Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Hmmm, I tried playing with my laptop but I'm still getting frequent Fatal Errors when the game tries to load in characters.
I've been digging around in Unreal Engine sources for some kind of info about the error, since it doesn't seem to give us a crashlog we can share to help. It sounds like the main causes of the 'Fatal Error' with no info attached on the window is a file being called that doesn't exist, or a D3D error.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Update - digging through the windows event logs, the *only* thing I could find at the time of the crash is a DCOM error. Yes, the same DCOM error that has been happening all the time since Win 8, and normally doesn't seem to do anything or mess up anything.

But it's the only error that coincides with the crash times.

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
Funny things: using old saves turn all characters to bold young MANs than they dissapear, and turn into piles of clothes.
Deleted all old saves (in userprofile and game folder), unreal folder, start new game, enter location = crash.
hope, 4.1.x will work

P.S.: Does the game code depend on the presence of a swap file? :unsure:

trynremember

Nov 21, 2019
Theres an option in the options that, if ticked, all animations are available even if you dont meet the requirements. If your character is set to Heterosexual and yet hes trying to stick his dick other places than he girl. Then that setting might remove that. If its enabled, as I said earlier. All animations can be used, disabled and it should remove any animations where the player doesnt meet the requirements.
That also removes some animations based on stats and is kinda inconsistent when used with different characters or temp chars. I have just been using filter() to try and streamline the animations that can be played in a scene, was just wondering if there was a way to use filter() to remove a specific tag. Like maybe filter(!cuckold) or filterout(bisexual) ?

jackozwell1

Sep 27, 2020
I've just started a new game and it hasn't crashed yet in the last 20 minutes I've been playing. but i can't get through 1 minute before the fatal crash error on my old saves.

schmihe

Dec 2, 2019
Constant crashes, no mods installed, still a crash after a maximum of 15 minutes :cry:, is there still a link somewhere to download Beta 4 again?

Shadowflux

Nov 8, 2019
Have also fatal crash. Happens mostly during loading a building. Some rare cases during the start of the game. Only once succeeded to load building without crashing, during that time characters skin occasionally disappeared and appeared on camera movement.
Also, multiple pregnancies at end of the day can cause bugs, where they never give birth and other similar issues in the previous version.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Have also fatal crash. Happens mostly during loading a building. Some rare cases during the start of the game. Only once succeeded to load building without crashing, during that time characters skin occasionally disappeared and appeared on camera movement.
Also, multiple pregnancies at end of the day can cause bugs, where they never give birth and other similar issues in the previous version.
Dev is aware, hes recommending using the previous version, he says its likely due to missing clothing.

Reactions: srg91

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
That also removes some animations based on stats and is kinda inconsistent when used with different characters or temp chars. I have just been using filter() to try and streamline the animations that can be played in a scene, was just wondering if there was a way to use filter() to remove a specific tag. Like maybe filter(!cuckold) or filterout(bisexual) ?
Wouldnt know, havent had a need for the filter. I have removed the cuckold module

Zybe

Aug 18, 2020
Completely fresh install, managed to play for a few hours until Fatal Error. Now every time I try to load that save it gives me Fatal error.

EDIT: It kept giving me about 3 seconds after loading before it crashed. This time I managed to quickly leave the location I was in and avoided the crash, so it's definitely an issue with loading something. Probably clothes.

Last edited:

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
I haven't played in a while, but now the game always crashes with a fatal error as soon as I go into a room with people in them. Is there something I can do agains tthis?

jackozwell1

Sep 27, 2020
I haven't played in a while, but now the game always crashes with a fatal error as soon as I go into a room with people in them. Is there something I can do agains tthis?
If you start a new game it doesn't crash anymore atleast for me anyway, with old saves I'm not sure what the fix is I still can't get my old saves to play for more then 30 seconds.

Nov 22, 2017
I thought I had more to do... here's a new update for . Also, available through LP-ModManager.
I added some text to several scenes and corrected some errors.
We can say now that it will be less boring in prison ...
Btw, inmates can act differently at your requests. Be careful not to push too much ...
Excellent job Bro !

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
If you start a new game it doesn't crash anymore atleast for me anyway, with old saves I'm not sure what the fix is I still can't get my old saves to play for more then 30 seconds.
I ditched my old saves. It's happening in new games.

Dagoth

Aug 12, 2016
I ditched my old saves. It's happening in new games.
Are you using mods made for older versions? They're a likely source of errors as well.

I started playing 4.0 Stable with a new save and not loading any mods beyond the "unofficial" NonCon/Bestiality/Corruption/Incest patch (which is updated for 4.0 Stable), and played for probably 2-3 hours yesterday without a single crash.

People complaining of crashes should probably indicate if they are loading old saves or adding mods which are not yet updated or confirmed working with 4.0 Stable yet.
The release notes for 4.0 Stable even indicate that a lot of old crappy clothing was removed from the game, so any mods or saves referencing those would cause problems. Probably a bunch of other stuff removed or changed which could cause problems, too.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Are you using mods made for older versions? They're a likely source of errors as well.

I started playing 4.0 Stable with a new save and not loading any mods beyond the "unofficial" NonCon/Bestiality/Corruption/Incest patch (which is updated for 4.0 Stable), and played for probably 2-3 hours yesterday without a single crash.

People complaining of crashes should probably indicate if they are loading old saves or adding mods which are not yet updated or confirmed working with 4.0 Stable yet.
The release notes for 4.0 Stable even indicate that a lot of old crappy clothing was removed from the game, so any mods or saves referencing those would cause problems. Probably a bunch of other stuff removed or changed which could cause problems, too.
Tons of people have those fatal errors with a new clean save.

RuruPP

Oct 9, 2017
If I go to the place where the NPC is wearing a uniform, an error will occur(Fatal err). Waiting for a fix.

purplepirate

Jan 10, 2021
I have some questions regarding the logic when writing scenes. Particularly concerning how the game engine calls them.

I believe that setting scene frequency only ties to the "timeout" function. Meaning if a scene is written as timeout(300) and the scene frequency is 10 then that scene can't be called for 30 hours. Is that correct?

The part I don't understand is the frequency of total scene calls and how the games picks said scene. For example if I'm working on scene with only one condition:

Code:
OTHER: Random(0, 100) < interpersonal
Pretty simple. The game checks your interpersonal against a random number from 1 to 100. If it is less, the scene doesn't run. If it is more, the scene runs. But, how often is this dice roll ran? How often does the game try to run this scene?

Now say the conditions are:

Code:
WHO: Actor1 = getPerson(); If Actor1:rapportwithplayer > Random(0, 10)
OTHER: Random(0, 100) < interpersonal
Again pretty simple. The scene will randomly pick a person and check their rapportwithplayer is over a number from 0 to 10. If the game doesn't find a person, will it pick another until it does or if the random person fails the scene fails? Now finally what is I wrote the scene a bit differently like:

Code:
WHO:
OTHER:

SceneStart()
Actor1 = getPerson()

If Actor1:rapportwithplayer > Random(0, 10) && Random(0, 100) < interpersonal
     [Run Scene]
Endif
SceneEnd()
Is this functionally different than the previous scene?

Sorry if these are all bland/obvious questions. I've been toying with the idea of rebalancing a lot of the scenes and understanding the relationship between various variables and how often scenes are played out is a big part of it. It seems what keeps a lot of vanilla scenes from running is massive conditions like:

Code:
Random(60, 1000) < Actor:perversion
Which given a character with a relatively high perversion, 80, the scene will run only 20 out of 940 potential times, or 1 out of 47. Because of this scenes like this will seemingly never run, while other scenes without random conditions will run sometimes four or five times a week.

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes