Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

This will be the second update of the five-update v3.0 Interaction and AI Overhaul. It will get rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel of gameplay and move towards a truly 3d lifesim gaming experience:
- Taking any action with a building will now actually 'zoom in' to the building's interior (i.e. the interior presets added back in Beta 1) where you can see your character and NPCs doing things, i.e interacting with that building's furniture and other objects. There's a button to go back to the city map when you want to go somewhere else of course.
- Controllable full 3d camera for both normal interaction (i.e. taking an action with a building) & during any scenes triggered, so that gameplay can flow smoothly between a normal activity and a triggered scene. No more of the 'watching the city map & progress bar, interrupted by random visual novel bits' feel.
- Male and female poses & animations for many furniture & objects added so far in the game (sit on chairs, lie on beds, jog on treadmills, etc) so that characters don't just spawn inside the 3d building and stand there awkwardly.
- Each NPC is now 'alive' and will be at some building somewhere on the map at any point of your playthrough. The sophisticated AI logic and dynamic NPC schedules will come in Beta 3 and 4. For Beta 2, each NPC's current location and current action will simply be completely random, just for the sake of making sure building interiors are populated with people whereever you go.
- In summary, Beta 2 is still a Work-In-Progress beta update as part of our five-update v3.0 overhaul but gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense (In Beta 2 it's just random, you're likely to catch a NPC in a weird place at a weird hour of the day). The scenes will no longer be 'visual novel-esque but instead blend smoothly with the normal interactions and the sex scenes, but because I will still have to go through the hundreds of existing lpscene scene scripts to add new API functions for things like headtracking and walking towards a certain character (will do this in Beta 3 or 4), some scenes may feel a bit 'awkward' for now (characters making wrong eye contact, characters teleporting in, etc)
- The rest of the March commissions from patrons and contributors
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 21 March

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
It definitely sounds pretty neat, although... I'm a little worried at switching to 3D model and full animations of the player/NPCs doing stuff will tank performance, which is already a little tight down at the bottom end.

PsyPsyPsy

Mar 9, 2020
Naughty Nights V1.0 by CaptainG

This is a mod for Female PC's that adds a number of non-consensual and prostitution-like scenes. A number of said scenes take place at night but due to the fact that many locations in the game are completely useless at night, there are some scenes that have small late-hour windows to be activated.

- 15+ New XXX Scenes
- Adds a couple extras such as Go for a jog, Buy/Smoke joint...
- There may be some bugs, but at least the grammar isn't too bad
I keep getting this error in relation to your mod when I try to do stuff at a strip club. There's a scene from your mod that the game tries to load but the game enters an indefinite while loop and freezes. It only happens with this one scene.

Reactions: juju2000 and srg91

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
First of all, sorry if this has been already implemented, but I miss an overwrite warning when saving an NPC preset, loading and saving over an already saved game.

Also, I find dumping contact list NPCs and their stats from a saved game useful. I know it can be done one by one, but, you know... just asking.

Concerning morphing, adding a "penis girth/thickness" slider not involving length changes would be awesome.

Thanks again for this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caracurt and srg91

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
I am with others. Sometimes doing too much in terms of sophistication does nothing for gameplay but just adds to performance issues.

What does the zoom in and zoom out function add?

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
I am with others. Sometimes doing too much in terms of sophistication does nothing for gameplay but just adds to performance issues.

What does the zoom in and zoom out function add?
I mean, I understand the idea, as in you get to see the different actions taking place - as well as NPCs doing their idle stuff - and then scenes happen within that, compared to how at the moment actions are just a loading bar that you see filling up (regardless of what the action IS) unless a scene is triggered.

I'm just worried that it's going to be a h u g e jump in terms of work, both for Vinfamy to put together (there's everything from shopping, eating, studying, gambling...) and for peoples PCs to be able to handle - especially for those on weaker systems who can only just run lifeplay as it is.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I mean, I understand the idea, as in you get to see the different actions taking place - as well as NPCs doing their idle stuff - and then scenes happen within that, compared to how at the moment actions are just a loading bar that you see filling up (regardless of what the action IS) unless a scene is triggered.

I'm just worried that it's going to be a h u g e jump in terms of work, both for Vinfamy to put together (there's everything from shopping, eating, studying, gambling...) and for peoples PCs to be able to handle - especially for those on weaker systems who can only just run lifeplay as it is.
if your PC can run a gangbang scene currently in the 3d bedroom, nothing coming in v3.0 will be much more performance intensive than that.
Animations have virtually no performance cost. AI calculations will be fine with multi-threading. The only thing that's performance taxing is rendering multiple characters (being Daz Genesis 8, they're quite high poly) on the screen at once, but the game is already doing that sometimes with gangbang scenes anyway.
Besides, there's Post Process Quality and Shadow Quality in Esc > Settings in tune down if you want to optimize performance.

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
if your PC can run a gangbang scene currently in the 3d bedroom, nothing coming in v3.0 will be much more performance intensive than that.
<snip>
Well, I was speaking from the perspective of it performance already being touch-and-go even with PP, shadows, internal res, etc all pushed down to the minimum (plus a few other tweaks I'm familiar with in UE4 games). That being said, if it's not likely to be any tougher than gangbang scenes, then it shouldn't be toooo much of a slideshow. Thanks for the quick reply though! I swear, most devs on this site aren't even as responsive even to their patrons as you are in this thread.

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why does this continue to trigger even after the variable is over 0? I created the .lpstat and the counter goes up after the event but then it happens again. Is there something I'm missing?

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019

Why does this continue to trigger even after the variable is over 0? I created the .lpstat and the counter goes up after the event but then it happens again. Is there something I'm missing?
The game's editing language doesn't recognize tabs, < if > < end if > these must be preceded by spaces

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
The game's editing language doesn't recognize tabs, < if > < end if > these must be preceded by spaces
Oh, they are. Its just how it copied to the post here.

I mostly mean the Other: trigger. How do I get it to only happen if a stat is 0 but not higher than 0.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

What is wardenbitch?
If wardenbitch is just a local variable in your script, it's not going to get remembered after SceneEnd()
only stats, global variables and actor variables get saved after scenes finish
Maybe it's a stat? Then it needs a wardenbitch.lpstat file (i.e. when you Esc > Edit Stats, you should see it on the list). Also it should be OTHER: wardenbitch == 0
a single = is used to set, not to compare

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
What is wardenbitch?
If wardenbitch is just a local variable in your script, it's not going to get remembered after SceneEnd()
only stats, global variables and actor variables get saved after scenes finish
Maybe it's a stat? Then it needs a wardenbitch.lpstat file (i.e. when you Esc > Edit Stats, you should see it on the list). Also it should be OTHER: wardenbitch == 0
a single = is used to set, not to compare
Yep, it's a .lpstat i made!

And == was probably what I needed. Thanks! I am making a whole mod for the Prison I hope people enjoy.

vampire899

Oct 30, 2019
Yep, it's a .lpstat i made!

And == was probably what I needed. Thanks! I am making a whole mod for the Prison I hope people enjoy.
Warden.setBoss() ? I suggest you refer to sugardaddy.lpscene be analogue to
WardenBoss = WardenBoss.getGlobal()
if WardenBoss > 0
WardenBoss = getSpecific(WardenBoss)
Else
Actor = generatePerson()
WardenBoss = Actor.getID()
WardenBoss.setGlobal(WardenBoss)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Warden.setBoss() ? I suggest you refer to sugardaddy.lpscene be analogue to
WardenBoss = WardenBoss.getGlobal()
if WardenBoss > 0
WardenBoss = getSpecific(WardenBoss)
Else
Actor = generatePerson()
WardenBoss = Actor.getID()
WardenBoss.setGlobal(WardenBoss)
or check test.lpscene with Actor.setActorVar(tag_WardenBoss) or something like that and then use getPerson(tag_WardenBoss)
It's a newer and better method

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes