Shadowflux

Nov 8, 2019
Have also fatal crash. Happens mostly during loading a building. Some rare cases during the start of the game. Only once succeeded to load building without crashing, during that time characters skin occasionally disappeared and appeared on camera movement.
Also, multiple pregnancies at end of the day can cause bugs, where they never give birth and other similar issues in the previous version.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Have also fatal crash. Happens mostly during loading a building. Some rare cases during the start of the game. Only once succeeded to load building without crashing, during that time characters skin occasionally disappeared and appeared on camera movement.
Also, multiple pregnancies at end of the day can cause bugs, where they never give birth and other similar issues in the previous version.
Dev is aware, hes recommending using the previous version, he says its likely due to missing clothing.

Reactions: srg91

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
That also removes some animations based on stats and is kinda inconsistent when used with different characters or temp chars. I have just been using filter() to try and streamline the animations that can be played in a scene, was just wondering if there was a way to use filter() to remove a specific tag. Like maybe filter(!cuckold) or filterout(bisexual) ?
Wouldnt know, havent had a need for the filter. I have removed the cuckold module

Zybe

Aug 18, 2020
Completely fresh install, managed to play for a few hours until Fatal Error. Now every time I try to load that save it gives me Fatal error.

EDIT: It kept giving me about 3 seconds after loading before it crashed. This time I managed to quickly leave the location I was in and avoided the crash, so it's definitely an issue with loading something. Probably clothes.

Last edited:

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
I haven't played in a while, but now the game always crashes with a fatal error as soon as I go into a room with people in them. Is there something I can do agains tthis?

jackozwell1

Sep 27, 2020
I haven't played in a while, but now the game always crashes with a fatal error as soon as I go into a room with people in them. Is there something I can do agains tthis?
If you start a new game it doesn't crash anymore atleast for me anyway, with old saves I'm not sure what the fix is I still can't get my old saves to play for more then 30 seconds.

Nov 22, 2017
I thought I had more to do... here's a new update for . Also, available through LP-ModManager.
I added some text to several scenes and corrected some errors.
We can say now that it will be less boring in prison ...
Btw, inmates can act differently at your requests. Be careful not to push too much ...
Excellent job Bro !

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
If you start a new game it doesn't crash anymore atleast for me anyway, with old saves I'm not sure what the fix is I still can't get my old saves to play for more then 30 seconds.
I ditched my old saves. It's happening in new games.

Dagoth

Aug 12, 2016
I ditched my old saves. It's happening in new games.
Are you using mods made for older versions? They're a likely source of errors as well.

I started playing 4.0 Stable with a new save and not loading any mods beyond the "unofficial" NonCon/Bestiality/Corruption/Incest patch (which is updated for 4.0 Stable), and played for probably 2-3 hours yesterday without a single crash.

People complaining of crashes should probably indicate if they are loading old saves or adding mods which are not yet updated or confirmed working with 4.0 Stable yet.
The release notes for 4.0 Stable even indicate that a lot of old crappy clothing was removed from the game, so any mods or saves referencing those would cause problems. Probably a bunch of other stuff removed or changed which could cause problems, too.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
Are you using mods made for older versions? They're a likely source of errors as well.

I started playing 4.0 Stable with a new save and not loading any mods beyond the "unofficial" NonCon/Bestiality/Corruption/Incest patch (which is updated for 4.0 Stable), and played for probably 2-3 hours yesterday without a single crash.

People complaining of crashes should probably indicate if they are loading old saves or adding mods which are not yet updated or confirmed working with 4.0 Stable yet.
The release notes for 4.0 Stable even indicate that a lot of old crappy clothing was removed from the game, so any mods or saves referencing those would cause problems. Probably a bunch of other stuff removed or changed which could cause problems, too.
Tons of people have those fatal errors with a new clean save.

RuruPP

Oct 9, 2017
If I go to the place where the NPC is wearing a uniform, an error will occur(Fatal err). Waiting for a fix.

purplepirate

Jan 10, 2021
I have some questions regarding the logic when writing scenes. Particularly concerning how the game engine calls them.

I believe that setting scene frequency only ties to the "timeout" function. Meaning if a scene is written as timeout(300) and the scene frequency is 10 then that scene can't be called for 30 hours. Is that correct?

The part I don't understand is the frequency of total scene calls and how the games picks said scene. For example if I'm working on scene with only one condition:

Code:
OTHER: Random(0, 100) < interpersonal
Pretty simple. The game checks your interpersonal against a random number from 1 to 100. If it is less, the scene doesn't run. If it is more, the scene runs. But, how often is this dice roll ran? How often does the game try to run this scene?

Now say the conditions are:

Code:
WHO: Actor1 = getPerson(); If Actor1:rapportwithplayer > Random(0, 10)
OTHER: Random(0, 100) < interpersonal
Again pretty simple. The scene will randomly pick a person and check their rapportwithplayer is over a number from 0 to 10. If the game doesn't find a person, will it pick another until it does or if the random person fails the scene fails? Now finally what is I wrote the scene a bit differently like:

Code:
WHO:
OTHER:

SceneStart()
Actor1 = getPerson()

If Actor1:rapportwithplayer > Random(0, 10) && Random(0, 100) < interpersonal
     [Run Scene]
Endif
SceneEnd()
Is this functionally different than the previous scene?

Sorry if these are all bland/obvious questions. I've been toying with the idea of rebalancing a lot of the scenes and understanding the relationship between various variables and how often scenes are played out is a big part of it. It seems what keeps a lot of vanilla scenes from running is massive conditions like:

Code:
Random(60, 1000) < Actor:perversion
Which given a character with a relatively high perversion, 80, the scene will run only 20 out of 940 potential times, or 1 out of 47. Because of this scenes like this will seemingly never run, while other scenes without random conditions will run sometimes four or five times a week.

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

Last edited:

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
is there a way to turn off you need to find a job option ? i want my character to have no job, but he has to find one till he has one.

L E W D

Aug 14, 2018
I think the error is related to clothing.

P. S. Somehow the game can't find hotels anymore.

antediluvian

Dec 29, 2019
Tons of people have those fatal errors with a new clean save.
If I go to the place where the NPC is wearing a uniform, an error will occur(Fatal err). Waiting for a fix.
This is accurate; these crashes do occur on new games with new characters. I've been using Lifeplay for a couple years now (learned of it from Vinfamy's initial announce on Loverslab long before I came to F95); I've made quite a few homemade as-yet-unreleased mods, but decided to try out 4.0 "Stable" (picture me adding air quotes too) without any mods before porting them over. I had a crash as soon as the NPCs started to load when I went to a bank to "Manage finances", as my very first action after getting through character creation.

The part I don't understand is the frequency of total scene calls and how the games picks said scene.
The scene frequency stuff isn't fully documented; the game seems to pick random events out of a hat at an as-yet-undetermined interval and then checks their conditions.

For instance, a WHERE = all, WHEN = 0-24 lpscene will still trigger randomly only once every couple of hours even at high event frequency, even with zero timeout, and the intervals aren't predictable either. (This unfortunately limits more hands-on scripting, like having invisible events that process character stats and the like, or causing a game-ending condition when one of your stats hits zero.)

if the random person fails the scene fails?

[...]

Is this functionally different than the previous scene?
Short answer: no, they're identical. Long answer: there's a *slight* difference. "WHO" is a hard-code check for an NPC that fires before the action gets processed. The scene code beginning with SceneStart() only occurs after the WHO is evaluated. In other words, if the WHO fails to find anyone, the scene fails. Your alternative scene runs even if it fails to find someone, but then, because you explicitly check for it, it doesn't do anything. The only functional difference between the scenes is that the first scene checks in hard-code for a person before firing, so doesn't actually fire, whereas your second scene always fires, then checks in soft-code for a person and aborts. The first would be imperceptibly faster than the second, but the difference is probably so minute as to be meaningless.

What I'm not so sure about is whether because your second scene does fire, whether it will then stop other scenes from firing, having already chosen a scene to occur. If so, the first method is definitely better than the second.

It seems what keeps a lot of vanilla scenes from running is massive conditions like:

Code:
Random(60, 1000) < Actor:perversion
Which given a character with a relatively high perversion, 80, the scene will run only 20 out of 940 potential times, or 1 out of 47. Because of this scenes like this will seemingly never run, while other scenes without random conditions will run sometimes four or five times a week.
That's correct; the intention is to reduce the frequency of these events to manageable levels, to make gameplay more about player-driven interaction than being bombarded by random scene after random scene. Any scene that doesn't have random conditions that reduce its frequency below at least 1 in 10 or so is likely to be a bug, unless of course the scene is triggered by another scene or interaction.

is there a way to turn off you need to find a job option ? i want my character to have no job, but he has to find one till he has one.
Unfortunately no. The recommended actions system is still black-boxed. I think the need to have a job is hard-coded. It does support mod-added stats and behavior, in that it will always try to recommend actions that correct low stats that are marked as higher-is-better, but otherwise it's designed for a vanilla experience.

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
This is accurate; these crashes do occur on new games with new characters. I've been using Lifeplay for a couple years now (learned of it from Vinfamy's initial announce on Loverslab long before I came to F95); I've made quite a few homemade as-yet-unreleased mods, but decided to try out 4.0 "Stable" (picture me adding air quotes too) without any mods before porting them over. I had a crash as soon as the NPCs started to load when I went to a bank to "Manage finances", as my very first action after getting through character creation.

The scene frequency stuff isn't fully documented; the game seems to pick random events out of a hat at an as-yet-undetermined interval and then checks their conditions.

For instance, a WHERE = all, WHEN = 0-24 lpscene will still trigger randomly only once every couple of hours even at high event frequency, even with zero timeout, and the intervals aren't predictable either. (This unfortunately limits more hands-on scripting, like having invisible events that process character stats and the like, or causing a game-ending condition when one of your stats hits zero.)

Short answer: no, they're identical. Long answer: there's a *slight* difference. "WHO" is a hard-code check for an NPC that fires before the action gets processed. The scene code beginning with SceneStart() only occurs after the WHO is evaluated. In other words, if the WHO fails to find anyone, the scene fails. Your alternative scene runs even if it fails to find someone, but then, because you explicitly check for it, it doesn't do anything. The only functional difference between the scenes is that the first scene checks in hard-code for a person before firing, so doesn't actually fire, whereas your second scene always fires, then checks in soft-code for a person and aborts. The first would be imperceptibly faster than the second, but the difference is probably so minute as to be meaningless.

What I'm not so sure about is whether because your second scene does fire, whether it will then stop other scenes from firing, having already chosen a scene to occur. If so, the first method is definitely better than the second.

That's correct; the intention is to reduce the frequency of these events to manageable levels, to make gameplay more about player-driven interaction than being bombarded by random scene after random scene. Any scene that doesn't have random conditions that reduce its frequency below at least 1 in 10 or so is likely to be a bug, unless of course the scene is triggered by another scene or interaction.

Unfortunately no. The recommended actions system is still black-boxed. I think the need to have a job is hard-coded. It does support mod-added stats and behavior, in that it will always try to recommend actions that correct low stats that are marked as higher-is-better, but otherwise it's designed for a vanilla experience.
okay,thank you for your reply

Apr 1, 2018
The openness of the game and character creation part caught my eyes the only other game I have seen with those was "Slaves of Rome"

Dagoth

Aug 12, 2016
I had a crash as soon as the NPCs started to load when I went to a bank to "Manage finances", as my very first action after getting through character creation.
Interesting, that's a useful example. I hadn't been to a bank yet in my game, so I just went to a bank. In that scene, there was a bank employee and 2-3 random people. I then ran through the full "Manage finances" action without error, twice. So, it's definitely not consistent, whether it's player/system specific, or just a matter of random game state.

It is seeming more like something that is specific to players considering some of us are playing without any crashes, which can often be attributed to old saves or old mods with content inconsistent with the current game version, and which content isn't being updated/removed by the game automatically either. Not in your case by the sound of it, but I'd wager that is a problem in many peoples cases.
It's really hard to tell though when most people don't actually say whether they're running a new save and without old mods or not. Those are both very important details to include in a report of crashes and errors.

enterpride

May 15, 2017
Hello !

How to get the interactions dialog:
"kiss
touch the thigh
... "

with the companions?

I can have this dialogues only with talking with strangers ...

I have the last version and no mods.
thanks !

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes