Xiv2

May 1, 2021
Bugs that cause CTD or freezing up definitely need fixing.
I can only make this Game to freeze, when starting out on an big Map like Vancouver, and than on the Map selection i create set random Buildings to 20% Chance for each Building type.
I could start an Character on that Map, once it was saved and than loaded, LifePlay was taking all of my RAM, wich is not normal, and never happened without crazy settings when setting up the Map.
Besides that Lifeplay is Rock Solid on my end, no Crashes, Freezes or anything like that.
Could it be that it`s yust an outdated Mod that is acting up here?

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
why others dont do such a stable and monthly updates like vinfamy...
better get money for nothing then make your projects better...

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
All the clothing on all characters (NPC OR PC) are clipping. Is this something normal or am I missing something?

hero357159

Apr 14, 2021
All the clothing on all characters (NPC OR PC) are clipping. Is this something normal or am I missing something?
Please read the patch notes when you download, or even just 3 posts up it is explained.

Beta 3 was a clothing/morph rework so that clothing fits better. This does NOT affect old clothing as it will all be removed, so all NPCs will have lots of clipping now since they only spawn with old clothes. In this current version Female PCs wearing new clothing items will look good on almost every body shape as the stretching is much better than before, but everything else will look bad. If you are very concerned about it, you can add new clothing items to NPCs through the Add to Inventory menu and they will wear it.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Man I wish Sex just had an orgasm button.

Changing the stats to have a higher base avoids lesbians hating lesbian positions (lol) but sometimes I'm just trying to get someone pregnant.

Reactions: srg91

straydogg

May 9, 2017
Also awfully lot heterosexual males hate vaginal penetration. I mean, come on.
you can go to sex prefences and change the stat minimum so it is not -100 and change the ones you want to a plus ie; +40 or to what ever you please they are all in vinBase;), also can do for all stats this will keep the stats in the positive side when the game generates new ppl

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: srg91 and croatia69

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

This is the fourth of the five updates making up the v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul and the second update focusing on Clothes in the overhaul. It's very similar to what was done in Beta 3, just even more in quantity.
- 200+ new female clothing items
- Notably, compared to Beta 3, the Beta 4 batch of female clothes have a lot more of those with the "Partial Undress' state available
- 200+ new male clothing items
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 15 May

Note since this is a beta update, part of a larger overhaul:
- Even after tons of clothes have been added in Beta 3 & Beta 4, there is still a smaller but more selective batch of around 100 items to be added in v4.0 Stable, focusing on uniforms, ceremonial / religious attire, and accessories. Basically, for Beta 3 & Beta 4, I simply went down the list of assets I have collected, so most of what's been added are just everyday clothes. In v4.0 Stable, I'll review what's still missing and seek out the specific pieces that the game still needs for its different building types, jobs, scenes and ethnicities. Also, I have deliberately avoided jewellery and other accessories so far in Beta 3 & 4 because they must be rigged, morph-transfered and tagged a bit differently from normal clothes, so I leave them for v4.0 Stable to do all in one go for efficiency.
- Also, all the logic to use all the new clothes for NPCs (which piece should go with which to avoid clipping, what to wear for which location, etc) will come in v4.0 Stable. Therefore, for now, just like in Beta 3, all the new clothes are just for the player character to try on. NPCs still use the old clothes, which clip horribly because of all the new character morphs added in Beta 1 & 2. Don't worry though, Beta 4 is the final update these clipping-friendly old clothes even stay in the game files as they will all be cleared out in v4.0 Stable to save space while the NPCs embrace the new clothes with all the logic added.
- After Beta 3 & 4 & Final, the total number of clothing items in the base game would be over 800, which is plenty. Still, this doesn't mean that I will no longer add any more clothes ever again in the future. So if there's some specific clothing piece you have in mind that didn't make it in these 800 added during the v4.0 overhaul, don't worry. In the future, once every few months, I will dedicate one update for a new batch of clothes, and these updates will come in the form of easy-to-install & version-neutral optional downloads (just like the optional maps) as I don't want to keep increasing the base game's download size. The best thing about these being available as optional downloads is that I won't have to be as stingy with polycount and texture resolution for them as I had to be with the 800+ items in the base game, since it won't matter how heavy or performance-intensive these optional clothes end up being since the player gets to pick and choose how many and which they want used in their own game. Basically, these will be "High Definition Clothes Free DLCs".

May 5, 2019
Yet more issues that can be solved short term:

- Sex scenes should start within the proper context of the situation. Dominant partners should already be in charge. Clothes should be in on or off states. This would require a bit of new writing to events, but that's what it requires, because it's currently that bad.

- Gateway events such as youtube channels and other things should not be appearing by random chance, as it makes them appear too often. The event system in general requires more work, and many events require a rewrite or substantially more work.

I understand the current focus is on character customization - let's talk about that:

I am going to say this yet again - characters should be able to change through in-game efforts. All characters. There should be reasons in game to do this, and the technology is there, and the feature that is supposed to support this currently does not work.

You should want to have workout buddies to get stronger or look better. There should be methods to get breast enhancement, liposuction, or some other in game access to appearance menus. The toggle for stats to body should work, it should apply to everyone or be separated out for player control.

This should be done as soon as the clothing update is finished.

Reactions: xvi

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
Over 800 clothes in the final release?! I went crazy just with the beta 3 clothes! Can't wait for that! :p
Also, I loved the idea of optional downloads for new clothes. It's perfect for that!
Incredible job, Vin! :)

Reactions: GNFNNVCN
Aug 8, 2017
The best thing about these being available as optional downloads is that I won't have to be as stingy with polycount and texture resolution for them as I had to be with the 800+ items in the base game, since it won't matter how heavy or performance-intensive these optional clothes end up being since the player gets to pick and choose how many and which they want used in their own game. Basically, these will be "High Definition Clothes Free DLCs".
How difficult would it be to have lower poly / smaller texture version in the base game and override them with higher poly / larger texture versions in optional downloads?

Also, I'm a little surprised how much you're leaving for v4.0 Stable, rather than fitting another Beta release in, even if the last one only gets a week before getting frozen as a Stable version.

DeyoZero

Jul 9, 2020
When doing a modeling photo shoot, sometimes the photographer tries to seduce my character. When I go along with it, there are only a few positions available - one choking and a couple of femdom. Is this expected? Is there a way to open up the options a bit?

Goibniu

Aug 5, 2016
When doing a modeling photo shoot, sometimes the photographer tries to seduce my character. When I go along with it, there are only a few positions available - one choking and a couple of femdom. Is this expected? Is there a way to open up the options a bit?
It seems to have a Filter(NonSexual) on it. The way the scene is written implies kissing only and there is a Kissing filter. Maybe that didn't exist when it was written. In order to change it you need to either edit the scenes in vin_base/scenes/modeling or better yet do an mod and overwrite them. I've included a half-assed mod that simply removes the filter on sex.

1. extract and place 'overwrite' in the LifePlay/Content/Modules directory
2. load up game and enable the mod via the esc menu while make sure it's on the bottom of the list.
3. save game after mod is enabled (not 100% if this is needed)
4. restart game and the overwrite should work (this is 100% needed)
5. verify this by hovering over the 'emergency' button and look for overwrite in the path

I did the bare minimal of testing and didn't happen to trigger the conditions needed during a shoot but it should work fine.

Reactions: DeyoZero

DeyoZero

Jul 9, 2020
It seems to have a Filter(NonSexual) on it. The way the scene is written implies kissing only and there is a Kissing filter. Maybe that didn't exist when it was written. In order to change it you need to either edit the scenes in vin_base/scenes/modeling or better yet do an mod and overwrite them. I've included a half-assed mod that simply removes the filter on sex.

1. extract and place 'overwrite' in the LifePlay/Content/Modules directory
2. load up game and enable the mod via the esc menu while make sure it's on the bottom of the list.
3. save game after mod is enabled (not 100% if this is needed)
4. restart game and the overwrite should work (this is 100% needed)
5. verify this by hovering over the 'emergency' button and look for overwrite in the path

I did the bare minimal of testing and didn't happen to trigger the conditions needed during a shoot but it should work fine.
It works perfectly, thank you for the solution and for the explanation!

Reactions: Goibniu

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
Hi!
There's some odd behaviour I found in my game:
Wife gets pregnant by other man, never tells husband (MC) she is pregnant. At birth she "announces it on facebook" as if she was an acquaintance.

I would expect something more developed (trying to hide it, some drama, etc). Is it normal or did I run into a bug? Thanks!

Jan 15, 2018
Hi!
There's some odd behaviour I found in my game:
Wife gets pregnant by other man, never tells husband (MC) she is pregnant. At birth she "announces it on facebook" as if she was an acquaintance.

I would expect something more developed (trying to hide it, some drama, etc). Is it normal or did I run into a bug? Thanks!
That's hot.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
That's normal as the child's father is not the player.
Depends on how she got pregnant was it legit sneaking around or did they have an Open Relationship. Did she pregnant from any Swinging events that you let them participant in.
There is a revenge scenario in case she was just sneaking around if the other man has a wife/girlfriend if it triggers you'll go try to knock up the other man's wife/girlfriend. But at the same time if you knocked up another man's wife/girlfriend first they can come and try to knock up your wife/girlfriend.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes