nakonnako

May 1, 2018
Don't forget, navmesh hasn't been implemented, so by the time v3.0 final is out, characters will walk to each other before talking so it will be more obvious then. It's only Beta 2 out of 5 updates.
I guess I need to wait for the final stuff, become commenting again then, haha.

btw, weird bug ....no npc showing up in a party, and this
1584798608364.png
lots of sit with ..without name

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

DOWNLOAD
Windows
(64-bit): MEGA - -
Windows (32-bit): MEGA - -
Linux: MEGA

Update Only:
(requires LifePlay 2.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit): MEGA - -
Windows (32-bit): MEGA - -
Linux: MEGA

Change Log:
This is the second update of the five-update v3.0 Interaction and AI Overhaul. It will get rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel of gameplay and move towards a truly 3d lifesim gaming experience:
- Taking any action with a building will now actually 'zoom in' to the building's interior (i.e. the interior presets added back in Beta 1) where you can see your character and NPCs doing things, i.e interacting with that building's furniture and other objects. There's a button to go back to the city map when you want to go somewhere else of course.
- Controllable full 3d camera for both normal interaction (i.e. taking an action with a building) & during any scenes triggered, so that gameplay can flow smoothly between a normal activity and a triggered scene. No more of the 'watching the city map & progress bar, interrupted by random visual novel bits' feel.
- Male and female poses & animations for many furniture & objects added so far in the game (sit on chairs, lie on beds, jog on treadmills, etc) so that characters don't just spawn inside the 3d building and stand there awkwardly.
- A few random NPCs spawning at any location you go to, doing random things, talking to random people and interacting with random objects. The sophisticated AI logic and dynamic NPC schedules will come in Beta 3 and 4.
- WIP stuffs and Transitional Issues as This Update Is Just the Second Part of the Wider Five-Update Overhaul: gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense. The scenes will no longer be 'visual novel-esque but instead blend smoothly with the normal interactions and the sex scenes, but because I will still have to go through the hundreds of existing lpscene scene scripts to add new API functions for things like headtracking and walking towards a certain character (will do this in Beta 3 or 4), some scenes may feel a bit 'awkward' for now (characters making wrong eye contact, characters teleporting in, etc). No navmesh (basically invisible pointers on the ground to tell the AI where it's safe to walk on) yet also, so characters will teleport between object interaction points for now with no walking in between yet. Not a huge variety of daily activity animations yet also, these will come in the future.
- The rest of the March commissions from patrons and contributors
- Bug fixes and other improvements

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for the update. i have 3 bugs. Please do not panic:

Indefinite While Loop 1.png
Add NPC Creates Invisible Clone.png
Everyone is Landlord and 33.png

In order:

Picture 1 is an indefinite while loop.
Picture 2 using add NPC creates an invisible clone of an existing person.
Picture 3 Whilst I am glad you fixed the bug where everyone was a mafia boss and 33 it would appear they have merely changed careers and everyone in game is now a Landlord and 33. (I'm not sure which is more terrifying!)

Hey don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure you will get it all running in the end.

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
I downloaded the test version & the contacts only show words now, the same like the number 2 picture of the above post. Is this fixed in the latest version? Good thing I made a copy for I can still play it without the update because not being able to see the contacts make it unplayable...

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Thank you for the update. i have 3 bugs. Please do not panic:

View attachment 593666
View attachment 593668
View attachment 593669

In order:

Picture 1 is an indefinite while loop.
Picture 2 using add NPC creates an invisible clone of an existing person.
Picture 3 Whilst I am glad you fixed the bug where everyone was a mafia boss and 33 it would appear they have merely changed careers and everyone in game is now a Landlord and 33. (I'm not sure which is more terrifying!)

Hey don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure you will get it all running in the end.
I can't reproduce any of these issues at all.
Try start a new game if any of these problems happen.
There are tons of changes in Beta 2, so maybe it's an issue with save game compatibility.
Either that or the bug in the release candidate broke your save somehow (say when the 33 thing happened the first time, if you saved, it's almost certain that the 33 thing has been saved too) which is carried over.
Or it could be mod-related (modders may have a creative way of using the generate function that I didn't think about when changing it for this update), try play just the official modules to see if any issues happen?
Also, do these start happening as soon as you start LifePlay.exe and load a save or only after certain amount of time of gameplay?

Last edited:

John123456

Jun 15, 2017
As it currently stands, I'm not absolutely huge on this game because pretty much everybody looks the same/very similar and find the gameplay a little limiting (that side might be much better with this update) but Jesus Christ has this developer made an absolutely unreal amount of progress in a relatively short amount of time. I may not actively play this, but I can't help but wish every dev whose projects are on this site were even half as dedicated as Vinfamy is to this.

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
OMG this new update looks really good, downloading now to try it :love:

EDIT: haven't been playing the update to long but it just came out so there is things that need to be fixed which is fine its to be expected with a new update for something, sitting at a bar not everyone is facing the right way( took career as doctor but my character is laying down on a patient bed and another doctor is standing on the weight check machine talking to me while staring at the wall) anyway still a good update, after all the little things get fixed it will be great

Last edited:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I can't reproduce any of these issues at all.
Try start a new game if any of these problems happen.
There are tons of changes in Beta 2, so maybe it's an issue with save game compatibility.
Either that or the bug in the release candidate broke your save somehow (say when the 33 thing happened the first time, if you saved, it's almost certain that the 33 thing has been saved too) which is carried over.
Or it could be mod-related (modders may have a creative way of using the generate function that I didn't think about when changing it for this update), try play just the official modules to see if any issues happen?
Also, do these start happening as soon as you start LifePlay.exe and load a save or only after certain amount of time of gameplay?
To be sure I deleted all none official mods and it still occurs. The issues do not occur straight away but do take time to manifest. Will do more searching and testing. Together we should be able to sort this. Teamwork.

I'll also start a completely new game just to test....

Actually I have now as of writing deleted all files, including wiping the recycle bin and I am downloading the full 1.6GB Lifeplay 3.0 Beta 2 file. I will see if the errors still occur.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
To be sure I deleted all none official mods and it still occurs. The issues do not occur straight away but do take time to manifest. Will do more searching and testing. Together we should be able to sort this. Teamwork.

I'll also start a completely new game just to test....

Actually I have now as of writing deleted all files, including wiping the recycle bin and I am downloading the full 1.6GB Lifeplay 3.0 Beta 2 file. I will see if the errors still occur.
try delete (backup first if you still want to try continue the saves) Users\{username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames too if it helps

D

Deleted member 2095329

The progress on this game is amazing, do you have experience in the industry?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
They are former skyrim modding buddies .. they do know a thing or two about making any game look better :)
do you have experience in the industry?
Look .. dev is modest and sweet .. but make no mistake .. quality is right his ally and we are in good hands with this game :)
The game itself isn't performance-intensive, but just the Unreal Engine already takes up a bit of resource. It's definitely more demanding than 2011 Skyrim, but should still be easier on the system than Skyrim Special Edition
I have a few Skyrim mods too (SexLab Kidnapped, SexLab Drunk and Dovahkiin's Infamy) but I came late to that scene (Dec 2015). I'm probably mostly known for my Fallout 4 mods and SexLab Light for Skyrim Special Edition
i've used this man's mods for skyrim/fallout this is awesome
back in their day, my Skyrim sex mods used to get 50-100k+ downloads easily)
I worked with Leito for the Fallout 4 animations and the animations for Sexlab Light SE is from 10+ different people). Here are my mods:
It's 2020 ... I haven't even played skyrim and fallout 4 since 2017. I retired from Bethesda modding as soon as Bethesda started the Creation Club with its forced updates that break Script Extender mods every few weeks
I was a modder myself for Skyrim and FO4 so I understand modders' need for a break sometimes
not in gaming particularly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2095329

not in gaming particularly, but I make a living as a freelance software developer so it's just the animating and 3d modeling aspects of game development that I had to learn when I started the project.
Ah, the work you do is amazing bro!

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
OMG this new update looks really good, downloading now to try it :love:

EDIT: haven't been playing the update to long but it just came out so there is things that need to be fixed which is fine its to be expected with a new update for something, sitting at a bar not everyone is facing the right way( took career as doctor but my character is laying down on a patient bed and another doctor is standing on the weight check machine talking to me while staring at the wall) anyway still a good update, after all the little things get fixed it will be great
"WIP stuffs and Transitional Issues as This Update Is Just the Second Part of the Wider Five-Update Overhaul: gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense "

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Right I've been playing a completely new game from my last post, new created character and so far no bugs.... will let you know when or if it happens again.

Reactions: Vinfamy

gypsytears

Aug 24, 2018
On the latest Beta with a new game started. I'm getting a bug where there are no NPCs shown when events take place. For example, I'll be working in the office and it goes normally but after some time in the game any new events/scenes that occur have no NPC shown. There are no names as well. It'll still say a pronoun when the scene describes what's happening but there is no name or NPC. It goes back to normal if I restart the game.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Dating Parent Bug.png

First bug on everything deleted, complete new game, new character, only official mods, no other mods at all. at girlfriends home writing creatively.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Some parts of the PYG mod don't work well now - some during sex scene it's just the street view, no seeing the characters. Bringing a ho back to her place is also just street view. Bringing an NPC back to her place (not PYG) there are unknown characters in the bedroom. Hopefully sb is back soon to look at it, too.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Okay, I still can't reproduce these issues for some reason but based on others' reports, it sounds like there's a problem with the game not resetting NPC slots and therefore 'running out' of slots to generate NPCs with after some time of gameplay (maybe it's dependent on mods or CPU speed too?), for now, whenever these scenes with no name NPC and indefinite while loop starts happening, simply quicksave and quickload (f5 then f9), it should reset the NPC slots and make everything fine again. Will need to investigate this further for Beta 3.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Cuck no name bug.png

yeah I got the name bug too, this was in the event where your girlfriend suggests you plow someone else, I scrolled down to Shelby, her best friend who i KNOW is into the Futa cock and it comes up with this.

At this point Vinfamy old chum I'll leave it here. I have faith that you will collect all these and find the reason behind it.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes