IndianaTK

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
I think a couple of people mentioned this. This is how the Sims does it, I understand.
I'll see if I can add this as an option, obviously not forcing players to have to specify clothes for every single NPC (defaults to random clothes if you haven't specified anything)
Yeah. Please focus on this for the next release. It seems like a little thing but trust me it will take your game to the next level.
It seems little but the impact is huge.

MuleCurse

May 8, 2017
Hey Vinfamy, a small suggestion. As the game progresses, the contacts list starts filling up with an unidentifiable stream of random acquaintances. I've resorted to getting some order in the list by giving people custom last names like C (Store) or U (University). But when people start introducing their family, it gets a bit weird. So Billy R (Department Store) will introduce me to his sister Elly (Department Store) while we're clearly at an art museum, yadda yadda. It would be nice if it would just get listed automatically. Some other stats would be nice too (how long you've known them, how much you interacted with them, etc.) but it's not as important to my scatterbrain as just knowing where I met certain characters.
Information like that helps give the game some history, which helps give off some stronger simulationist vibes.

Thanks for the game anyway and keep up the good work mate.

Reactions: Gabaw

rhettWayne

Dec 16, 2018
Hello. The new update is not working for me. I copied the saves folder from 2.4 version to this latest version, but i am not seeing anything. Just text. What am i doing wrong?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hello. The new update is not working for me. I copied the saves folder from 2.4 version to this latest version, but i am not seeing anything. Just text. What am i doing wrong?
Sounds like how you did the opposite of how to upgrade. Copy and overwrite what you downloaded for 2.6 (all of it, not just the saves folder) over your old 2.4 folder, not other way around.

• Haha
Reactions: Gabaw
Jul 15, 2017
Vinfamy
I'm actually amazed how far your Project have gotten. I mean if you look at the early days and compare it now, with upgraded visuals and stuff, this Games have become pretty great, and i found it already nice from the beginning.

The only "gripe" which i've so far, though maybe i'm doing it wrong, is your NTR stuff, because far it's for me a bit to light. You can correct me if i'm wrong, but this NTR stuff is mostly triggered by your character, with your whole willingness. Not saying that this "per se" is a real issue to give more control to the players, but i'd like if this would be more out of game / out of character, so let's say that you might get the choice of your wife / husband cheats / get ntr'd, but more like she/he does it on her own (because she enjoy it or whatever) and not because you as partner allowed and shared your partner. Again, it might be that i do something wrong and such stuff is already in, but if not it would be cool "someday" if you might expand this a bit.

Also, though i tend to believe that i read something about that already on your github(???) as something which you might already considered. Maybe this stuff is also already in and i missed it (again?), but i'd love to have more options for details on your Character and NPC's in sense of preferences and such stuff. Like maybe certain Characters have some kind of fetish, maybe body size or skin color matter, or size of the genitalia (like a little or big dick, and that's the thing which i think i read already in your github? maybe my memory serves me wrong)... you know expansion of personality from normal "everyday" stuff to sexual kinks and whatever.

I really don't know how hard this to program, i don't know if it really does worth it or can/will/should be one of your priorities, or if this suggestion even would fit to your Vision, so take it please only as a small nitpicky and suggestion/wish on my side. Your Game is already great and i will also enjoy it even without the mentioned stuff / suggestion(and if it's already in than i'm really sorry and i might need to look for an guide). Thanks for your work!

/edit:
I've to add to my second Point about this "Details" stuff with preferences and such, that i'm more talkinig about how certain preferences fullfilled or not fullfilled might change dialogues and such, not in general trying to force with this stuff, that you as example aren't able to get the girl/guy you like, simply because you didn't have here preference, but maybe something which might change / twist dialogues a bit (or the partner thoughts and such), and also could be bundled with stuff like cheating / ntr / sharing...

Last edited:
Reactions: kannon and Vinfamy

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Is there any way to delay or selectively disable the tooltips? The map icon tooltips in particular are nothing but an annoyance from what I've seen.

Aug 8, 2017
How difficult would it be to add the capability to add more graphical assets via mods? If some people are already struggling to load everything, you may want to split things so that different users can strike different balances between performance and customization.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
How difficult would it be to add the capability to add more graphical assets via mods? If some people are already struggling to load everything, you may want to split things so that different users can strike different balances between performance and customization.
it's already there. but requires downloading the game's source code on Github and opening it with Unreal Engine (which if you haven't worked with Ue4 before, would be quite a learning curve in itself), which is beyond the level of effort most modders would commit to a game under development I think.
The game isn't all that popular, 2000 downloads per version or so. What % of those are modders? Then what % of modders have the skill and time to do these mods beyond mods that can be done with a text editor? Realistically, not that many.
Now ... if the game has 20,000 players, it might be a different story. But for the foreseeable future, all graphical assets will probably come from me I'm afraid.

Aug 8, 2017
it's already there. but requires downloading the game's source code on Github and opening it with Unreal Engine (which if you haven't worked with Ue4 before, would be quite a learning curve in itself), which is beyond the level of effort most modders would commit to a game under development I think.
The game isn't all that popular, 2000 downloads per version or so. What % of those are modders? Then what % of modders have the skill and time to do these mods beyond mods that can be done with a text editor? Realistically, not that many.
Now ... if the game has 20,000 players, it might be a different story. But for the foreseeable future, all graphical assets will probably come from me I'm afraid.
Well, all officially distributed graphical assets should probably come from you regardless so that you can ensure all the relevant licenses are there.

I've been meaning to get UE4 working and play with it for a while now, so this gave me the final push to start doing it, rather than continually putting it off.

harazard

Apr 22, 2018
Hey Vinfamy are you planning to add animated Vaginas and Buttholes in the future like gaping uh....holes if you get what i mean

Akumashe

Jun 19, 2017
Bit confused if this is a bug, or me doing something wrong... every 24-48 ingame hours (not sure exactly when it happens), the buisness I taken over resets to be someone elses. After buying my own buisness for the 3rd time it starts to feel redicolus.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Bit confused if this is a bug, or me doing something wrong... every 24-48 ingame hours (not sure exactly when it happens), the buisness I taken over resets to be someone elses. After buying my own buisness for the 3rd time it starts to feel redicolus.
maybe play the game as admin
sounds like something is deleting your C:\Users\Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames\{MapName}.sav file, keep that folder to open and sort by date modified and check if that file is being modified as you take over a business and when that business reverts back

Akumashe

Jun 19, 2017
Well. That was weird. Loading the game today, I own the building again (unlike yesterday) and it dosnt seem the bug is repeating (played it for a few hours now to keep an eye on that), so unfortunately dosnt seem I can help find what went wrong or how, on the good side, it works again ;)

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy
Dont know if this has been reported or fixed yet as Im a couple of versions behind, but clothing shop is broken on my version. None spawn on the map and if you change a building to clothing shop it picks something else at random.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
Hey
Will you add other hair styles to the game? Especially for the guys who only have maybe two good ones?

Will you ever introduce a dress code for the different types of work? It's a bit weird to see a Professor running around in what is basically a tracksuit.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hey
Will you add other hair styles to the game? Especially for the guys who only have maybe two good ones?
Yes, but hairstyle assets are very heavy. I tend to leave heavy stuffs towards the end of each x. series of versions, otherwise I would make the "Update Only' downloads too heavy and therefore useless.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes