Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Hi!
Somebody knows how to raise npc's fertility now in scene scripts? This seems not working: "Actor:fertility += 1". Some mechanism changed? The included modding docs outdated and sadly not covering this info. Is there another and updated descriptions somewhere?

Thx!

Deleted member 2476484

Modder
Jun 15, 2020
Hi, I made a big change to my mods
Now you need a 1 or 2 more mods, if you are using some of my mods.
RK-Home-Inventories: for your home inventories: freezer, jewelry box, pantry, garage, ...
RK-Personal-Inventories: for your personal inventories: pockets, wallet.
More easy to maintain. Eg. If I add an item I need to update more than 20 mods but this way I just need to update 2 mods...

They are available via LP-ModManager.

Deleted member 2476484

Modder
Jun 15, 2020
je n'arrive pas a mettre toutes les villes
Extrait et copie le contenu du dossier dans ....\LifePlay\Content\Heavy\StreetMap

Comme ceci:
{CityName}.uasset et {CityName}.uexp vont dans le dossier 'StreetMap', et les autres fichiers: {CityName}.uasset et {CityName}.uexp vont dans le sous-dossier dans StreetMap\Static.

Goibniu

Aug 5, 2016
Hi!
Somebody knows how to raise npc's fertility now in scene scripts? This seems not working: "Actor:fertility += 1". Some mechanism changed? The included modding docs outdated and sadly not covering this info. Is there another and updated descriptions somewhere?

Thx!
This is because there are two fertility stats for some reason. NPCs are not allowed to have the 'fertility' one but instead have the 'fertility_npc' stat which is not documented.

Reactions: Icebird

almostideal

May 12, 2020
i don't know if this was asqued before but: exist somwhere a post where find some character textures made by the comunity?
I've done a few skins based on celebrities that also kinda work for general skins, unfortunately they're all in 1K (because I own a potato). If you have the time and patience though I'd recommend looking through asset requests just to find general genesis8 skins, there are a handful that work really well with LP or at least make a break from the noprm. Also a good place for tattoos, makeup etc. It can take a little photoshop/gimp knowledge though, nothing that can't be picked up in about 15 minutes.

Aug 8, 2017
I've done a few skins based on celebrities that also kinda work for general skins, unfortunately they're all in 1K (because I own a potato). If you have the time and patience though I'd recommend looking through asset requests just to find general genesis8 skins, there are a handful that work really well with LP or at least make a break from the noprm. Also a good place for tattoos, makeup etc. It can take a little photoshop/gimp knowledge though, nothing that can't be picked up in about 15 minutes.
Don't you mean asset releases? For anyone with DS installed, I'd recommend checking out Skin Builder 8.

troy251

Apr 6, 2019
guys I know a little bit stupid question but I did shopping. things like cars, computers, home stuff. Where are my purchases? I can't find it

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
guys I know a little bit stupid question but I did shopping. things like cars, computers, home stuff. Where are my purchases? I can't find it
Hi!
That things only has value in game, representing almost nothing. If you buy a car, and the value is not zero, you can travel faster on the map. I'm not sure the other things makes any sense.

Reactions: troy251 and srg91

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
Dude, the game roasted me hard.
Downloaded it (fucking 2 days to download this shit, I hate my internet). Every fucking 10 minutes it stops and after 3 mins it goes on.
well got it downloaded like 3 hours ago, extracted and shit. got 3048 errors from WinRar saying that there were damaged files.

FUCK.

I said, "oh well, then I shouldn't be seeing that much shit, only a quick glimpse and we're done for today".

foolish me.

after 15 minutes.
a fucking black screen.
after 1 and a half hours.
IT IS STILL A FUCKING BLACK SCREEN.

I know I have a laptop that is 100% trash. just be merciful and let me play please.

GNFNNVCN

Mar 1, 2021
Dude, the game roasted me hard.
Downloaded it (fucking 2 days to download this shit, I hate my internet). Every fucking 10 minutes it stops and after 3 mins it goes on.
well got it downloaded like 3 hours ago, extracted and shit. got 3048 errors from WinRar saying that there were damaged files.

FUCK.

I said, "oh well, then I shouldn't be seeing that much shit, only a quick glimpse and we're done for today".

foolish me.

after 15 minutes.
a fucking black screen.
after 1 and a half hours.
IT IS STILL A FUCKING BLACK SCREEN.

I know I have a laptop that is 100% trash. just be merciful and let me play please.
i Understand its sucks

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
dudes, forget about winrar already, use 7zip 21.02 (01 have bug with hashcalc for archives) btw, if you have terrible internet, just wait 4.1.x, where main problems will be solved and game splitted to core module and dlc with maps, hi-res scenes, textures ai mods, etc.
and probably the game will no longer be playable for people with weak computers - from The Sims "for the poor", it turns into entertainment for rich miners with RTX3090\RX7900 :giggle: optimization and functionality of creating your own content are poorly compatible, unfortunately

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
dudes, forget about winrar already, use 7zip 21.02 (01 have bug with hashcalc for archives) btw, if you have terrible internet, just wait 4.1.x, where main problems will be solved and game splitted to core module and dlc with maps, hi-res scenes, textures ai mods, etc.
and probably the game will no longer be playable for people with weak computers - from The Sims "for the poor", it turns into entertainment for rich miners with RTX3090\RX7900 :giggle: optimization and functionality of creating your own content are poorly compatible, unfortunately
I think the plan is increase the quality, but reduce file amount and requirements, or something like that. Right now, the game is basically in transition, with "old" data, and new.

Unfortunately, by today's standards, "weak" computers are absolutely out.
I'm a professional artist, and my old 8G PC (changed a couple months ago) was fine for work, but it started to have issues. Graphical programs (be a video game, or a work program, like Photoshop or Mangastudio) get heavier and more complex, so it's logical. Unreal/Unity stuff and most 3D stuff was completely out of the question, I was barely able to run Lifeplay with the barest minimum settings (and still had some lag).
Also, an outdated system (Windows XP or 7) makes things even worse, since newer graphic programs, on top of being more complex, also work with updated systems.

So in the end, I had to change my PC, despite the old one still being somewhat useful. There's no point in complaining or getting bothered on how things are advancing if you don't/can't keep up *shrug*

PanzerKorps

Jun 30, 2018
Hey, can this run on a HP Pavilion i5 with GTX 1650? Wondering if I should save for a better computer that's less than a $1000. I've been wanting to play this, but as I stated in an earlier post the Laptop I have now is absolutely on its last legs.

TurboShark

Jan 14, 2018
Hey, can this run on a HP Pavilion i5 with GTX 1650? Wondering if I should save for a better computer that's less than a $1000. I've been wanting to play this, but as I stated in an earlier post the Laptop I have now is absolutely on its last legs.
Turn some or all of the beauty settings off, don't randomize unknown buildings when creating a game, and keep your camera fairly zoomed in and you should be fine. I was playing it on a 2500K and a 6970 until I upgraded before the rona.

Reactions: PanzerKorps
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes