-tune your character. Do so wth caution though as anything outside the normal range might deform the character.
- Some UI & control improvements, tooltips and other tweaks to make the game more user-friendly. People without a middle mouse button can now control the camera fine.
- Split the assets for the old 'Legacy' character models into an optional download, so that everyone doesn't have to download hundreds of mb for an optional setting that's disabled by default
- Bug fixes, performance optimizations and crash preventions
There are no 'Update Only' downloads for 2.0 Stable (they would have been way too huge to be useful anyway), only the full downloads, because the base requirement for future 'Update Only' downloads is now reset to 2.0 Stable (just like it did back in v1.10) so that the 'Update Only' download packages for 2.1, 2.2, etc will stay under 100 mb or so.

DOWNLOAD
Windows (64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux: -

Update Only:
(not available for 2.0 Stable because with the graphic overhaul, the update only downloads have become too large and thus pointless. They will return in v2.1 onwards at much smaller size)

Change Log:
This update wraps up the graphical overhaul the game underwent over the last 5 updates + make some improvements in term of user-friendliness and finally bring 2.0 out of beta:
- New 'Recommended Actions' feature for those who prefer a bit of hand-holding, or simply can't be bothered to micro-manage your character's life (if you're super lazy, just keep pressing R after each action to go for the next recommendation)
- Hairstyles and facial & body hairstyles for the new male model
- Clothes for the new male model
- Each morph slider now also come with a box where you can enter a specific value outside of the usual 0.0 - 1.0 range to really fine-tune your character. Do so wth caution though as anything outside the normal range might deform the character.
- Some UI & control improvements, tooltips and other tweaks to make the game more user-friendly. People without a middle mouse button can now control the camera fine.
- Split the assets for the old 'Legacy' character models into an optional download, so that everyone doesn't have to download hundreds of mb for an optional setting that's disabled by default
- Bug fixes, performance optimizations and crash preventions
There are no 'Update Only' downloads for 2.0 Stable (they would have been way too huge to be useful anyway), only the full downloads, because the base requirement for future 'Update Only' downloads is now reset to 2.0 Stable (just like it did back in v1.10) so that the 'Update Only' download packages for 2.1, 2.2, etc will stay under 100 mb or
Tried it and NOPE. I managed to get out of selecting city and the actual start but then...the blue screen of death. But never the same error message also the saves don't work and the clothing inventory is never the same. After 1 day of trying I will wait for v2.0x as well. sorry the game was great up until this update and not being a software engineer I'll wait til you can fiqure it out. You're a great modder.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes