Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 310045

Anybody knows how to fix this?
I just downloaded the latest version but i can't open the game because this pops up
You're most likely missing C++ Redistributable. Download and install it for free here:
It's a recommended thing to install anyway - virtually all Unreal Engine games require it

Reactions: Canto Forte

clementchoy

Aug 11, 2017
@Vinfamy i am using the 64bit version and seems to have random crashes, i had 2.0 beta 4 having no problem but only this new version, i will download and try 32bit instead now , will update you soon.
i am using central london map , shouldnt be an hotfix issues.

i suggested to implement autosave , let player to enbale or disable it , so we wont get to a long way and crashes into nothing.

additional quesion/ bug? :
1. when you propose another girl to be your girl friend , your current girl friend will be aquintence again with the MOD enabled, is that something i did wrong?
2. is there a way to make a harem , have a few gf and make them into MFFF since you already have the MFFF scenes ready. or the other way around MMMF.

still you did a great great job and i enjoyed so much of your game , good job man!

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@Vinfamy i am using the 64bit version and seems to have random crashes, i had 2.0 beta 4 having no problem but only this new version, i will download and try 32bit instead now , will update you soon.
i am using central london map , shouldnt be an hotfix issues.

i suggested to implement autosave , let player to enbale or disable it , so we wont get to a long way and crashes into nothing.

additional quesion/ bug? :
1. when you propose another girl to be your girl friend , your current girl friend will be aquintence again with the MOD enabled, is that something i did wrong?
2. is there a way to make a harem , have a few gf and make them into MFFF since you already have the MFFF scenes ready. or the other way around MMMF.

still you did a great great job and i enjoyed so much of your game , good job man!
You can click on the acquaintance text and change her to be your gf again. You can quickly assemble your harem that way, then go home > right click > propse sex to my partner and you can choose to have a reverse gangbang with them
I think @n1ck mentioned assembling a harem himself in the game at some point so it should be entirely possible.
About the crashes, as a test, try delete your LifePlay\Content\Heavy\Daz\Clothes folder (keep it in your recycle bin so that you can restore it later) and start the game again and play it to see if the fatal crashes go away
everyone will be naked if that folder is gone, but that way if the crashes go away, we would know the cause

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
This is what happened by default if you're doing it without having an open relationship. After you unlocked open relationship, you can propose to any girl you want while retaining your current GF.

I originally make some edits to "propose sex to partner" action to support say MFFF with all your GF/Spouse, but @vinafmy already incorporate those capabilities as of v??? (I forgot which version this is became a feature :p).

The caveat with open relationship is while it is conceivable you got multiple GF, as soon as you marry one of them, all of them will become you wife.

I haven't done much testing, but I'm under the impression that as soon as you unlock open relationship, all your lovers/affairs status is reset.

hanswon

Mar 16, 2019
This is what happened by default if you're doing it without having an open relationship. After you unlocked open relationship, you can propose to any girl you want while retaining your current GF.
Better ask this before I try it: How do you unlock open relationship?

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Gotta say, these new models are fuckin' gorgeous. The new clothes are fantastic too, there's actually a reason to customize your outfit now!
True, also more clothes would be awesome
I don't know how far the users can do this but I imagine it will mostly falls upon the users to provide most of the clothes in the future at some point. I imagine there would be have to be some documentations, in the future if that has not been published yet, on how to import clothing models into the game and how to make it work there.

All the more reasons I think one of us ought to set up and run a wiki for this game to provide the documentation for all of these aspects including 3D modeling and programming. The user-created content can include models, textures, sounds, scripts, and so on. The sky is the only limit here.

At least this way, Vinfamy can focus more on the programming side of this game and not have to worry about the content. We already have a few mods published by the users including the one for "webcam stream" which you can find download link for in the LifePlay's official Discord server.

Reactions: AnonF21

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
a got a fatal error when i did look for a shoot in sex work
hmm someone else got the error when doing a model shoot. These scenes are coded quite similarly, must be something common about them that causes the crash. Thank you, at least now I can narrow it down.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
2.0 FREEZE FIX FOR NON-LONDON USERS:
-
(Apply this patch also if you're planning to play with a map other than the default Central London. The new recommended actions feature seems to cause freezes with some optional maps - I'll work on this compatibility issue in v2.1. This patch will simply remove this new feature for now so that you can play with your non-London map. If you're just using the default Central London map, you should be fine using the recommended actions feature and not having to apply this patch.)

@Shilou: Thank you for your help. A couple others have confirmed this too.
@All: This is quite embarassing for me, with the version being called Stable and all (although thankfully, it doesn't seem an issue with the default map, which is still what majority of people use). :( My apologies. At least with this and the fairly recent fatal crash that also required a hotfix back in 2 Beta 3, I realize now that the game has reached a point of complexity that a 1-person 1-pc beta testing team (i.e. me) isn't good enough anymore. I'll make some announcements about assembling a volunteer group of beta testers in a couple days' time
I just want to take a moment to point out that this has been a trial-and-error experience for all of us. We are slowly learning from our experience, for both the users and Vinfamy. No worries there.

As with the respect to Stable, I suggest designating Release Candidate instead for future versions before finally settling on Stable when all reported issues for that particular version has been resolved. This suggestion based on the software life cycle outlined in a .

Reactions: Vinfamy

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
I'm liking a lot of the changes in 2.0, well done! (y)

I especially like the buttons below the sex scene menu.

A couple things:

If you have the game paused and you move the mouse over the new hints and then move the mouse off of it, the game unpauses.

Action filters have changed so they now only search at the start of a word. E.G. to find 'Sleep' you now have to type in 'SL', where before you could type in 'ee'. To find 'Take Supplements' can type 'Ta' or 'Su' but 'pp' won't work. I much preferred the old way since I could do a lot of searches without having to move my hand off the mouse.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Action filters have changed so they now only search at the start of a word. E.G. to find 'Sleep' you now have to type in 'SL', where before you could type in 'ee'. To find 'Take Supplements' can type 'Ta' or 'Su' but 'pp' won't work. I much preferred the old way since I could do a lot of searches without having to move my hand off the mouse.
Hmm, I changed this as a few people were complaining that it takes typing too many characters to filter down to what they want. :p Maybe I'll add a Esc > Setting option for this so that people can decide which one they prefer.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Better ask this before I try it: How do you unlock open relationship?
Get your current GF to at least 20 attraction to you, and at least 50 perversion (higher is better). Then go on a date with her. The scene for starting open relationship will randomly fire. For more info (spoiler warning), check this scene file:

LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\dating\open_relationship.lpscene

PS: You can also force call the scene using the console while you're dating the GF

Reactions: hanswon

clementchoy

Aug 11, 2017
You can click on the acquaintance text and change her to be your gf again. You can quickly assemble your harem that way, then go home > right click > propse sex to my partner and you can choose to have a reverse gangbang with them
I think @n1ck mentioned assembling a harem himself in the game at some point so it should be entirely possible.
About the crashes, as a test, try delete your LifePlay\Content\Heavy\Daz\Clothes folder (keep it in your recycle bin so that you can restore it later) and start the game again and play it to see if the fatal crashes go away
everyone will be naked if that folder is gone, but that way if the crashes go away, we would know the cause
@Vinfamy , thanks a lot for the replies , i will try the harem and will try the clothing method , but i suspected the "recommended" functions are actually giving errors, i will try to turn it off too.

edited : oh and 1 more thing, your company staff that became your girlfriend automatic removed from being an employee. maybe adding another status to the character can be more intresting? eg :staff as wife , mom as gf, workmate as wife , aunt as gf etc.

I originally make some edits to "propose sex to partner" action to support say MFFF with all your GF/Spouse, but @vinafmy already incorporate those capabilities as of v??? (I forgot which version this is became a feature :p).

The caveat with open relationship is while it is conceivable you got multiple GF, as soon as you marry one of them, all of them will become you wife.

I haven't done much testing, but I'm under the impression that as soon as you unlock open relationship, all your lovers/affairs status is reset.
@n1ck thank man , now i can build my harem with my families members and my staff and my gf and etc XD

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I forget but can't you change the character you're playing as in a game? Like swapping the main character for an NPC you've met momentarily?
Sort of. Go to Contacts menu (hotkey P) > find the character you want to be > edit appearance > save preset somewhere (the default location should be fine), including stats (top-left corner of your screen) > Confirm.
Now Ctrl + E to edit your own character, Load Preset > load the save you just madde

• Thinking Face

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

After some recent releases that required hotfixes, I realize that the game has reached a level of complexity that it is no longer good enough for just me to test the game myself on my one PC before each release anymore. Therefore, all the future versions will go through a public beta testing period before official release, as follows:
- 36 to 72 hours before an update's planned release (so if the ETA is a Saturday, the beta would drop on Wed/Thur/Fri), I will post a beta version for it publicly on Discord, Patreon, LoversLab and F95.
- The file posted for beta testing will always be a 64-bit Update Only (i.e. requiring LP 2.0 64-bit or later) uploaded to Mega.nz only . This file should be less than 200 mb for the foreseeable future, allowing for quick uploading by me and quick downloading by the beta testers
- Everyone is welcome to help beta-test the game on any of the four channels above. No previous experience / technical knowledge is required - it's simply playing the game and reporting any bugs you encounter. As different people have different character builds / play styles / PC specs / optional maps they use, the more people test the game, the more likely the bugs and crashes are to be detected before the final releases.
- My preferred place to receive beta-testing feedbacks is the 'beta-testing' channel on the game's Discord server ( ), simply because Discord allows for quick communications back and forth - easier to get to the bottom of the issue that way.
- If you intend to help beta-test the game via Discord, you can let me know so via a post / DM on there so that I can add you to the 'tester' role, which will allow me to mention @tester and notify you immediately whenever a beta version is available
- If you want to help beta-test the game but are only active on LoversLab or F95, please subscribe to the respective threads for the game on these forums as I will post each beta version in a post in the threads, without updating the OP to avoid people not intending to beta-test to pick it up expecting it to be stable
- Once the bugs have been detected and fixed via beta testing, I will release the final version as usual with all the platforms and mirrors (i.e. Full & UpdateOnly, 32-bit / 64-bit / Linux, Mega / Mediafire / NoFile). This should still make the planned release date (i.e. a Saturday).

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
Hmm, I changed this as a few people were complaining that it takes typing too many characters to filter down to what they want. :p Maybe I'll add a Esc > Setting option for this so that people can decide which one they prefer.
If it is a quick change, then yes please do it. But if it is more involved, could you consider working on the custom menu system discussed a little while ago instead or consider putting in a configurable action bar so I could set it up so when I hit, say, F1 I'd move to my home and sleep, F2 to move to work place and work, etc.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes