Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Okay, I need help.
In this folder are some of my custom scenes.
But for whatever reason they are not working right.
Example
"Nude_sibling" just runs the code from top down and choices don't matter.
"neighbour_Shower broke" skip lines of code or runs all and choices don't matter.
"family_movie_sex_scene2" & "family_morning_wood2" can't trigger scene

At first I was just using notepad and have since changed to notepad++
What am I missing or doing wrong?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Okay, I need help.
Example
"neighbour_Shower broke" skip lines of code or runs all and choices don't matter.

To start with, you have left Tabs in this breaks scenes. before save in 'notepad++/Edit/Blank operations/Tab to space' then save

Reactions: srg91

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ravenger6660
Test this! View attachment Nude_Sibling.7z
Ok that probabily wont work either, put a space line after then menu code EG:
0:: "Sure I'll give it a try."
1:: "No, thank you."

If 0

Everything else looks right, but havnt got time to run it.
FYI: There are two files in 'LifePlay\Docs\Modding'
LEAVE_EMPTY_LINE_AFTER_SCENE_OPTIONS.txt
and
USE_SPACES_NOT_TABS_FOR_INDENTATION - Copy.txt
Also for more info check out 'LifePlay\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\meet_random\TEST.lpscene'

Last edited:

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
Okay, I need help.
Example

You need a blank line after choices. You're missing a quote in neighbour_shower broke and you are timing out the wrong scene. You've got unnecessary curly braces. I'm sure there's more errors in there. Recheck everything. And just to make sure, when you say they don't trigger do the actually not trigger or are you just not seeing them? You can't be absolutely sure they aren't triggering correctly unless you get the game in a state where they can be executed and then force trigger them. If nothing happens then you know they aren't actually triggering. Also, there's a language lexer for notepad++ provided in the files. If you're using notepad++ may as well install it if you haven't already.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
For those not on Patreon, Vinfamy posted a few hours back that 3.8 should be up within 24 hours (which would be less than 18 hours from now.) Early morning tomorrow for those of us in the Eastern Time Zone.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
You madman! You actually did it! You put my commission in the game, I didn't think you would! I like how you put the scene as only triggering if a random roll from 0 - 10000 is less than 1. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But don't worry I did an edit and the chance is now 1 in 100. I'm helpful like that. P.s. No malice intended I just like to have a laugh, genuinely didn't think you would do it, happy to be proved wrong. Anyone wanting the edit it's attached to this post.

Aug 22, 2018
Does anyone else have weird bugs with 3.8?
- Many times switching from interior to map view just doesnt work
- Sex Scenes would stop animating after a few seconds as well as resetting the position (when animating on bed the actors will clip down into the floor)
- Sex scenes refuse to accept vertical adjustments making point 2 impossible to fix manually.

I'm trying a fresh install now but that's what I got with the update file.

Update: OK, its the 3.8 update only file that somehow messed up my game. Downloading the 3.8 full and just overwriting everything has fixed my problems. Weird...

Last edited:

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
I'm new again here.
It is better to start with small city? And what are the best 3 or 5 mods to install for newbie?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I'm new again here.
It is better to start with small city? And what are the best 3 or 5 mods to install for newbie?
yes start with a small city, the city makes no difference to the game, you wont see almost any of it anyway.
Mods. start with No mods, most of the mods are outdated and will introduce bugs to the main game, best learn how to play it first.

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
Hey Apo_Icarus, I ended up having to fully reinstall LP without having my "scenes but with changed conditions/timeouts" backups on hand - and instead of continuing to do that jankily each update (and end up overwriting any edits to scenes that might have come along), I remembered that you put together a mod that would do that instead. I can't seem to find the post, though - don't suppose you have it to hand?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Hey Apo_Icarus, I ended up having to fully reinstall LP without having my "scenes but with changed conditions/timeouts" backups on hand - and instead of continuing to do that jankily each update (and end up overwriting any edits to scenes that might have come along), I remembered that you put together a mod that would do that instead. I can't seem to find the post, though - don't suppose you have it to hand?
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v3-8-vinfamy.11321/page-300#post-3465823 There you go. It's old but should still work, I should probably update it.

Failing that for ANYONE who wants to change the scenes download Notepad ++, go into lifeplay/content/modules and find the scenes, if you right click on a scene you should get an option to 'open with notepad +'. from there it's just changing numbers around, or changing the text. I'll post a guide below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vinfamy my good old chum, if it may not be too much trouble might this be linked under the 'spoilers' on the main page, for those that may wish to get into changing things about? Hurrah and cheerio mate. :)

Reactions: Villenia

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Problem with small cities is if you don't do the thing to make random buildings into something you can use there won't be a lot of things.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes