Aug 8, 2017
Hi!
There's some odd behaviour I found in my game:
Wife gets pregnant by other man, never tells husband (MC) she is pregnant. At birth she "announces it on facebook" as if she was an acquaintance.

I would expect something more developed (trying to hide it, some drama, etc). Is it normal or did I run into a bug? Thanks!
That's currently how the game works. The game figures out which scene to run according to whether the player is giving birth, the player is the father, or the player is not involved.

I've been slowly working on overhauling those scenes so the logic better fits what happens (in your example, the kid would be your stepchild and live with you (assuming your wife does)). However, writing new verbiage hasn't been a priority for me, so it still uses the vanilla text.

Reactions: chwX

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Hi!
There's some odd behaviour I found in my game:
Wife gets pregnant by other man, never tells husband (MC) she is pregnant. At birth she "announces it on facebook" as if she was an acquaintance.

I would expect something more developed (trying to hide it, some drama, etc). Is it normal or did I run into a bug? Thanks!
I saw this post & I think to myself. "I should fix that."

NPC_discovers_pregnancy_neutral
NPC_discovers_pregnancy_neutral_Extra {Just so it triggers more often. If needed.}
(New fix) If you are dating impregnated actor & you are not the father. You have some choices to make.
1. Was dating raped?
_a. Love
_b. Kill rapist
_c. revenge fuck rapist's girl
_d. Leave (You heartless bastard!)
2. Did dating rape someone?
_a. Okay
_b. Nope, I'm out
3. Are you in an open relationship
_a. It happens
4. They cheated!
_a. Love
_b. Kill all
_c. Leave

NPC_gives_birth_neutral {If child is claimed by player, then normal birth options}
NPC_gives_birth_neutral_extra {Just so it triggers more often. If needed.}

Goibniu

Aug 5, 2016
Just want to give a heads up to anyone else dicking around with modding: executing a script via the console seems to result in the If conditions from WHO and OTHER being ignored. WHAT, WHERE, and WHEN also get ignored but that seems a bit logical for debugging. Hopefully this saves someone else from pulling their hair out.

oldtaku

Apr 3, 2018
when are teeth going to be addressed? am i the only one who finds it off putting?
i don't care if they game never gets any better looking in any other way, but the teeth in game are currently disgusting.

pictured: the teeth teeth.png

Reactions: cuverschaap

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
So for these new 4.0 updates is anyone else having issues with body types? I got bodybuilder and bodybuilder size both at 100 and everything else at 0 but none really have those standards, just random bodies.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
4b4.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -
Update Only:
No Update Only downloads available for the 5 updates in April and May (would be pointless anyway since the v4.0 Overhaul involves modifying and replacing the game's heaviest files constantly). Just use the full downloads above instead. Old saves are compatible just fine though. Update Only downloads will be back for v4.1 and the updates after that.

Change Log:
This is the fourth of the five updates making up the v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul and the second update focusing on Clothes in the overhaul. It's very similar to what was done in Beta 3, just even more in quantity.
- 285 new female clothing items, taking the total number of female clothes added during this overhaul so far to 591
- Notably, compared to Beta 3, the Beta 4 batch of female clothes have a lot more of those with the "Partial Undress' state available
- 204 new male clothing items

Note since this is a beta update, part of a larger overhaul:
- Even after tons of clothes have been added in Beta 3 & Beta 4, there is still a smaller but more selective batch of around 100 items to be added in v4.0 Stable, focusing on uniforms, ceremonial / religious attire, and accessories. Basically, for Beta 3 & Beta 4, I simply went down the list of assets I have collected, so most of what's been added are just everyday clothes. In v4.0 Stable, I'll review what's still missing and seek out the specific pieces that the game still needs for its different building types, jobs, scenes and ethnicities. Also, I have deliberately avoided jewellery and other accessories so far in Beta 3 & 4 because they must be rigged, morph-transfered and tagged a bit differently from normal clothes, so I leave them for v4.0 Stable to do all in one go for efficiency.
- Also, all the logic to use all the new clothes for NPCs (which piece should go with which to avoid clipping, what to wear for which location, etc) will come in v4.0 Stable. Therefore, for now, just like in Beta 3, all the new clothes are just for the player character to try on. NPCs still use the old clothes, which clip horribly because of all the new character morphs added in Beta 1 & 2. Don't worry though, Beta 4 is the final update these clipping-friendly old clothes even stay in the game files as they will all be cleared out in v4.0 Stable to save space while the NPCs embrace the new clothes with all the logic added.
- After Beta 3 & 4 & v4.0 Stable, the total number of clothing items in the base game would be over 900, which is plenty. Still, this doesn't mean that I will no longer add any more clothes ever again in the future. So if there's some specific clothing piece you have in mind that didn't make it in these 900 added during the v4.0 overhaul, don't worry. In the future, once every few months, I will dedicate one update (let's say: v4.7, v4.16, etc) for a new batch of clothes, and these updates will come in the form of easy-to-install & version-neutral optional downloads (just like the optional maps) as I don't want to keep increasing the base game's download size. The best thing about these being available as optional downloads is that I won't have to be as stingy with polycount and texture resolution for them as I had to be with the 900+ items in the base game, since it won't matter how heavy or performance-intensive these optional clothes end up being since the player gets to pick and choose how many and which they want used in their own game. Basically, these will be "High Definition Clothes Free DLCs".

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
View attachment 1192470

Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -
Update Only:
No Update Only downloads available for the 5 updates in April and May (would be pointless anyway since the v4.0 Overhaul involves modifying and replacing the game's heaviest files constantly). Just use the full downloads above instead. Old saves are compatible just fine though. Update Only downloads will be back for v4.1 and the updates after that.

Change Log:
This is the fourth of the five updates making up the v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul and the second update focusing on Clothes in the overhaul. It's very similar to what was done in Beta 3, just even more in quantity.
- 285 new female clothing items, taking the total number of female clothes added during this overhaul so far to 591
- Notably, compared to Beta 3, the Beta 4 batch of female clothes have a lot more of those with the "Partial Undress' state available
- 204 new male clothing items

Note since this is a beta update, part of a larger overhaul:
- Even after tons of clothes have been added in Beta 3 & Beta 4, there is still a smaller but more selective batch of around 100 items to be added in v4.0 Stable, focusing on uniforms, ceremonial / religious attire, and accessories. Basically, for Beta 3 & Beta 4, I simply went down the list of assets I have collected, so most of what's been added are just everyday clothes. In v4.0 Stable, I'll review what's still missing and seek out the specific pieces that the game still needs for its different building types, jobs, scenes and ethnicities. Also, I have deliberately avoided jewellery and other accessories so far in Beta 3 & 4 because they must be rigged, morph-transfered and tagged a bit differently from normal clothes, so I leave them for v4.0 Stable to do all in one go for efficiency.
- Also, all the logic to use all the new clothes for NPCs (which piece should go with which to avoid clipping, what to wear for which location, etc) will come in v4.0 Stable. Therefore, for now, just like in Beta 3, all the new clothes are just for the player character to try on. NPCs still use the old clothes, which clip horribly because of all the new character morphs added in Beta 1 & 2. Don't worry though, Beta 4 is the final update these clipping-friendly old clothes even stay in the game files as they will all be cleared out in v4.0 Stable to save space while the NPCs embrace the new clothes with all the logic added.
- After Beta 3 & 4 & v4.0 Stable, the total number of clothing items in the base game would be over 900, which is plenty. Still, this doesn't mean that I will no longer add any more clothes ever again in the future. So if there's some specific clothing piece you have in mind that didn't make it in these 900 added during the v4.0 overhaul, don't worry. In the future, once every few months, I will dedicate one update (let's say: v4.7, v4.16, etc) for a new batch of clothes, and these updates will come in the form of easy-to-install & version-neutral optional downloads (just like the optional maps) as I don't want to keep increasing the base game's download size. The best thing about these being available as optional downloads is that I won't have to be as stingy with polycount and texture resolution for them as I had to be with the 900+ items in the base game, since it won't matter how heavy or performance-intensive these optional clothes end up being since the player gets to pick and choose how many and which they want used in their own game. Basically, these will be "High Definition Clothes Free DLCs".
Finally! Excellent job, Vin!!! :)

Reactions: GNFNNVCN

Tend

Feb 14, 2018
So...the clothes still clip really badly in this update? Then I'll probably wait for the next one. It's something I always hated about this game. The clipping issues. On the one hand I appreciate this game so much, because the dev is actually putting out a lot of content. On the other hand I would like the art style of this game to be remade completely, because the characters are not really good looking. But on top of that comes the clipping of clothes. This is so insanely immersion breaking and annoying for me. It's a good thing this is apparently being worked on and I appreciate that. I can overlook the fact, that I don't like the art style of the game that much, if at least the clothes fit properly (with every body size I might have to add!). Everything else in this game is great. Especially the amount of content that is put out regularly. I really have to applaud the dev for it, this is unfortunetaly not normal as you can see in countless other games on this website.

Nov 22, 2017
So...the clothes still clip really badly in this update? Then I'll probably wait for the next one. It's something I always hated about this game. The clipping issues. On the one hand I appreciate this game so much, because the dev is actually putting out a lot of content. On the other hand I would like the art style of this game to be remade completely, because the characters are not really good looking. But on top of that comes the clipping of clothes. This is so insanely immersion breaking and annoying for me. It's a good thing this is apparently being worked on and I appreciate that. I can overlook the fact, that I don't like the art style of the game that much, if at least the clothes fit properly (with every body size I might have to add!). Everything else in this game is great. Especially the amount of content that is put out regularly. I really have to applaud the dev for it, this is unfortunetaly not normal as you can see in countless other games on this website.
Always read what Vin says in the official posts and You'll know everything, including about new clothes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Medievalover

Tend

Feb 14, 2018
Always read what Vin says in the official posts and You'll know everything, including about new clothes.
Yeah didn't say otherwise. I know that the clothes are being worked on, that was the whole point of my post. :D Wanted to say I appreciated that, but since he said the clothes still clip for now, I'll probably sit this update out.

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
i really just want the hair layers, textures, and clipping fixed now that they have worked on the clothing

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes