NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
I use Notepad++, what do you mean with "typographical"? Syntax errors in your code or in strings you encounter?

The iteration cannot be done in the WHO: clause. Leave it empty and add the while code to the main scene:

tmpActor = getPerson()
while tmpActor.isValid()
if tmpActor.isMale() && tmpActor.isNeighbour()
// Do something
endif
tmpActor = getPerson()
endwhile

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
I use Notepad++, what do you mean with "typographical"? Syntax errors in your code or in strings you encounter?

The iteration cannot be done in the WHO: clause. Leave it empty and add the while code to the main scene:

tmpActor = getPerson()
while tmpActor.isValid()
if tmpActor.isMale() && tmpActor.isNeighbour()
// Do something
endif
tmpActor = getPerson()
endwhile
I use Notepad++ ,but I can't write if endif while endwhile these statements by myself, and often make mistakes. I can only copy the existing statements to replace them

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Actually, I want to find out if there is something wrong with my software. If your writing method is the same as mine

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
If by that you mean someone paying you for services, it's possible. But it would be a whole new mod, and thats out of the question till I finnish a couple of current mods. Plus I'm not sure how it would work, with you paying, you decide what to do and where to go. If there paying, they would decide!
If you mean adding older people into the mix that you can pay for services, that could be done by you advertising the age required and a few checks to change responses.
And yes I'm all good, well apart from my darkside thats all bad. But thanks for asking!
Oh yeah, that would turn things around for sure. Frankly, I was thinking about a copy-paste-ish kinda thing with a bit of tweaking to accommodate the differences. What I mean by that is copying chunks of code and replacing age interval and dialogue for it to work with sugar-daddies/sugar-mommies. For instance, you could have the same options while dating sugar-babes and sugar-parents but the former would be you picking the activities and the latter would be them asking you what would you like to do. But sure, some shift in who takes the lead might be interesting. For that, I was thinking of using the same approach as the base game where you have all the dating options, and when the sugar-parent calls, it just picks a random one from your mod, and from that point on it could go like a normal date in SugarDaddy++, except maybe they will initiate sexy time. I'm not sure if what I've said is really easier, but personally, I'd be fine with any approach you seem fit.

Glad you're doing fine since taking on multiple mods at once. I reckon it takes a toll on you at some point, so yeah, take care, dude!

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
I use Notepad++ ,I can't write “if” statement by myself. I have to copy the existing format, otherwise I will make mistakes. So I suspect that the who's setting is also such a mistake

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
vampire899
Are you using "LifePlay\Docs\Modding\SyntaxHighlighter" and that code I gave you is from an actual base game scene! The actual code is quite fragile and delicate in lifeplay EOL/Tab as well as many other things break it, The best idea is to just put up your complete file and let someone edit it, and show you where the mistakes are.

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Or can you help me write this code?
WHO: Actor0 = getSpecific(Neighbour); Actor1 = Actor0.getRelatedPerson(ParentChild); If Actor0.isMale() && Actor0.isInterestedIn(Actor1) && Player.isInterestedIn(Actor1) && !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor0) && Actor1:incest > 75 && Actor0:incest > 75 && Actor1:age > Actor0:age

Last edited:

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Or can you help me write this code?
WHO: Actor0 = getSpecific(Neighbour); Actor1 = Actor0.getRelatedPerson(ParentChild); If Actor0.isMale() && Actor0.isInterestedIn(Actor1) && Player.isInterestedIn(Actor1) && !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor0) && Actor1:incest > 75 && Actor0:incest > 75 && Actor1:age > Actor0:age
I've used it If Actor0.isMale() && !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor0) to exclude female Actor , but in test always give me a female role

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
I've used it If Actor0.isMale() && !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor0) to exclude female Actor , but in test always give me a female role
I write this code to extract a male neighbor and his mother, but often give me a female neighbor and her daughter LOL

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
vampire899: I suggest you get yourself a discord account (if you don't have one yet) and visit LifePlay's Discord. There is a modding channel and you can paste your code / files without loosing any formatting.

AND: we keep the forum clear ;)

queueguy

Nov 14, 2019
Thank you!!
I'm waiting for new animation... and really want you to add 'floppy penis' function for my character so much :LOL:

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
Uh....
The "WHO:" is wrong as expected.
And there are plenty of other problems like identation and wrong string masking:
1580127297375.png

First get your NP++ set up correctly. Install the Syntax highlighter and enable white space display!
I already told you how to acchieve what you want. Read again please.

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Uh....
And there are plenty of other problems like identation and wrong string masking:
View attachment 530899

First get your NP++ set up correctly. Install the Syntax highlighter and enable white space display!
I don't quite understand what you mean. First of all, the "who:" is wrong as expected. What's the error? Is it a conditional error or a format error? Second, the problem in your figure is just one more " is a manual error. What are the other format problems

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
...Is it a conditional error or a format error? Second, the problem in your figure is just one more " is a manual error. What are the other format problems
Tabs (the orange arrows) are not supported and will cause the conditional execution to fail. You need spaces (represented by orange dots).

2nd: I am not sure (and therefore would not do it this way) that the IF condition in the WHO: clause will do anything.
That is why I suggested you leave WHO: empty and iterate through all your contacts to find a male neighbour.

This is how it is usually done.

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Uh....
View attachment 530899

I know where the format error is. I replaced all the auto carriage return positioning with spaces. Now we can solve the problem of extracting conditions. What is the error of extracting conditions View attachment blackmail_neighbours_family_incest.7z

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Tabs (the orange arrows) are not supported and will cause the conditional execution to fail. You need spaces (represented by orange dots).

2nd: I am not sure (and therefore would not do it this way) that the IF condition in the WHO: clause will do anything.
That is why I suggested you leave WHO: empty and iterate through all your contacts to find a male neighbour.

This is how it is usually done.
What I need to position is a male neighbor with a parent-child relationship, and it's a mother-child relationship rather than a father-child relationship.
so how to write this double repeated statement?

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes