Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Btw @Vinfamy, is possible to see your child to grow up and as part of your family tree/contacts in future updates? Also if its possible to travel or move to another parts of the world? It will be really cool without the need to start new character and just transfer your character to new location. (added bonus to a whole new "Foreigner in a new place" scenario)
It's already possible to move to another city mid-game. Esc > Move City
On child grow-up, I'll look into it for 1.10 - there would need to be a setting option for child growth duration multiplier (like pregnancy duration) I think because I doubt anyone actually plays a save for more than 18 years in game. For now, you can manually add a son/ daughter in the Contacts menu a while after giving birth.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

Leonxwerty

Donor
Nov 14, 2017
On child grow-up, I'll look into it for 1.10 - there would need to be a setting option for child growth duration multiplier (like pregnancy duration) I think because I doubt anyone actually plays a save for more than 18 years in game. For now, you can manually add a son/ daughter in the Contacts menu a while after giving birth.
Hmm doesn't seem to pop up for me, oh well, just gonna re-download it start fresh.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You know, you could take some inspiration from "the sims" in this regard. Like you can have events that will define what kind of person your offspring will shape into. Like if you a good parent they turn into a nice person and if you a bad one they can get some challenges in life :p Then can do a "time leap/jump" to progress time where the player doesn't have to play through x number of years manualy. But would have the chance to decide when the jump to happen. Probably should be in stages though.... Like infant to 1st grader or so, to early teens to 18 yr...

How long someone want to play the game will change over time I believe with more events and things to do get added to the game.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

The 38 new maps are meant for the upcoming v1.9. Therefore, in order for them to work with the current version v1.8 right away, you'll also need .

Full list:
  1. Oulu
  2. Tampere
  3. Melbourne
  4. Invercargill
  5. Freeport
  6. Shanghai
  7. Boston
  8. Seattle
  9. Portland
  10. San Antonio
  11. San Diego
  12. Jacksonville
  13. Columbus
  14. Charlotte
  15. Denver
  16. Washington DC
  17. Memphis
  18. Baltimore
  19. Minneapolis
  20. Kansas
  21. Omaha
  22. Salt Lake
  23. Leeds
  24. Sheffield
  25. Manchester
  26. Liverpool
  27. Glasgow
  28. Edinburgh
  29. Cardiff
  30. Belfast
  31. Hamburg
  32. Munich
  33. Frankfurt
  34. Cologne
  35. Bonn
  36. Calgary
  37. Edmonton
  38. Quebec City
Keep your requests coming! :)

Reactions: nvm and AnonF21
Apr 6, 2018
It would be nice if you add Madrid to the city list, but no pression :)

By the way, are you planning on adding male body hair? It adds a lot of realism (and hotness) for me.

And thanks for answering all our questions and for making this great game.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
It would be nice if you add Madrid to the city list, but no pression :)

By the way, are you planning on adding male body hair? It adds a lot of realism (and hotness) for me.

And thanks for answering all our questions and for making this great game.
Yes I will definitely add body hair options for male. But this will be after I upgrade the character models themselves.
I have added Madrid to the request list. It will almost certainly make the next batch of map releases - just realized and can't believe Barcelona is the only map done from Spain so far. I will prob add Valencia and Seville too for good measure in the next batch.

OmegaUltima

Sep 15, 2017
Yes I will definitely add body hair options for male. But this will be after I upgrade the character models themselves.
I have added Madrid to the request list. It will almost certainly make the next batch of map releases - just realized and can't believe Barcelona is the only map done from Spain so far. I will prob add Valencia and Seville too for good measure in the next batch.
I'm almost tempted to try and (selfishly) request my home town on a map; I know it'd never happen, of course >.>

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'm almost tempted to try and (selfishly) request my home town on a map; I know it'd never happen, of course >.>
Go ahead. I already completed all past requests with the last batch. The request list for the next batch currently only has like 2-3 cities so far ...
I've done small towns that people requested too: Places like Mykolaiv, Invercargill, Freeport, Branson and Bath aren't exactly big cities. Note however that small towns are unlikely to have a lot of data on OpenStreetMap (it's a volunteer project after all, aint Google Maps), so you can expect to get a lot of ? buildings and probably have to use the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' feature of the game.

@achmeed: What do you mean by 'improve' exactly?

achmeed

Mar 4, 2017
Go ahead. I already completed all past requests with the last batch. The request list for the next batch currently only has like 2-3 cities so far ...
I've done small towns that people requested too: Places like Mykolaiv, Invercargill, Freeport, Branson and Bath aren't exactly big cities. Note however that small towns are unlikely to have a lot of data on OpenStreetMap (it's a volunteer project after all, aint Google Maps), so you can expect to get a lot of ? buildings and probably have to use the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' feature of the game.

@achmeed: What do you mean by 'improve' exactly?
I mean like thicker girth some men have monster in their pants....

Shannon809

Sleepyhead
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
My game keeps crashing and the pop-up message says:
"LowLevelFatalError
[File: D :\Build\++UE4+Release-4.18+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHl\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

I have disabled all overclocks and have checked my GPU driver and Windows Update but this error still persists. Does anyone know how I could fix this issue?

PC Specs:
i7-8700K 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1080Ti

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
My game keeps crashing and the pop-up message says:
"LowLevelFatalError
[File: D :\Build\++UE4+Release-4.18+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHl\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

I have disabled all overclocks and have checked my GPU driver and Windows Update but this error still persists. Does anyone know how I could fix this issue?

PC Specs:
i7-8700K 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1080Ti
First report of this problem I've received so I'm not entirely sure here I'm afraid but from my searches on the Unreal Engine forum, try:
- Run \Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x86/64.exe
- Check that you don't have conflicts with other application tweaking/boosting DirectX. NVidia's live game recording should also be turned off (NVidia Share aka Shadowplay)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I have same "bug". When I go out with my daughter, she introduces me to her siblings.
Thanks both for reporting this bug. This has been fixed for v1.9. I just forgot to add a condition in the scene to exclude relatives.

huhula

Oct 1, 2017
I found a bug in "family_peeps_shower.lpscene", on line "Sex(Peeping, Actor)". When the scene happens, there is only a "peeping one" but the player's character does not appear.

Other bug is in date rape. Often starts lgbt rape scene even when the values do not match this scene. For example, playing man, only interested in women, on a date with woman interested only in men and after action "attempt rape" start lgbt version "she is not interested in men...". It does not always happen but outside of bars or nightclubs (sometimes even in there), it is very often.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes