straydogg

May 9, 2017
Vinfamy
Hey man have you thought about adding the function to save outfits for different activities? Which are then automatically chosen when you are in such a setting?

Office outfit 1
Office outfit 2
Everyday outfit 1
Sport outfit 1
Sleep outfit 1
etc.

Basically how it is done in Newlife.

At the moment it's still a bit complicated if you do different activities after each other. So at least I regularly end up doing sport in my office outfit. This is not an issue most of the time but when an event happens it sticks out if you are the only person with no fitting outfit.
It's obviously not a big and important issue but it regularly pops up when I play.
It might also help with the occasional "naked at an event" bug which pops up sometimes when the game can't decide what you should wear.

Anyway love seeing how the game has developed over the last years.
Someone needs to post the first character models so new players realise how things have improved. :D
its quite easy, all you need to do is when creating your own scenes you write in the clothes you want worn with the actions, where when and who, that way they automatically are worn when you start to travel to different places, works very well for the 1000 or so mods that ive made and play with, and it saves time trying to reclothe all the time

Sikirash

Oct 3, 2018
If you look in LifePlay/Config/DefaultEngine.ini you'll see a section called "/Script/Engine.Engine". You can either play around with the framerate values there, or set bSmoothFrameRate to False to uncap it
Thanks. Setting bSmoothFrameRate=False did the trick :)

straydogg

May 9, 2017
Gotta love it, kudos to the one that come up with the orc kidnap scene, they even wear maskes, when they kidnap ya Fkn luv it

PhadarSolo

Sep 12, 2017
Could someone please post a de facto list of all the relationship types (Sibling, Dating, Spouse, Parent, Boss, etc.) in the current 4.1 build of the game. The 'Docs' folder seems to be devoid of this information, and it would be handy to have.

straydogg

May 9, 2017
Could someone please post a de facto list of all the relationship types (Sibling, Dating, Spouse, Parent, Boss, etc.) in the current 4.1 build of the game. The 'Docs' folder seems to be devoid of this information, and it would be handy to have.
one full Wiki coming up:giggle:

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
the only negative of the update is that many old problems are back.

periodically interaction with the NPC takes place in the walls (I wonder if it is possible to create a "safe" zone in the room, for example, 1...1.5 meters from all walls for all scenes, except "against the wall") so axis of interactions with NPC can't happen outside this zone?
Does anyone know if the system language settings (decimal point or comma) affect the game?

the problem with changing some characters that are replaced by others, but with the same parameters (name and surname changes, mostly)

sometimes there are children who have 3-4 parents registered? it seems to be a problem with mods not fully updated with the new syntax (although I only used a few mods distributed via Niko's mod manager

another feature: NPCs do not use furniture with several places, such as sofas - if there is a large sofa in the room, it will be empty, despite 3-4 seats on it

default rooms are always generated with the same texture for all surfaces and almost the same coordinates, although I'm sure it's not difficult to procedurally assign different textures for the floor and ceiling, at least. and add an imitation of a door that is present in the game, but is not generated in most rooms and is not visible in the editor?

Reactions: srg91 and Icebird

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
Damn! The new walking animation wearing heels is HOT! Instant hard-on. I tried to make a strip catwalk. Lined up tables, put chairs around it, put lights around it now I need markers where they walk outside the next one walks in but..... couldn't find the damn markers!
<<<<<<<kicking rocks

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: srg91 and Fuzzcat

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Damn! The new walking animation wearing heels is HOT! Instant hard-on. I tried to make a strip catwalk. Lined up tables, put chairs around it, put lights around it now I need markers where they walk outside the next one walks in but..... couldn't find the damn markers!
<<<<<<<kicking rocks
My thoughts exactly.
Now going to work is a real pleasure, seeing all the girls walking around!

Reactions: knurd

akuma35

Dec 26, 2020
How do I remove perks? Tried editing my save with a save editor but couldnt finde the entry which was related to perks

superfan2

Jun 26, 2017
Is there a list of up to date or recommended mods? I'm coming back to the game after a bit and would like to know if the updates broke anything.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Modding isn't working for me :cry:
First I couldn't create a plain folder with lpmod from scratch. Checked naming countless times, no special characters, fiddled with r/w/x, converted line-endings from LF to CRLF, but gave up and had to copy+replace an existing mod.

Problem now is trying to mod of vin_Base/Scenes/social/nude_dancer.lpscene, but no replacement happens (using separate folder as recommended: ririmudev_uni/Scenes/social).
Is there a debug mode? Also, any workflow tips would be much appreciated, as this won't work out if I can't improve my efficiency.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(note: I also downloaded notepad++ and configured the highlighting; seemed fine, though not quite used to this editor yet)

Deleted member 2476484

Modder
Jun 15, 2020
Modding isn't working for me :cry:
First I couldn't create a plain folder with lpmod from scratch. Checked naming countless times, no special characters, fiddled with r/w/x, converted line-endings from LF to CRLF, but gave up and had to copy+replace an existing mod.

Problem now is trying to mod of vin_Base/Scenes/social/nude_dancer.lpscene, but no replacement happens (using separate folder as recommended: ririmudev_uni/Scenes/social).
Is there a debug mode? Also, any workflow tips would be much appreciated, as this won't work out if I can't improve my efficiency.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(note: I also downloaded notepad++ and configured the highlighting; seemed fine, though not quite used to this editor yet)
Did you tested your scene via "insert" keyboard key?
Try to add 4 spaces at the beginning of your code, like:
C:
SceneStart()

Actor = generatePersonTemporary()

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list of up to date or recommended mods? I'm coming back to the game after a bit and would like to know if the updates broke anything.
Check the first page post, almost all is there.

And no, mods work fine, updates didn't broke anything.
As a matter of fact, is a good moment to start playing again, since the game looks great.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody tried making skins?

Seems like they don't stick to characters, they go away whenever you close the contacts menu.
Is there something I'm missing, or they simply don't work?
Tattoos work perfectly, tho.

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
Check the first page post, almost all is there.
use NickNo's mod manager (NickNo Ravenger Raddek)- most mods in it up to date and updated\fixed really fast(critical bugs - less than 24 hours) + rooms without curtains(still curious why it's not part of original game?!?). Most other completely outdated and bugged as Hell
And no, mods work fine, updates didn't broke anything.
Not true - saves from 3.x broken completely, if any mods used and partial, if not used. :coffee:

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
If you created a 'ririmudev_uni/Scenes/social' directory under modules i think you need create a "ririmudev_uni.lpmod" file too under 'ririmudev_uni', and turn on in the game's mod manager menu. If your file replacement doesn't work (used and opened files can't be deleted) rename your version of "nude_dancer.lpscene" file to "nude_dancer2.lpscene" and put it next to it.
Ingame you can use 'Ins' button to run a scene. Here type (or copypaste) te scene name without extension.
But the script will still run only if the conditions are met.

Example: you define the location to the bar, and the nightclub. But if your character is not there the script likely will not run.
Modify (or temporary delete) the "OTHER: Random(1, 100) < 1" condition.
(if you ask i temporary modify to this: "OTHER: Random(1, 100) < 101" to be sure run without the randoms resctrictions. Else your script likely work, but you have 1% to see something from it :) ).
After that test your script like described above.

...and as i see in your script you forget exchanging contact after making the npc permanent (what i mean: "exchangeContact(Actor)")

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes