NoSimpZone

Nov 4, 2018
When ever i try to go into my save it doesn't work(my character gets replaced by the default char and all my contacts disappear, im not even sure if my saves are playable.) any time i close the game my saves become corrupted, can anyone help me?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy
Sorry but Modding could really do with some TLC. Stat management etc is fine but scenes are just dead.
I can put work into backgrounds, I can make npc's and try to set a scene up to tell a story.
But at the end of the day I just get npc's randomly walking around the scene I made doing nonsensical stuff.
Without the ability to pose and hopefully animate things, the graphics are mostly pointless.
If anything they detract from what I am trying to do.
If you take my landlord mod as an example, you show a potential tenant around an apartment. You go in the main room the tenant starts having a meal, you show them the bathroom they spay on deodorant, the bedroom they go to sleep.
It's just random actions that actual break the story I am trying and tell.
I dont want to sound negative, but it's just so infuriating close to being something extremly good, but currently we dont have the tools to do the job properly.
Let me show the story I am telling, Let me control the actions, you have the reasources, poses and animations, let's use them!
Simple markers in rooms, that we can place when building a room, could be used to set actor's to specific locations.
An lpscene command to run an animation on a specific npc, would mean I could show an actual story, instead of having to type it and make believe.

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
Anyone know where the clothing options have been going? I only have the base 3.8 version and yet every new game I make the clothes seem to lessen. I don't even have the shoe options now :( I haven't discarded any of the clothings.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 28, 2019
When ever i try to go into my save it doesn't work(my character gets replaced by the default char and all my contacts disappear, im not even sure if my saves are playable.) any time i close the game my saves become corrupted, can anyone help me?
Sound like you are missing some save data - in particular the *.lpcharacter files that should be saved to the ~/LifePlay/Content/Saves/1/Characters/ folder (replace 1 with save slot used).

Probably a permissions issue on your operating system - assuming it's windows try moving the LifePlay folder outside of the Progam Files folder (good) or running the game with Admin rights (dodgy but should work).

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018
Is there a way to increase the chance of having twins/triplets, or is it at random? Because I have been impregnating women like crazy, and no luck.

Daijena

Jul 1, 2018
I can't install it, constantly says "writing mistake error" tho I have no idea what it measn with that :p

NoSimpZone

Nov 4, 2018
Sound like you are missing some save data - in particular the *.lpcharacter files that should be saved to the ~/LifePlay/Content/Saves/1/Characters/ folder (replace 1 with save slot used).

Probably a permissions issue on your operating system - assuming it's windows try moving the LifePlay folder outside of the Progam Files folder (good) or running the game with Admin rights (dodgy but should work).
it looks like i dont have a /Saves/ file? should i make a new one and put it in there?

also how do you run lifeplay as administrator(im right clicking it but i dont see that option)

Jul 28, 2019
it looks like i dont have a /Saves/ file? should i make a new one and put it in there?

also how do you run lifeplay as administrator(im right clicking it but i dont see that option)
The Saves folder is created when the game is first successfully saved. It won't help to create one manually since the fact that it is missing shows that the save is not happening properly.

Not sure about lack of an option to run it as admin but I agree that it is strange not to appear as an option. Best suggestion I have is to grab the entire game folder and put it directly on your C:drive, that should get around needing admin permissions.

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v3-8-vinfamy.11321/page-300#post-3465823 There you go. It's old but should still work, I should probably update it.

Failing that for ANYONE who wants to change the scenes download Notepad ++, go into lifeplay/content/modules and find the scenes, if you right click on a scene you should get an option to 'open with notepad +'. from there it's just changing numbers around, or changing the text. I'll post a guide below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vinfamy my good old chum, if it may not be too much trouble might this be linked under the 'spoilers' on the main page, for those that may wish to get into changing things about? Hurrah and cheerio mate. :)
Sorry, my bad - I have the basics (snipped out of that post) nailed down, and I had my own set of scenes with edited conditions/probabilities/timeouts that I used to paste over the stock ones every time I downloaded and unpacked, like what you're suggesting there - my tired brain just thought that you had a mod that let them be toggled to override stock scenes without overwriting them. Sorry for the hassle!

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

As you know, I was forced to replace my laptop recently and v3.7 was the last LifePlay update that was worked on and built using my old laptop. I can confirm that the process of moving everything across to my new laptop and getting the development environment set up has been successful. I have successfully built v3.8 again using the new laptop and from my testing of the 64 bit and 32 bit versions, they're working as expected, no difference at all from the v3.8 official releases built from the old laptop. Most importantly, I can confirm that LifePlay v3.8 built from the new laptop is compatible with all the old saves and the existing optional maps you have downloaded from the Mega folder, which was my main worry.
The one thing I can't test myself though is the Linux version of the game. So if you're a Linux user, I would be great if you can help me test and confirm whether it's working as expected.
Once the Linux build is confirmed to be working as expected, this would mean "business as usual" for the project and I can begin working on v3.9 on the new laptop right away. In fact, it's better than "business as usual" because the new laptop performs much better, for example, compile and build time seems to have been reduced by half, so I can work on the game more efficiently.

Jul 28, 2019

[snip]
Seems fine to me too. Started a new game, created a character and played a little on the Bath map, no unusual problems. Then copied over one of my old game saves + personal presets (characters, map, rooms) and played for a while again without unexpected issues - and even a couple of the old 'expected' ones were gone. (y)

Reactions: Vinfamy

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Question about TF game - does this only represent a game where life is experienced from a genderbent perspective, or can the change at some story point be reversed? If yes, what triggers that?

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes