MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
"Pimp companion out" isn't working properly. It often has nothing happen and that shouldn't happen with the Pimp Your Girl mod. Even if nothing it should have "looks like nobody's interested" and that should be much more rare. It also takes very long for rooms to load, and even longer for people other than the PC and companion.

Reactions: brigade29

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
"Pimp companion out" isn't working properly. It often has nothing happen and that shouldn't happen with the Pimp Your Girl mod. Even if nothing it should have "looks like nobody's interested" and that should be much more rare. It also takes very long for rooms to load, and even longer for people other than the PC and companion.
The whole point is the game isn't frozen while the room loads and an actor gets generated, you can take actions while the room is gradually loading in the background - don't have to sit there and wait, much better than freezing the game for a few seconds every time you change location.
Assets take time to load, loading time is mostly file size and hardware related. Optimizing loading is more to do with making loading the least disruptive possible.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
- Bugs: Though I do still notice some bugs. For example, one of my first actions was to go to the bank and manage finances. After doing that action, I began to interact with an NPC and was interrupted by another event. During the event, the new NPC did not appear but the original NPC I was interacting with duplicated within the interior. Not game breaking but I didn't expect to see it. Another bug I noticed is that some stats will change after initially changing them. For example, I spawned in my sister, changed her appearance and stats. After changing them, I would go in to make sure they remained the same. The usual suspects that would change include the age (in stats) and last name and sexual preferences (in appearance).
This is more of a WIP than a bug. I haven't implemented dynamically getting current location's actors on screen for scenes yet so you get two copies of the same actor for now if a scene involving the actor triggers while the actor is already in the same room as you and original stats get saved again when you move location. This will be implemented in 3.0 Stable
On performance, note that each clothes and furniture asset only needs loading once per session (i.e. open LifePlay.exe) so the first 10-15 minutes of gameplay will perform less well than the rest. The performance improvement you've seen might not actually be from Central Bath (which should only affect FPS in map view, not really much impact on 3d location view), but from assets now loaded in memory,

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Noticed the "all new NPCs are white" bug is gone, and now when characters generate inside objects for sex scenes, etc they get moved to empty space.

Reactions: srg91

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
The new updates kicks ass but as of now the Create NPC Relationship is broken with the new updates as it has multiple same characters! This is a great mod & hope it gets fixed when beta 5 gets done
Will be taking another look at whats broken in my mods this week. If everything is now functioning as it should I will start making fixes.

Reactions: R0y

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Can you add in-game function (button or something) to edit event timeout (when it started).I just want to avoid some boring events. I can edit it in txt, but it reset after update.I think the easiest way edit in game and reload modules.
A possible alternative to what Vinfamy suggests which I also do is to have a separate modules folder, in that duplicate modules folder edit the scenes you want and then whenever you install an update afterwards overwrite the update module folder with your own module folder.

So like this:

Right now you have Lifeplay/content/modules and in that module folder is all the modules containing scenes like Vin_Base, Vin_Beast etc etc. Copy that folder called Modules with all that in. Paste it somewhere. Edit the scenes in that folder.

When you install and update let it overwrite your main game, THEN overwrite using your scene folder. It will give you your edited scenes in game while still giving you the new ones.

I do this at the moment as I have altered dialogue and conditional statements within the scenes to make it more to my tastes.

Last edited:
Reactions: xsmaks

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Vinfamy
I know this dropped here but when is the finale beta 5 coming, that is when I will try this out again.
Thank you for your time.

(Does not have to be the exact day just around the time frame.)

Peritomato

Dec 6, 2018
So i just have this situation, how can i rotate this wall? i don't know how the wall got rotated, and as you can see i dont have option ro change its rotation, is this a bug?

1587273819031.png

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
- Performance: London is still pretty laggy on my setup, opted to play on the Central Bath map. Highly, highly recommend playing on Central Bath.
The extra map Stockholm works nicely as well, been using it for the last few patches.

Vinfamy Might be worth doing a cleanup of the extra maps shared folder. A majority of them are currently unplayable-bugged. Texture errors/few building spots and/or cause extreme lag. I went through all of the maps <100mb size and out of around 140 only 10-15 of them produced at least a somewhat playable map, with only a handful being able to contend against Bath in terms of performance and layout.

• Love
Reactions: brigade29

Cralbert

Mar 8, 2018
Do the dicks still clip through the models in this or is that fixed? Haven't played this in a long time because of that reason..

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I created a character, but how do I have sex (start a sex scene)?
Fins someone, make sure they are interested in you, date them etc etc eventually you get a sex scene. It's why it's called 'Lifeplay'. if you want a quick one though simply be at home and in actions select 'hire a hooker'.

Reactions: a1fox3

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Can you add in-game function (button or something) to edit event timeout (when it started).I just want to avoid some boring events. I can edit it in txt, but it reset after update.I think the easiest way edit in game and reload modules.
Which events were you thinking of?

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes