Nov 1, 2019
If you have the same type of crash as me - a go to location crash - then you can try saving just before clicking to go there (have the drop down menu open). Then you reload that save you just created and click to go to the location. This seems to help... sometimes. And I have not run into any other crashes after I got it to work, but I might later.
In case that doesn't work, you may need to edit building to change the location type (so a different map loads up) to see if it helps. If it does, change it back to see whether that fixes the problem.

purplepirate

Jan 10, 2021
Regarding the scripting syntax - what is the difference between parentheses and brackets? Particularly regarding writing formulas contain multiple values. For example:
Code:
Actor:perversion + Actor1:attraction + (Actor1:interpersonal / 2)
vs.
Code:
Actor:perversion + Actor1:attraction + [Actor1:interpersonal / 2]
If they are functionally the same are there any scenarios where one would be better than the other?

Reactions: zzulche

Dick Vain

Mar 15, 2021
I was thinking of some new idea for the Orc, Vampire, & Elf races. But I'm worried if my ideas will offend a number of people. I will throw my idea out there. If response is good I might add it to game.

1. Orc sex crimes VS Orc cultural acceptance.
Orc culture is based around sex. If there is a sexual crime police will most like suspect that orcs behind it.
One group of orcs are trying to setup a 'New' socially acceptable means to honor their sexual culture.
While another group of orcs perform sexual crimes based on their original sexual culture of raping virgins & sex trafficking.

2. Vampire blood letting VS Vampire blood offering.
One group of vampires are very violent. They want blood and not afraid to bleed an entire city block to get it.
The other group of vampires consider blood very sacred. Blood is precious and should not be spilt needlessly. They will only take blood that is given & no more than what is needed.

3. Elf superiority: complex or stereotyping
Elves either think they are better than the other races and can do what they want. AKA "spoiled rich kid"
Or other races are envious of elf favoritism whenever they get a promotion.

Most of these ideas could tie into my police mod too if acceptable.
But only if the response is good. If not I will take down this post.
All of this plez!

jenw90

Mar 24, 2020
Hi there - I'm having trouble with a MOD and I'm not sure if it's my mistake or a bug. I'm trying to load both partners with the following line:

Actor2 = Actor.getRelatedPerson(Spouses, Dating)

When I trigger this against an Actor that I know has a relationship. The problem is, about half the time, Actor2 and Actor are the same person; the other half, it correctly returns their Spouse. This relationship was previously added by addNPCReleationship (in a separate script - already saved).

Any ideas why this would be?

angelboy546

Nov 28, 2018
Is there a way to see sexual history or stats in this game? For example who a person last fucked/got fucked by, who they've gotten pregnant by, or counters for how many times they've done vaginal/anal/oral..

If not, I feel like this game would really benefit from having something like that.
There's a mod called Better Pregnancy(You can check the description under mods) that can check the last whom you get pregnant by and you have to go to the hospital to verify whos is it

angelboy546

Nov 28, 2018
That's amazingly realistic, obviously an intent of dev :D
Anyway, glad to know you have found solution.
haha yeah but there are random times that my character would just go naked, especially when my she's pregnant and went for the medical check up she will sometimes return home nude

• Haha
Reactions: pilgrim2003

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
haha yeah but there are random times that my character would just go naked, especially when my she's pregnant and went for the medical check up she will sometimes return home nude
Oh poor girl, hope she doesn't get too much unwonted attention or cold :D

Dec 15, 2020
There's a mod called Better Pregnancy(You can check the description under mods) that can check the last whom you get pregnant by and you have to go to the hospital to verify whos is it
Yeah I just saw that! And the counter for births. That's great, I find counters add a surprising amount to the experience, especially in the slutification of characters. Hoping the dev, or modders, add more one day. At least like those in Artificial Academy 2 that tracks the amount of past partners and who the latest was.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Anyone know how to stop my character from changing outfit ? Everytime i went for job interview my character kept wearing inappropriate attire and got kicked out
I believe that is the old nudity matter mod "job_interview". It checks for clothing but base game one does not.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
So we have to wait for the next full update just to play the game again? Since it keeps crashing like crazy.

angelboy546

Nov 28, 2018
So we have to wait for the next full update just to play the game again? Since it keeps crashing like crazy.
by any chance are you playing with mods ? Cause I could play for hours without crashing with minimal mods. After adding plenty of mods its crashing like crazy.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
by any chance are you playing with mods ? Cause I could play for hours without crashing with minimal mods. After adding plenty of mods its crashing like crazy.
I tried restarting a completely new game yesterday and it crashed as soon as wanted to jump to a NPC i Added, about 5 mins in and no mods at all, except the ones from a mysterious modder. Also with no old saves.

For some current version of game is really completely unplayable.

Reactions: srg91

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
None, it crashes every time NPCs load in. So something with the new clothing changes more than likely or some of the old clothes weren't fully deleted. No debug log so I can't say for sure.
I tried restarting a completely new game yesterday and it crashed as soon as wanted to jump to a NPC i Added, about 5 mins in and no mods at all, except the ones from a mysterious modder. Also with no old saves.

For some current version of game is really completely unplayable.
Yeah, it's pretty borked for almost everyone.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
41.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Change Log:
This update adds no new content and focuses entirely on fixing crashes and bugs, the most notably of which that have been fixed are:
- The crashes some people have when going into a new building and the game starts to load NPCs there.
- Fix an issue with average attractiveness for both men and women dropping to 0 as a result of a data reading bug, causing a huge percentage of obese NPCs. If you have this issue before, make sure to go to Esc > NPC Distribution & Beauty Standards) and Reset Default when loading your old save.
- An issue some people report about NPCs' moaning being silent during sex (I actually was never be able to reproduce this on my game so I assumed it was save-related, nevertheless, I put in some extra code whenever a sex scene starts to make sure everyone has a 'voice' assigned before fun time)
- Minimize startup / start menu crashes as much as possible by optimizing the initial loading process a bit more. These are usually quite rare and random and the game usually starts fine simply by trying again, still it's good to minimize them as first impression counts after all.
(For those curious of the cause of the new location loading crashes last update and why it was so unpredictable and inconsistent across different PCs (mine and many others never had any crashes at all, but for those that had them, they were so frequent that the game was unplayable): It turns out the crashes were caused by a coding flaw that must have existed in the game for years but has never been exposed till now. When you go into a new location, there are two aspects of the game that are loaded concurrently in two separate processes. Firstly: The objects in the building itself as well as a little analysis to identify what type of building this is. Secondly: The characters and their clothes, including the uniforms. Now, at first glance, the two loading processes seem independent enough to happen simutaneously, but they're NOT, cause the game needs to know what type of building this is before knowing which uniform to load. Up until to the v4.0 overhaul, this flaw was never exposed because the old clothes were so heavy and took ages to load, so the first process always beat the second process by far and the game always knows which building type before it gets to loading the uniforms (since normal NPCs are loaded before 'working here' NPCs). The new clothes in v4.0 however are much better optimized so for many fast PCs (not neccessarily high-end, maybe you just have fewer background processes, etc) possibly running the game on a SSD drive, it suddenly became possible for the second process to get to the uniform loading stage, not knowing what to do and crash, before the first process get to the 'identify building type' stage. Mine and the other crash-free PCs were just not as fast (again, not neccessarily low-end, just maybe having more background processes, mine probably wasn't loading fast because as the dev, I have Unreal Engine running in background while playtesting the game) so everything ended up going according to plan. The fix was therefore to make sure that the building type is identified first, before any loading takes place. As an extra safety measure, I also make sure that if somehow in any circumstances, the game is asked to put someone in uniform but not knowing what type of building it is for, instead of freaking out and crashing, it just dresses this person completely randomly.)

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes