MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I usually play Reading, PA, USA as it is small AND the closest city to me. Lots of familiar places on the map.

Asgadafi

Jun 12, 2017
Just wondering, next week I will be updating set relationship to V3, which will generate complete families for NPC's and players, but I have another mod that may interest people.
It's basicly an NPC capper that limits the generation of neighbours, work people, students and general plebs you meet on the street, to a maximum assigned by the player in a settings script, So you dont end up with 200 neighbours lol. Although working it will however require some compatability modification to fit in with other mods like better pregnancy, Let me know if this is of interest, and I will consider a release.
Can you add the feature to "Autosiblings" all people with a common parent?
Also a good thing would be to find some related people (it happens now only with the boss).

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Can you add the feature to "Autosiblings" all people with a common parent?
Also a good thing would be to find some related people (it happens now only with the boss).
I was planning a dual route approach to this. A spy/hack/stalk approach where you choose an npc and then there family information (generates them). and a companion ask about family approach. Where you can have a conversation with your current companion about there family(generates them). I will also include scripts for ask to meet family etc with current companion and significant others. The generate family code will revolve around the age of the npc, and the 2.4 children idea + a range check.
So if you are checking someone who is 20 years old, they will have between 1 and 2 siblings(although 0 to 3 will be possible) and a good probabily of parents in the 40 to 60 age range(again with random chance for death/divorce).
Checking a 40yo person will have the same sibling range. Less chance of parents in the 60 to 80yo range. As well as a chance of (2.4) children in the 20ish yo range. All family attachments will be done, so siblings will be marked as such, as well as parents and grandparents, uncles and aunts.
However it will stop at that. So it will not check the 40yo's sibling to see if they have children, it will not check the 40yo's parents to see if they have siblings or parents. Although you could target the parent, or sibling and rerun the program to generate these, any additions made wont attach to the first run. So cousins wont generate without you manualy setting them, but nieces/nephews will.
Hope this is clear although the description seem more complex than the code :eek:

Parapléric

Jan 6, 2020
Hello everyone, is someone working on a French translation, I would be available to lend a hand for the literary part, cordially.

Parapléric

Jan 6, 2020
Hello everyone, is someone working on a French translation, I would be available to lend a hand for the literary part, cordially.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
HI,Do you know how to set up a single gender NPC from known NPC as the protagonist of events?
If you go to contacts and edit the appearance of the wanted npc, you can save the npc(top left hand corner)include stats if you want. Then start a new game and load the preset you just saved. Or press ESC in current game edit appearance and load thepreset that way.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Translations although easy would be very time consuming and problematic because of mods. The game runs off loads of diffrent .scene files, So a part translation even of the base game would consist of editing probabily hundreds of files. each of these edited files would be overwritten each update, unless added through the mod interface. Take a look in this directory for details "LifePlay\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes"

Reactions: srg91

Vima

Modder
Jul 3, 2018
i hope they will be useful.
these rooms were requested by sexybastardo. (thank you for the challenge, it was fun to make these rooms.) :D
but i think it will be a good thing, to give other modders also access to it.

(Private Bathroom)
Private Bathroom.jpg Private Bathroom 2.jpg
i hope it will fit as a bathroom and will help to make such a scene ;)

(Public Restroom)
Public Restroom.jpg Public Restroom 2.jpg

all of them have a bed in the floor, i have marked them so if you don't want the bed's or to place them on a other spot.
look at the area of the black circles.

Edit: Remove the Downloads.
I was not able to fix these Rooms, but i want to keep the Pics to show what is/was possible in the Editor.

Last edited:

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
If you go to contacts and edit the appearance of the wanted npc, you can save the npc(top left hand corner)include stats if you want. Then start a new game and load the preset you just saved. Or press ESC in current game edit appearance and load thepreset that way.
You don't understand what I mean. I mean how to set it in mod writing. For example, I have two neighbors, one male and one female. I just want to extract the male neighbor as the protagonist of the event

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
You don't understand what I mean. I mean how to set it in mod writing. For example, I have two neighbors, one male and one female. I just want to extract the male neighbor as the protagonist of the event
You could use :
selectNPC()
Actor = getSelectedNPC()
This will let you choose a specific npc from a script. Take a look at the murder npc script.
this will bring up a choose npc selection. otherwise its quite long winded, Eg:set up a loop, then use Actor = getSpecific(ID). end the loop if actor isnt valid and loop through all ID's this will check every npc in the game. If your just looking for any male npc who is a neighour, do as nickno says."WHO: Actor = getSpecific(Neighbour); If Actor.isMalel()".

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
not at the moment but it wouldn't be too hard to add
do you want me to add it?
No, dont worry about it. I was going to add a difficulty to the dungeon mod and base it of the slider, but it will be just as easy to put a level setting in the mod itself. thanks.

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
Just wondering, next week I will be updating set relationship to V3, which will generate complete families for NPC's and players, but I have another mod that may interest people.
It's basicly an NPC capper that limits the generation of neighbours, work people, students and general plebs you meet on the street, to a maximum assigned by the player in a settings script, So you dont end up with 200 neighbours lol. Although working it will however require some compatability modification to fit in with other mods like better pregnancy, Let me know if this is of interest, and I will consider a release.
That NPC capper is a perfect idea, man. Personally, I'd love to bump into acquaintances more often than having hundreds of clutter NPCs, as well as having some of the neighbors/students moving someplace else at some point and you would have one last chance to ask for their contact before they leave (just like in that workplace scene).

Also, regarding the SugarDaddy++ mod, could you add an option for sugarparents as well?

Great work with the mods so far, btw. Hope you're all good!

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Also, regarding the SugarDaddy++ mod, could you add an option for sugarparents as well?
If by that you mean someone paying you for services, it's possible. But it would be a whole new mod, and thats out of the question till I finnish a couple of current mods. Plus I'm not sure how it would work, with you paying, you decide what to do and where to go. If there paying, they would decide!
If you mean adding older people into the mix that you can pay for services, that could be done by you advertising the age required and a few checks to change responses.
And yes I'm all good, well apart from my darkside thats all bad. But thanks for asking!

Reactions: srg91
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes