Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
"LifePlay is a life simulation RPG" first line in the description. "OpenSource" You can edit anything in there yourself! download unreal add what you want, if its good put it forward and it may even get added officially. Everyone would agree that it needs a lot doing, but he is one man, and as a 30+ year veteran of creating commercial computer games, I personaly think he is mad doing this on his own. Keep in mind that he isnt taking money to make it, people are donating money, but the game is free for everyone and I dont believe he is doing it for the money. like I said he must be mad.
A great deal of what you described can already be modded, or at least sort off. NPC moving in with MC, via command and relationship-easy, giving income to player- easy, cult house- not so easy, but possible. The problem is, is this idea something most of the players would want? Personaly I dont find the game "grindey" at all, not with the time functions, and I would probabily make it more so, with more realistic need to sleep and eat etc, but its not my game. When I can be botherd to instal Unreal engine again, I will probabily make a mod to do just that, as well as one to adjust anim alignment, and give the NPC's a few more stat's for me to play with. Although I dont think NPC's will ever be "fully tracked" within the game, it could be possible to give them a basic timeline for where they are and when eg "9-5 working" and a job description.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Jamsalad: Thank you for your support :)

--------------

I think it would be good to put any mods in here when you feel they are ready: https://f95zone.to/forums/mods.41/ - I'll then be able to link to it from the game's OP. Would help a bit with promoting the game too as some people may stumble across a mod's thread before the actual game.

About modding vs dev content debate, yes, of course the ideal scenario would be:
- me working full-time on the game, focusing on the base code, game features and modders' tools and API functions
- a 3d artist working full-time alongside me, focusing on the game's models and animations
- a modding community making mods that cover specific fetishes and features/ gameplay overhauls that are up to each person's taste (like more realistic needs VS less grind / constant sex)
But I'm also realistic and know the game is waaaaaaaaay off this ideal scenario right now. With my current Patreon income of $135 per month, I cannot afford (at least not yet) to work full-time on the game nor hire a 3d artist to help me out with the art side of game dev. The modding community is in its infancy and realistically I doubt we would see a boom in modders being interested in the game anytime soon until the game gets much more popular.

So once Gamora stabbed the fake Thanos and that ideal scenario above faded away, what we're left with, at least for now, is:
- me working part-time on the game, trying to cover both coding and art to the best of my (very limited) 3d modelling/ animating talent.
- the occasional mods here and there, which are very much appreciated but to have enough content, I will still be the one making the bulk of the new scenes and covering more fetishes for the foreeseeable future
People who have been watching the project's progress from the start know that I do listen to and try to address players' feedbacks as much as I can, but it takes time to implement these changes and the really ambitious changes (things like actual realistic-looking buildings, first-person 3d world) are sort of put in a list of 'yeah, that would be a dream, but beyond the game's budget of money and man hours for now' things to do.

Everyone would agree that it needs a lot doing, but he is one man, and as a 30+ year veteran of creating commercial computer games, I personaly think he is mad doing this on his own. Keep in mind that he isnt taking money to make it, people are donating money, but the game is free for everyone and I dont believe he is doing it for the money. like I said he must be mad.
Financially irresponsible maybe, but not mad :p . I'm 25, single and don't have to take care of anyone financially but myself - heck, I don't even own a car. If I make less money because I dedicate a bit more time than I probably should to the game instead of doing contract work, I'll just try to spend less money (mostly by turning down social invitations, which means even more time in front of my PC for game dev ... :p). If I were married with kids or something (not happening anytime soon, don't worry), I wouldn't be able to work on the project for the current income, to be honest.
Heck, from what I heard from my US buddies, if I were American, I wouldn't have been able to do this. I have absolutely zero savings and a mountain of student debt, but thankfully, being a Brit, healthcare is free and student debt doesn't need to be paid unless I can afford to (and it gets wiped off eventually anyway). So, God Save The Queen for enabling this pervy lifesim game :p

Last edited:

Etar

Jul 17, 2017

--------------

I think it would be good to put any mods in here when you feel they are ready: https://f95zone.to/forums/mods.41/ - I'll then be able to link to it from the game's OP. Would help a bit with promoting the game too as some people may stumble across a mod's thread before the actual game.

About modding vs dev content debate, yes, of course the ideal scenario would be:
- me working full-time on the game, focusing on the base code, game features and modders' tools and API functions
- a 3d artist working full-time alongside me, focusing on the game's models and animations
- a modding community making mods that cover specific fetishes and features/ gameplay overhauls that are up to each person's taste (like more realistic needs VS less grind / constant sex)
But I'm also realistic and know the game is waaaaaaaaay off this ideal scenario right now. With my current Patreon income of $135 per month, I cannot afford (at least not yet) to work full-time on the game nor hire a 3d artist to help me out with the art side of game dev. The modding community is in its infancy and realistically I doubt we would see a boom in modders being interested in the game anytime soon until the game gets much more popular.

So once Gamora stabbed the fake Thanos and that ideal scenario above faded away, what we're left with, at least for now, is:
- me working part-time on the game, trying to cover both coding and art to the best of my (very limited) 3d modelling/ animating talent.
- the occasional mods here and there, which are very much appreciated but to have enough content, I will still be the one making the bulk of the new scenes and covering more fetishes for the foreeseeable future
People who have been watching the project's progress from the start know that I do listen to and try to address players' feedbacks as much as I can, but it takes time to implement these changes and the really ambitious changes (things like actual realistic-looking buildings, first-person 3d world) are sort of put in a list of 'yeah, that would be a dream, but beyond the game's budget of money and man hours for now' things to do.

Financially irresponsible maybe, but not mad :p . I'm 25, single and don't have to take care of anyone financially but myself - heck, I don't even own a car. If I make less money because I dedicate a bit more time than I probably should to the game instead of doing contract work, I'll just try to spend less money (mostly by turning down social invitations, which means even more time in front of my PC for game dev ... :p). If I were married with kids or something (not happening anytime soon, don't worry), I wouldn't be able to work on the project for the current income, to be honest.
Heck, from what I heard from my US buddies, if I were American, I wouldn't have been able to do this. I have absolutely zero savings and a mountain of student debt, but thankfully, being a Brit, healthcare is free and student debt doesn't need to be paid unless I can afford to (and it gets wiped off eventually anyway). So, God Save The Queen for enabling this pervy lifesim game :p
I have a nice cardboard box you can have if you wish to cut down on your spending even further? :p

Also, it seems with the new update it crashes fairly often during "Arrange a viewing". I believe its during the generation of a character because its happened twice within 5 minutes of each other, both times was seconds before the generated model would have normally been shown.

Not sure if its because I use the "Freeze fix" whilst also playing the London map, but I figured I'd add that info too.

(I tried looking for some sort of crash log but I could find none)

Reactions: Vinfamy

ChaosBoy

Mar 4, 2018
Everyone would agree that it needs a lot doing,
Then why we have this discussion if we both agree ? Wtf.

but he is one man, and as a 30+ year veteran of creating commercial computer games, I personaly think he is mad doing this on his own. Keep in mind that he isnt taking money to make it, people are donating money, but the game is free for everyone and I dont believe he is doing it for the money. like I said he must be mad.
Keep in mind modder wastes his time, skills, knowledge, idea and doesnt get even that :)

A great deal of what you described can already be modded, or at least sort off. NPC moving in with MC, via command and relationship-easy, giving income to player- easy, cult house- not so easy, but possible.
Im not saying its NOT possible, im saying some of this stuff should be in main game.

The problem is, is this idea something most of the players would want? Personaly I dont find the game "grindey" at all,
Dude, set your skill to 0, then use activities to up it up to 100 and then say to me its not "grindey" :V Sure you can edit your stats and skip this, but then why this mechanic exist ?
This is like haveing a race game in which every race lasts 4 hours, but at start you have "win the race" button to skip it, if so then why race at all ? :V
"with more realistic need to sleep and eat etc, but its not my game."
Game acualy needs to be less realistic when it comes to passage of time, not more. Dude if you have activity, you want to acualy "level it up" via those activities and not "just max everything" button, then those need to be fun and rewording, so far some on them are fun for like 20 minutes at most, and never rewarding. Dont tell me you dont see and issu here :V Find me good rpg or life simulation game that lets you set your stats at will, only becouse grinding them from 0 to 100 takes ages and is mostly unfun ?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Dude, set your skill to 0, then use activities to up it up to 100 and then say to me its not "grindey"
Why would you want to do this? Your character should start off with some skills, right, being good at something and bad at others (check out the stat presets: nerd, bimbo, jock, etc ). The attributes are mostly there to decide what scenes trigger etc, the goal of the game isn't to start off as someone useless at everything and work your way up to become someone amazing at everything. High stats isn't necessarily a good thing (for some scenes to trigger, certain stats are required to be LOW - all the corruption victim scenes need you to be low in perversion for example), just makes for a different person you're playing as and you'll get different life scenarios each build.
Stats aren't supposed to change that much from your starting stats, just like IRL, you can't go from a dumb person to Einstein by reading a few books.
But if that's the goal you want to set for yourself while playing the game (leveling all stats from 0 to 100), there's a difficulty setting in Esc > Settings that allow you to do this quite quickly from activities

Last edited:

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018

--------------

Vinfamy Love your mentality! Hope to continue supporting you for the foreseeable future. Wish the games that I liked had more support, especially yours, but everything has to start from somewhere. :giggle:

Totsum

Nov 24, 2018
Does anyone know anyplace where i can find more mods for the game? till now I only find the ones provided by Vinfammy(Not that i'm complaining about them, he did an excellent job at it)

ChaosBoy

Mar 4, 2018
Why would you want to do this? Your character should start off with some skills, right, being good at something and bad at others (check out the stat presets: nerd, bimbo, jock, etc ). The attributes are mostly there to decide what scenes trigger etc, the goal of the game isn't to start off as someone useless at everything and work your way up to become someone amazing at everything. High stats isn't necessarily a good thing (for some scenes to trigger, certain stats are required to be LOW - all the corruption victim scenes need you to be low in perversion for example), just makes for a different person you're playing as and you'll get different life scenarios each build.
Stats aren't supposed to change that much from your starting stats, just like IRL, you can't go from a dumb person to Einstein by reading a few books.
Sure but they should be not interchangable at will cuz it breaks realy hard role-playing part of game (whats the point of them if i can edit them at will), especialy if we going for hardcore roleplaying expierience, if not then why they are there? Some of those stats need to acualy progress quickly, like job expierience, perversion etc are stats that dont requaire anyone to be absulute genious to be honest. This also ties with time progresion, which is realy "real" in this game compared to most simulation games, there shoud be a slider in options (simillar to pregnancy and child growing up) that allows to speed up character ageing acordingly (and with that buff stat ganes from activities). Like events are mostly desiqned like in visual novel leting you bed and even build relationship to wife level in few hours of gameplay with lots of side events mostly sex oriented, but in game times only like 3 day have passed. I know those are small things alone but there are lots of simmilar small issues that need to be adressed, and combained it makes game expierience very weird to be honest. Keep also in mind that more not changeable stat is then more important it must be, if i set some stat to 40 then it should give as much expierience of 40 level stat as it possibly can, becouse i cant change it without "editing" and breaking role play, othervise expierience is starting to get boring. In general i understand a direction a bit better now but acordingly to that i have one sugestion:

1) Stats
I sugest braking stats intu acual stats and skills, stats are things that your character starts and ends with (mostly the same), like inteligence for example (and simillar to RPG stats). And it whould be that characters simillary to characters from D&D games have some number of skill points that they can invest intu specific stat, but they cannot be good at everything. (or at least adding this type of game mode to existing one) And skills that are tied to them, for example:
- I create inteligent dude with low charisma and "fitness" stat, so that i gain intelecual skills quickly, have no problem with job performence, but sport or "speach" oriented ones level up super slow, to get ladies i need to use planing and intelect, not smoth talk or abbs :V
- High charisma and fitness skill but low inteligence, dudes realy eazly gets ledies, but has hard time learning enything intelecual, must use his charm to get job promotions etc.
Off course this will make impossible to make "ms. perfect" and "ms. totaly imperfect" scenarious possible, but add acual realism and immersion to charaters created.

In last words thx for attention, im not writing this this to hate, but becose i want this game be as good as possible, im shearing also only my opinions, mostly based on acual mechincs used in simmilar games that where acualy good (so im not inventing anything new her) but still its just opinion, that i would be glad if taken intu considiration, if not then still ok.

clementchoy

Aug 11, 2017
Vinfamy ,
your hotfix actually solve the problem of fatal error , not the clothing load , it is the recomended that giving error.
i played with clothing on hours without fatal error with your hotfix.

Sol Invicti

Oct 12, 2018
So I came back to this game to see what the new game has to offer, and while the games are doing great, I did encountered some trouble on the polyamorous module (with the incest module on). After the character proposed to one of his family members, the character is unable to propose to other family members. A number of pages back you have mentioned the force trigger method (open up console and insert 'incestrous-relationships', something along those lines), and it resulted in turning all his family members into acquaintances, unable to change back to family members.

Therefore I have a few questions:

A. Is there any plan on improving this situation?

B. Is it possible to add more relationship types in the contacts menu (for reasons) to change to? For example, sister/wife?

C. Is it possible to add an option to visit your family members if they are living with you to force trigger some events directly from the drop down menu instead of going through 'spend times with family'?

Thank you very much for your hard work, we appreciate your dedication and contribution. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosBoy

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
dragonray250
You are so gonna hate what I have to say to you lol. pregnancy term is 9 months, so 3x9= 27 month or 810 days pregnacy rofl. try changing it to 0.05 and have a go at that. That one caught me as well ;)

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
ChaosBoy
"Dude if you have activity, you want to acualy "level it up" via those activities and not "just max everything" ". You see this is the thing, We play the game very diffrently. I set my self a character type and play the game, I have never once tried to raise any skills. They do raise I suppose but thats not why I play it, I suppose a good way around this for diffrent types of players would be a multiplier. So eg food/sleep = realistic then x2 /2, x4 /4 etc. Then people can play it the way they want.
"im not writing this this to hate" I dont think anyone here is being hatefull, this is just constructive discussion. You play diffrent to myself, Vinfamy's job is trying to obtain a balance so as many people as possible can enjoy it, Thats why I would promote Modding, so I can take his nice lifesim, and turn it into some evil twisted slave maker game, without it having an effect on other peoples experiance lol. I already have over a dozen perverted mods in my game.

Reactions: clementchoy

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy
I have almost all the clothes/hair etc from Makehuman converted to fit and work with Morph3D in unity. Morph3d is Daz I believe so all the stuff should be weighted the same as yours. They may just work straight out of the box! If your interested let me know and I will send you one for testing.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy
I have almost all the clothes/hair etc from Makehuman converted to fit and work with Morph3D in unity. Morph3d is Daz I believe so all the stuff should be weighted the same as yours. They may just work straight out of the box! If your interested let me know and I will send you one for testing.
Thank you for the offer. But let's hold our fire for now on this - I want to eliminate the clothing-related fatal crashes completely before thinking about adding more clothes

clementchoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lostlegends, can i give suggestion to you too? I know is not my place to comment cause you are doing mods for free, but just a simple request since you are 3D animator/programmer too.
i guess there is some tweak need to be done on the 3D animations/clothing/sex scene, a better tweak on that would be a great helps for the quality of game, maybe you could help him on bugs if you have the time , myself is IT hardware engineer, i would like to help but i dont have the capability.
just suggestion , is hard to find another pro person that willing and enthusiasm. good job on your mod though=D

edited : then from a clean and quality games that he developed, he will have more time to focus on mods and with your help , definately it comes out with a greater games, i dont mean helping on hand , maybe some advice and such.

clementchoy

Aug 11, 2017
Vinfamy i started off a new character being a futa, but she cant do MFF and above(animation not exist), can i tweak myself being a male or female being a futa?
and i just got a trans preggo...is their nature to have both usable private parts? or it is a bug? XD

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes