Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
2.18 is a very buggy version. Maybe it's just me, crashes during events, crashes during communication. Strange ... And another question - how to update the map? I’m starting a new game, and in the new game there are shops that you opened in the previous game ...
use the Central Bath map, much more lightweight if the London one is giving you performance issues
There's a Reset Map button in the Select City menu

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
So i rearranged my mod order and it fixed my previous issue, but i have a new (albeit much minor) issue. When i walk a date back home and they invite me inside, while i get the right options, im still outside with the generic street screen rather than in a 3d room. It seems to happen on one of my characters but not another so maybe im missing something? Ill post my new load order, can anyone tell me if they see the issue? Many thanks.

lp3.png

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
RevanXe
Apart from the "Nudity Matters Module " and better pregnancy together I dont think there are any other mod problems, and it wouldnt cause the issue your discribing. At a guess you either have a 3d room missing or someone forgot to code it into a mod. Not sure on what the new goodbye does, but if it's a date mod as stated, that may be the issue try it at the top and see!

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
RevanXe
Apart from the "Nudity Matters Module " and better pregnancy together I dont think there are any other mod problems, and it wouldnt cause the issue your discribing. At a guess you either have a 3d room missing or someone forgot to code it into a mod. Not sure on what the new goodbye does, but if it's a date mod as stated, that may be the issue try it at the top and see!
That was the cause, i tried moving it to no avail, but disabling it solves the issue. It's bizarre as it only happens on one of my characters, the one where im married but moved in to my wife's apartment. On my other characters it's working fine as far as ive tested. The pros outweigh the cons of having it installed, as long as it works as intended anyway.

GelonG

To be, or not to be, that is the question…
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2018
use the Central Bath map, much more lightweight if the London one is giving you performance issues
There's a Reset Map button in the Select City menu
I have a top pc))) I have no performance problems. :cool: I am using Russian translation from version 1.12. Maybe this is the problem ... Thanks for the tip about resetting the map.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Here's the updated list of community-made mods as of 11 Feb. I'm very grateful for the efforts of our wonderful modders:
Utility Tools:
"New" means the mod was released within the last month. "Updated" means the mod was recently updated within the last month.
If you want to make mods for LifePlay yourself (which requires no coding experience nor special software), start by checking out the and join our - modders are usually quite active on there.

How to Install Community-Made Mods:
Download and extract the mod into Content/Modules
Make sure you don't leave an extra directory level for the mod, meaning:
For Better Pregnancy for example, it should go like this:
Modules/sb_BetterPregnancy/sb_BetterPregnancy.lpmod
and NOT
Modules/sb_BetterPregnancy_v1_3/sb_BetterPregnancy/sb_BetterPregnancy.lpmod
(If this is the case after you extract the mod, you need to move the sb_BetterPregnancy folder out to Content/Modules and delete the (now empty) sb_BetterPregnancy_v1_3 folder)
After this, make sure the mod is active in the Mod Manager. (Ctrl + M > Tick Mod > Confirm)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I have a top pc))) I have no performance problems. :cool: I am using Russian translation from version 1.12. Maybe this is the problem ... Thanks for the tip about resetting the map.
I haven't actually received any crash reports for 2.18 aside from yours, just reports of long load times and delay etc
Just to confirm, these are crash-to-desktops with no error message? Or did you mean freezes?

bomj

Aug 15, 2016
Wow so much to do and laern, the game is overwhelming. Last I played the biggest issue w these types of games is that character sizes dont work well in the sex scenes. Like the farther you go from the default body the more wonky it looks during the animations.

GelonG

To be, or not to be, that is the question…
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2018
I haven't actually received any crash reports for 2.18 aside from yours, just reports of long load times and delay etc
Just to confirm, these are crash-to-desktops with no error message? Or did you mean freezes?
I am not a native speaker. But try to explain in English. An event is occurring. Or a conversation. After which the game freezes. The game stops responding, only restarting the game helps.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I am not a native speaker. But try to explain in English. An event is occurring. Or a conversation. After which the game freezes. The game stops responding, only restarting the game helps.
yeah, it's a known issue, map regenerates after some scenes - it shouldn't.
Will fix for 2.19
For now, the Central Bath map helps.

hiden

Dec 9, 2019
Same here.

I managed to bypass that issue (3:4 monitor) by selecting a resolution of 1280*768 in the desktop menu and launching the game. Once inside, youd be able to see the whole menu thing, so set your choices, then exit the game and restore the resolution back again.
what desktop menu?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I have had 2 crashes in 2.18 which is unusual, both just before char appearing on title. But as I often start/quit the game due to testing mods, this is probabily 2 out of 50. So for me no biggy and far less than a bethesda game :LOL:

pod1_99

Jul 18, 2018
any advice on making the females more aggressive ? have set all the stats but no scenes seam to activate

Dbcaf

Feb 9, 2020
Not trying to be nasty here at all, but this overwrites a massive amount of base scenes. none of mine that are published anyway, but it will affect "better pregnancy" and quite a few of my own mods that I havent released, So I cannot use it. I understand where you are coming from, and that there is no better way of doing this. However you could prefix your files, that would let your files and the base ones run, but your files wont be called all the time. Thats the only real suggestion I would have. But this isnt going to be compatible with a lot of stuff soon. Including one I will soon be releasing that controls the amount of npc's in the game. This will force people to choose who's mod they run! In my case this isnt an issue, "my population mod" already is patched for "better pregnancy" and I could probabily do the same for yours, or even let you have details on how to patch it for pregnancy. I will have to consult the author of that mod first though.
Still nice idea and I hope you continue, the more mods the better.
And if you continue and want suggestions for V2 how about naked npc's as well lol.
Added FYI this will also not work properly with "the new goodbye mod"
As I wrote in my post, I'm aware there might be compatibility issues (edited the post right now to highlight that part so that people downloading the mod are aware of this).

I don't think it makes much sense to prefix my files. The premise of my mod is to overwrite base game scenes so that the chance of encountering a scene in which NPCs don't realise you're naked is as small as possible. Otherwise the mod doesn't make much sense. If there are any conflics, It's up to the people to decide which one they want to have at the time.

I'm open for suggestions how to patch for compatibility but I hope it isn't to hard otherwise I won't be able to cope with it- my experience with coding is very limited.

Naked NPCs are kind of out of the scope of what I wanted to achieve- player experiencing consequences of his/her choice (to be naked). There's one scene in my mod in which NPC can decide to strip as well in case of high perversion stat, though.
What I'm leaning to right now is to expand the mod towards NPCs recognising that player is not only naked but an exhibitionist as well- kind of "I see you like being seen naked by others- how about you do this and that". I think I will proritise things llike that over random events that would trigger regardless of player's chocies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Monotoli

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
If it's possible could there be a checkable box for "classic view" in settings for those who don't like the small town look or computers can't handle it/too long to load who want to play specific cities?

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I'm open for suggestions how to patch for compatibility but I hope it isn't to hard otherwise I won't be able to cope with it- my experience with coding is very limited.
I will message the mods author to make sure he is fine with me using part of his script. If it is ok with him, which I am fairly sure it will be, then I have already done the work! you will just need to cut and paste it into a couple of scripts. then you will be compatible with his. I will let you know once he gets back to me.

Reactions: Dbcaf

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
That would be awesome, but should work in cities being used, too. The new view was done on existing ones and we don't want to lose our old saves.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes