Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
yeah I got the name bug too, this was in the event where your girlfriend suggests you plow someone else, I scrolled down to Shelby, her best friend who i KNOW is into the Futa cock and it comes up with this.

At this point Vinfamy old chum I'll leave it here. I have faith that you will collect all these and find the reason behind it.
I know what it is. F5 and f9 should fix it.

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
search for cms
It's monthly, the call for April commissions is on right now on my Patreon - obviously they'll be made in April
cms just brings up UE asset files, which I don't know anything about - I meant the lpscene files. Since Icarus said that the four listed in that post were commissioned for Feb and put in March release, those are what I'm looking for (unless this 3.0b2 just now is the one that they've been added in).

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
cms just brings up UE asset files, which I don't know anything about - I meant the lpscene files. Since Icarus said that the four listed in that post were commissioned for Feb and put in March release, those are what I'm looking for (unless this 3.0b2 just now is the one that they've been added in).
search for cms in LifePlay/Content/Modules

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I know what it is. F5 and f9 should fix it.
True...the fact that when you click generate NPC it either clones or wont would lend weight to the idea that is is NPC generation. I can use the F keys yes but that is a temp measure at best. Look I'm supporting you, you are the captain of this ship but I still want it to sail. It might annoy people having to keep doing that so I'm looking forward to a more permanent solution which I know you will get eventually.

I've always supporters should do just that, support. So I've been playing longer than i initially planned and trying to find as much as I could to help. In the meantime I'm off to play the ruins of luxuria, just released on here. Toodles.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
True...the fact that when you click generate NPC it either clones or wont would lend weight to the idea that is is NPC generation. I can use the F keys yes but that is a temp measure at best. Look I'm supporting you, you are the captain of this ship but I still want it to sail. It might annoy people having to keep doing that so I'm looking forward to a more permanent solution which I know you will get eventually.

I've always supporters should do just that, support. So I've been playing longer than i initially planned and trying to find as much as I could to help. In the meantime I'm off to play the ruins of luxuria, just released on here. Toodles.
F5 and F9 will be the 'hotfix' until Beta 3 two weeks from now. It's a beta update as part of a wider overhaul, I don't think it's too much to ask from players to press two buttons every hour of gameplay (if that, I've been playing for three hours and still my game hasn't had any problems yet - obviously there are some mod / CPU latency factos here) or so.
I can't even reproduce the issue on my end right now so by the time I figure it out (it's probably one line of code hidden somewhere in the haystack and this is one of those extremely time consuming thing to test since you have to play for a while - in my case more than 3 hours apparently, to test if the bug is fixed or not after every change I try), most people already download the Beta 2 update - there's no point uploading a new update then (building all three platforms of the game and uploading them all uses up a whole day of development hours that should go towards Beta 3 instead). Asking players to press F5 and F9 once in a while as a fix and me continuing to work on Beta 3, which is released in two weeks and incorporates a permanent fix, is a much more efficient solution

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Just had a complete freezeup on "say goodbye to companion."
that scene is overwritten by "The New Goodbye" I believe. I would disable that mod for now. Too many changes in Beta 2 - I need time to work with modders for backward compatibility and add new API functions etc

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
"WIP stuffs and Transitional Issues as This Update Is Just the Second Part of the Wider Five-Update Overhaul: gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense "
Ya understand, i was hating, in fact i really like the update, keep up the good work can't wait to see more updates like this in the future.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
that scene is overwritten by "The New Goodbye" I believe. I would disable that mod for now. Too many changes in Beta 2 - I need time to work with modders for backward compatibility and add new API functions etc
Yep, was an infinite loop there. Didn't happen with 1st play where MC is male. 2nd play MC is female and pregnant. Maybe that means something? Modders might need to update.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Yep, was an infinite loop there. Didn't happen with 1st play where MC is male. 2nd play MC is female and pregnant. Maybe that means something? Modders might need to update.
the aim by the release of 3.0 Stable early May is that 'modders can and are recommended to update using new API functions for optimal compatibility with the new systems, but even if they don't, the mod will stay playable'
I can't expect every modders to update - I have to make an effort myself in terms of backward compatibility.
For example, the street background thing for PYG you mentioned I can probably code a backward compatibility system that deals with stuffs like that in Beta 3, not forcing sexybastardo to update

Reactions: MattShizzle

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Hopefully the problem with The New Goodbye can be done the same. sb apparently is too busy with work or something.

Tavern

May 16, 2019
Vinfamy, I'm not looking for an immediate fix or an explanation, but if you could confirm you are aware of the the clustering I'd appreciate it.

dommatt87

Dec 11, 2018
As promised I want to share the LifePlay Launcher / Mod Manager with you.
It is a stand alone launcher (32/64 Bit .NET) for LifePlay. Just put it next to the LifePlay.exe in your game directory.
It can install, update and manage LifePlay modules and addons like character and room presets.

See screens for more...

View attachment 545893

View attachment 545892

Current Version: 1.4.1
Download:
Documentation:

Technical details:
It will download the mods repository from
It can install and update mods, character packs and room presets. (LifePlay Updates and more content planned for further versions.)

If you find any bugs or got any suggestions please report them here, on github or on LifePlay's Discord server. Thanks.
Planned Features / Known bugs:

If you want your Mod / Character Pack / Room Presets added to the repo contact me. You can get commit access on the repo or I can add them for you.
it keeps saying my game is not up to date and it is but still refuses to work

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes