ShedinjaX

Jan 8, 2020
Like a few others have mentioned above, I have been experiencing crashes on a new character upon entering a location while it loads other npcs. Where the crashes happen is inconsistent (twice at gym, once at bar, once at community center), which leads me to believe it has something to do with certain pieces of clothing that the game is trying to generate on npcs that spawn there. It does not seem to be any specific location since I have had success with loading the same ones without crashing. The only mod I am using is the unofficial patch for 4.0, so mods in my case don't seem to be the issue.

Naiora

Jul 1, 2017
Quick question, were glasses and other eyewear deleted when the clothing rework happened? I can't seem to find any despite going to every type of shop that has "buy apparel" option in 4.0.

NotJenna5

Aug 27, 2020
Since the 4.0 update the game keeps freezing at the private show / VIP scene when my character is stripping. Has anyone else gotten this error?

namenotinuse

Nov 17, 2018
So I came here to see if I was the only one experiencing crashes and it seems like there actually many of us. ^^ I guess I'll wait for a "stabler" version. But a simple "fix" I could suggest is just adding an autosave feature (unless it's already there and I just couldn't find them), I wouldn't mind the crashes so much if they erased a day's worth of progress instead of a week and it's usually useful in those kind of games.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
The crashes most likely depend on the deleted old clothes (actually, in every version there's a warning about getting rid of clothes and saves).

I just did a quick try.
Dwloaded the 4-stable version, and started a new game.
When I went to save, my old saves (from the previous 4 version) were there too.
Saved anyways on a empty slot, and kept playing, and instant crash when tried to enter a building.

So, the game evidently looks for saves even if there are two versions of the game ond ifferent folders. In my case, I have a "Lifeplay" folder, and iside there are two folders, each is the older and latest version. Might worth trying to have every version on a completely different folder, to avoid the game looking for saves.
Aside of that, the saves are just for characters, so maybe there's a "game" save somewhere else? Lots of games have a "hidden" folder inside the windows system for example, and a separate save folder for character only, inside the game itself system. This could be the case?

Following that, it is possible to do a backup of the character saves (on a different location, let's say teh desktop). Start a full new game deleting any old saves to start clean, and then simply copy-paste the backup saves data on fresh new characters (basically, let's say you had a sister, and have a new one, just copy the data of the old one. Character data is only the stats and morphs, so there shouldn't be problems with old/new clothes or items)

Apr 27, 2017
I've hit an issue where I accidentally did a waituntil console command for a date in the past and now I can't invite any NPC's out, all options including gift options in contacts are greyed out for me. Anyone know a fix?

elcid

Jun 5, 2017
how would you create various real persons in the game, like anri okita or mia khalifa? what parameters would you use?

straydogg

May 9, 2017
If this helps, I play as a hetro male, with males almost off on preferences, so that there are very few males when i play, and as long as I Dont add any new clothes to my male character the game plays with no crashes, when i went and added new clothes to the male it froze and stayed like that, females were running around with new clothes on and it did not crash or freeze, not untill new male clothes were added to my inventory, not complaining,,,:) just explaining

Reactions: StrikeFX

straydogg

May 9, 2017
I have some questions regarding the logic when writing scenes. Particularly concerning how the game engine calls them.

I believe that setting scene frequency only ties to the "timeout" function. Meaning if a scene is written as timeout(300) and the scene frequency is 10 then that scene can't be called for 30 hours. Is that correct?
Timeout for pregancy is 280 or 9 monthes give or take a few days

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah have had crashes as well on a completely new game. In my case they mainly happen when try to jump to current location of a girl in my adress book, while loading that location. When go to that same location manually if know where it is crashes seem not to happen.

Jeppex

Aug 5, 2018
Is there a way to mod the game so female caracter would have male hair/bodyhair or to have piercings?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
It was impossible to do anything without a crash with old saves.
I deleted the old saves from the saves folder, but they were still listed on the game itself to load. Game still crashed.
When I deleted manually the saves on the game's list, then everything started to work fine.

Basically:
-do a backup of old saves on a separate folder (so, NOT on the Lifeplay folder) and name it something the game shouldn't read (like "backup saves", since there's no folder inside the game like that)
-delete any old game version (since the new game will look for any save).
-When in-game (in the new version), go to "load", and old saves will be listed there. Delete them one by one.
Technically, the simpliest way is to just start a fresh clean game with the new version.

I tried adding a f**ton of mods, and game worked fine, spent literally all night playing without issues... ti'll at some point (around a week in-game), *fatal error*.
From that spot, I found impossible to advance. Working is a sure crash (might do a couple actions before crashing). I can do a couple other actions, or go to other locations, but eventually get a crash and can't "survive" the day.

Reactions: srg91 and caralho24

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
One thing i did noticed:
crashes seemed to start after I did a second save (I was saving on slot 1, then made a game decision, and saved on slot 2). Not sure but seems like that was the point.

Then, when I checked the saves folder, there was a 3rd misterious save I didn't made, which was absolutely empty except the "player" file.
The other saves (1 and 2) had the usual files (player, kids, npcs) but half the NPCs were blank/empty files. If I recall correctly, each save file lists data of every potential NPC.
And then, the "session" save folder (which is like a 0 folder) doesn't lists my character at all, and all NPCs are empty too.

I tried deleting the misterious number 3 save, and I got to do more actions, but then the fatal error happens at some point.

This could the problem:
the game tries to load a place or an action, and the potential NPCs are empty (judging by the save). Crashes apparently happen (for everyone) when there's new people around.
And I found that misterious save very suspicious too.

Reactions: srg91 and caralho24

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
On a side note, the game never looked better.

The new clothes do work well, and places now have more "feeling". For example, going to "place of worship" now has actual nuns, there are waitress on pubs, etc etc. Even the wedding clothes and medical coat have been fixed.
And almost no clipping! There's bits of skin ocasionally, but very minimal compared to older version. Even extreme morphing works well with clothes.

Seems like models also had touch ups, orks now actually look good for example, and guys aren't a bunch of old fatties.

purplepirate

Jan 10, 2021
I deleted the old saves from the saves folder, but they were still listed on the game itself to load. Game still crashed.
When I deleted manually the saves on the game's list, then everything started to work fine.
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\LifePlay

This is the folder you are looking for.

LifePlay\Content\Saves

That folder is just where character information is stored. The save files have .sav.

Reactions: Fuzzcat

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

The results for the Kinks of the Month poll for June are as follows (Main Poll Votes + Bonus Poll Votes = Total)
  • Missionary (paul Ince...) 52+25=77
  • Group Sex 42+20=62
  • Reverse Cowgirl (Rap... music) 24+12=36
  • Netori (you're the bull) 17+15=32
  • Elves, Orcs and Vampires 19+13=32
  • Netorare (you're the cuck) 20+6=26
  • Old-Young 16+8=24
  • At Work 19+5=24
  • Watersports 13+8=21
  • Trans 14+6=20
  • Tentacles 12+8=20
  • Vore 16+4=20
  • BDSM 12+6=18
  • Transformation 9+9=18
  • Cowgirl (bill Corr...) 12+3=15
  • Lesbian 10+5=15
  • Interracial 10+4=14
  • Non-NTR Voyeurism 7+5=12
  • Gay 8+3=11
  • Foot Fetish 6+2=8
  • Toys 5+2=7
  • Scat 3+2=5
Accordingly:
- Missionary (paul Ince...) will be the focus of v4.2 (ETA: 18 June). The community brainstorm period for this kink will be from today to 11 June. If you wonder why such a vanilla thing like missionary wins a kink poll, I suspect this has more to do with some third-party modder promising to add something to their mod if missionary wins, but this modder isn't affiliated with me in any way of course.
- Group Sex will be the focus of v4.3 (ETA: 28 June). The community brainstorm period for this kink will be from 14 June to 21 June.
This way, each KotM update has one week for the community to brainstorm ideas for, and another week between the brainstorm's conclusion and the release date for me to actually work on these ideas and add to the game.
Both kinks will then be excluded from the polls for July and August, allowing others to have a go

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes