xvi

Jun 3, 2018
Yes, but hairstyle assets are very heavy. I tend to leave heavy stuffs towards the end of each x. series of versions, otherwise I would make the "Update Only' downloads too heavy and therefore useless.
Some of the hairstyles actually have sliders that dramatically change the hairstyle to something almost completely different. It would be great if some of the better sliders that don't end up with weird results can be used for randomised NPC's. I'll have to look into it to remember which hair styles and which sliders, but for both men and women there are at least a couple of styles that can look completely different (and still good) by changing one slider.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Since we already had two releases this month (v2.5 on 3 Aug & v2.6 on 17 Aug), rather than trying to cram in a third update in the same month, I thought I would take this opportunity to spend three weeks working on something more ambitious that requires a bit more experimentation.

As you know, the last few months have seen a major graphical face lift for the game: both the character models and animations are now much better than back in the v1.x versions. However, the fact that sex scenes happen in front of a 2d background with fake Depth of Field-ish blur hasn't changed, which has the following negative effects:

1/ It just doesn't look very good. In first person POV, it looks even worse.
2/ When you move your camera around during sex scenes, sometimes the animations make no sense as the characters are basically just floating
3/ There are no way I can implement animations that require bed/ walls/ furniture with a 2d background
4/ Most importantly, there's no way to have realistic lighting, shadows and post process effects on the 3d characters themselves as their surrounding isn't real 3d and the lights are fixed, one-directional and don't actually reflect whatever light sources you see on the 2d background. The character models themselves can be super realistic with high poly count and detailed textures, but without those, they can never look quite right. As an example, just think of all the adult visual novels out there with still 3d renders: they basically all use the same Daz models, it's the lighting that makes the difference.

Now, there are 77 different building types in the game, making 3d interiors to replace all 77 2d background images is simply beyond the scope of an indie project with a solo developer. Thankfully, the majority of sex scenes in the game do happen in front of the same 2d background: the bedroom (i.e. at home, your significant other's home, hotel room, your fraternity room, etc), so it makes the most sense to implement a customizable 3d bedroom interior into the game to help tackle the issues listed above.

With that in mind, here are the plans for v2.7:
- Replace the 2d bedroom background with a proper 3d bedroom interior space
- Allow the player to customize their own bedroom with furniture and decorations, but most importantly allowing the player to position windows (that can be opened/ closed during sex scenes and also reflect the time of day) and different types of lights (that can be switched on and off) as to lit the scenes the way they prefer
- NPCs' bedrooms and hotel rooms will be randomized, but once generated, stay consistent (so your girlfriend's bedroom won't get refurnished completely each time you visit, don't worry!)
- New controls (both for moving the camera and repositioning the action) for these new 'full 3d' sex scenes
- Set up realistic lighting, shadows and post process effects for these new 'full 3d' bedroom sex scenes
- Add the option to 'head back home' for sex scenes that happen outside the bedroom, for those that can't stand any 2d backgrounds at all
- Some new animations that require bed or walls, which weren't possible before with the 2d background
- (Unrelated to the rest of the update, this is just a popular request) Allow you to add clothes to the inventory of NPCs so that those who prefer a Sims-like approach can force each NPC to wear fixed outfits rather than wearing completely random clothes each time you meet them. Completely optional feature.
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period

Estimated Release Date: 7 September (with release candidates for beta testing released 36 - 72 hours in advance)

PonaPon

Jan 17, 2018
Speaking of clothing, some scene that switches the main character's outfits (for example, looking for office job scenes) are currently adding duplicates of those outfits into their inventory instead of actually switching their outfits for those scenes.

Aug 8, 2017
Vinfamy, which version of UE are you using? When I try loading the project in the most recent (4.22) the StreetMap plugin fails to compile. Looking at their GitHub, they seem to have been having problems for a couple versions. They have open PRs for fixing compile issues with both 4.21 and 4.22 that have been sitting there for months.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy, which version of UE are you using? When I try loading the project in the most recent (4.22) the StreetMap plugin fails to compile. Looking at their GitHub, they seem to have been having problems for a couple versions. They have open PRs for fixing compile issues with both 4.21 and 4.22 that have been sitting there for months.
The project needs to be opened with any 4.20.x versions. You should be able to download the final 4.20.x version from the Unreal Launcher

where do i drop the update in the game at game folder or what
yes, so that the new LifePlay.exe overwrites the old LifePlay.exe

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
¿Cómo sé cuándo una mujer NPC quedó embarazada?
This is an English forum, if you're going to write in your native tongue then at least provide a translation. It's part of the forum rules.

Trans: Este es un foro en inglés, si vas a escribir en tu lengua materna, entonces al menos proporciona una traducción. Es parte de las reglas del foro.

IgnisDominus

Sep 3, 2018
Sorry, I thought a translated this before pasted in the forum..., in any case, my question is: How do I know that a female NPC got pregnant?

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
I hope age becomes more of a thing, and is paid more attention. Just started a new playthrough and immediately encountered two sisters - except that one was 22 and the other 67...

tkwas

Sep 4, 2019
I'm in the big shock how much this game has grown up.
::The big aplause for the creator::

I find some odd errors like:

- infinite pregnancy

After MC impregnates many womens, there wasn't any child birth so they are in the infinite pregnancies.
Next I change settings to get all info about pregnancy on, so it turns that all womens are still pregnant.
After that I change pregnancy time to 0.25 and then I have some info about -milions of days pregnancy.
I search in the game files and in NPC_gives_birth.lpscene is reference to Actor.endPregnancy().
But after reaserch i didn't find endPregnancy() in Command_Functions so I don't know is this method available.

- men pregnancy

After nice MFM with the creampie the other man came to me and start a scene NPC_discovers_pregnancy.lpscene

- starting a new game/new TF game after a load

After You start new game/new TF game your MC stats are transfered from previus game.

There are some other questions about this game:

? When the bestatilty mod will have:
m human-f animal
m animal-f animal
more thresome with animals (m human-f human-m animal, etc.)?

? When the animations of sex with the sleeping actors will be available?
At this time there are only animations of sleeping player with active actor.

? Are there any chances that the fan mods will be added to the mail post just like the dungedonV2.

? Will you add comments to the existing game files to be more legible.
Additionally a txt file with a short description of the mod scenes will be helpful

I'm sure there is so much work to do but i hope is thankful.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

2.7 includes a public beta testing period before official release. So, here are the links for those wanting to help beta-test this version (or just really impatient). No previous beta testing experience is required - it's as simple as playing the game normally and report any bugs you encounter.
  • (requires v2.0 Stable or later)
The beta testing period will last around 36 hours, aiming for official release of v2.7 (which will include the rest of the platforms and mirrors of course) on the previously promised date of Saturday, 17 July.
My preferred channel to receive bug reports from beta testers is . But a reply here would do too.
If you're not interested in beta-testing the game and are not super impatient to try out the new content in this version, it's recommended to just wait until Saturday for the final v2.7 releases.
Thank you for all your help!

Change Log:
- Replace the 2d bedroom background with a proper 3d bedroom interior space
- Allow the player to customize their own bedroom with furniture and different types of lights, the latter to lit the scenes the way they prefer
- 15 bedroom presets for both the lazy player and for NPCs' bedrooms, hotel rooms, etc
- New controls for these new 'full 3d' sex scenes (hold/ release shift to switch between moving camera and moving the people)
- Set up realistic lighting for these new 'full 3d' bedroom sex scenes
- Add the option to 'head back home' for sex scenes that happen outside the bedroom, for those that can't stand any 2d backgrounds at all
- Allow you to add clothes to the inventory of NPCs so that those who prefer a Sims-like approach can force each NPC to wear fixed outfits rather than wearing completely random clothes each time you meet them. Completely optional feature.
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period

Voltaire

Jul 14, 2017
Could you allow for detailed penis design for males using the "genitals" option. It currently only shows up if female is chosen (to choose between female & futa). I can design some fantastic penises for futa, but am costrained by the limited options through sexy bits morph for males.

xvi

Jun 3, 2018
Fantastic update once again Vin!

One issue I've noticed is that the lighting gets a lot brighter when you enter first person camera. Even with all lamps off it is pretty bright. Also, the camera movement for first person is often wrongly restricted again, in that you can only move the camera side to side instead of up and down.

Another problem is that when adding to an NPCs inventory the player undresses for some reason... I also can't seem to get clothes to change on NPCs sometimes. I'm out with them and they keep wearing what they had on.

The speech text for NPCs is now always covering their face. It was sometimes annoying before because it would jiggle a lot but now it more often than not just covers their face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinfamy

thehiber

Sep 9, 2018
I'm new here and i have a question, how do u trigger the Owner is kind of hot, it is always uncheckable.
edit: I have fetishes

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Could you allow for detailed penis design for males using the "genitals" option. It currently only shows up if female is chosen (to choose between female & futa). I can design some fantastic penises for futa, but am costrained by the limited options through sexy bits morph for males.
It's two different systems, the futa dick is an addon mesh, separate from the female mesh. The male penis is part of the original male mesh.
The addon has more customization options but has quite visible seam. The male penis has less options but is seamless.

I'm new here and i have a question, how do u trigger the Owner is kind of hot, it is always uncheckable.
edit: I have fetishes
what do you mean by "Owner" exactly?

thehiber

Sep 9, 2018
It's two different systems, the futa dick is an addon mesh, separate from the female mesh. The male penis is part of the original male mesh.
The addon has more customization options but has quite visible seam. The male penis has less options but is seamless.

what do you mean by "Owner" exactly?
I break into a house, it shown 3 option
1, steal and run away.
2, steal eveything
3, the house owner is kind of hot.

the 3rd option is uncheckable ( Gray option )

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes