DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
by any chance are you playing with mods ? Cause I could play for hours without crashing with minimal mods. After adding plenty of mods its crashing like crazy.
I tried restarting a completely new game yesterday and it crashed as soon as wanted to jump to a NPC i Added, about 5 mins in and no mods at all, except the ones from a mysterious modder. Also with no old saves.

For some current version of game is really completely unplayable.

Reactions: srg91

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
by any chance are you playing with mods ? Cause I could play for hours without crashing with minimal mods. After adding plenty of mods its crashing like crazy.
None, it crashes every time NPCs load in. So something with the new clothing changes more than likely or some of the old clothes weren't fully deleted. No debug log so I can't say for sure.
I tried restarting a completely new game yesterday and it crashed as soon as wanted to jump to a NPC i Added, about 5 mins in and no mods at all, except the ones from a mysterious modder. Also with no old saves.

For some current version of game is really completely unplayable.
Yeah, it's pretty borked for almost everyone.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
41.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Change Log:
This update adds no new content and focuses entirely on fixing crashes and bugs, the most notably of which that have been fixed are:
- The crashes some people have when going into a new building and the game starts to load NPCs there.
- Fix an issue with average attractiveness for both men and women dropping to 0 as a result of a data reading bug, causing a huge percentage of obese NPCs. If you have this issue before, make sure to go to Esc > NPC Distribution & Beauty Standards) and Reset Default when loading your old save.
- An issue some people report about NPCs' moaning being silent during sex (I actually was never be able to reproduce this on my game so I assumed it was save-related, nevertheless, I put in some extra code whenever a sex scene starts to make sure everyone has a 'voice' assigned before fun time)
- Minimize startup / start menu crashes as much as possible by optimizing the initial loading process a bit more. These are usually quite rare and random and the game usually starts fine simply by trying again, still it's good to minimize them as first impression counts after all.
(For those curious of the cause of the new location loading crashes last update and why it was so unpredictable and inconsistent across different PCs (mine and many others never had any crashes at all, but for those that had them, they were so frequent that the game was unplayable): It turns out the crashes were caused by a coding flaw that must have existed in the game for years but has never been exposed till now. When you go into a new location, there are two aspects of the game that are loaded concurrently in two separate processes. Firstly: The objects in the building itself as well as a little analysis to identify what type of building this is. Secondly: The characters and their clothes, including the uniforms. Now, at first glance, the two loading processes seem independent enough to happen simutaneously, but they're NOT, cause the game needs to know what type of building this is before knowing which uniform to load. Up until to the v4.0 overhaul, this flaw was never exposed because the old clothes were so heavy and took ages to load, so the first process always beat the second process by far and the game always knows which building type before it gets to loading the uniforms (since normal NPCs are loaded before 'working here' NPCs). The new clothes in v4.0 however are much better optimized so for many fast PCs (not neccessarily high-end, maybe you just have fewer background processes, etc) possibly running the game on a SSD drive, it suddenly became possible for the second process to get to the uniform loading stage, not knowing what to do and crash, before the first process get to the 'identify building type' stage. Mine and the other crash-free PCs were just not as fast (again, not neccessarily low-end, just maybe having more background processes, mine probably wasn't loading fast because as the dev, I have Unreal Engine running in background while playtesting the game) so everything ended up going according to plan. The fix was therefore to make sure that the building type is identified first, before any loading takes place. As an extra safety measure, I also make sure that if somehow in any circumstances, the game is asked to put someone in uniform but not knowing what type of building it is for, instead of freaking out and crashing, it just dresses this person completely randomly.)

akuma35

Dec 26, 2020
I have a Problem with Clothing, its constantly clipping / not morphing correctly. I tried disabling morphing in the Settings but it didnt do anything.
How do I fix this?

akuma35

Dec 26, 2020
I have a Problem with Clothing, its constantly clipping / not morphing correctly. I tried disabling morphing in the Settings but it didnt do anything.
How do I fix this?
Aside from the clothing bug, all the NPCs lost their clothes aswell! They are all naked, no matter where I go! Any fix for this aswell?

Reactions: ReTama17

straydogg

May 9, 2017
Fukn AAA Fantastic job on the fix no clipping, of old clothes, or new clothes, and have played for an hour and a half give or take, no freezes or errors, Thank you, GREAT great job:love:

Reactions: vaaf

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Aside from the clothing bug, all the NPCs lost their clothes aswell! They are all naked, no matter where I go! Any fix for this aswell?
This is certainly a sign of total decline, go to the church with all NPC and pray one hour and then try to clothe them properly. :)

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
True enough, you can say it at the court or to your landlord as well, LOL
Well it is in the scriptures, just most people have their own interpretation and shame of the human body is quite widespread since the Victorian era, so yeah some will be affronted anyway.

Reactions: jojorama

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Well it is in the scriptures, just most people have their own interpretation and shame of the human body is quite widespread since the Victorian era, so yeah some will be affronted anyway.
Well, I am afraid I would be properly executed already in the times of William the Conqueror :D

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
Hi, are the placement bugs during the sex scenes going to be fixed too? Because it's a pain in the ass when he's in a furniture or half in the wall.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, are the placement bugs during the sex scenes going to be fixed too? Because it's a pain in the ass when he's in a furniture or half in the wall.
Remember you can always hold "shift" and move them with the arrows (while holding shift, you can also move them up and down with the mouse wheel).

Personally, it doesn't really bothers me, except on Theaters, were models get buried under the seats and you have no idea were they are (usually you can spot them by looking at the floating dialogs, but in there even the dialogs get buried).

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Silly question:

I just realized the 5 characters on the banner top-page are actually known people XD

But I don't knowwho the asian girl is? Emma and Leo yeah, I somewhat know who Rina is, Taylor is pretty much unknown here (but I've heard talks about her)... but I don't have the slightlest clue who Yu is.
Just curious!

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
is there any mod that adds more tats? like the QOS, QOH, the one that the animal "very loving" people use that kind of things

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes