knyght

Apr 21, 2017
Every time I have sex with a girl in this game i catch an std unrealistic and total bs maybe in the dark ages before modern medicine but now days beyond unrealistic. As I have a breeding fetish and hate condoms this makes the game very disappointing and not at all enjoyable for me to play. good luck with your game but as it stands and having to make a doctor tip after every sexual encounter, a hard pass for me.
Get the experimental vaccines perk. I am not sure if it is from the main game or the LL_Utils mod but it takes care of that.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Anyone else experiencing random total freezes?

It's completely random and there's no way to fix it rather than killing the task in Task Manager and losing all your progress. Started happening sometime between 5.1 and 5.6.

EDIT: seems it mainly happens when pressing the time Play/Plause button.
Happens only when I flay the
Every time I have sex with a girl in this game i catch an std unrealistic and total bs maybe in the dark ages before modern medicine but now days beyond unrealistic. As I have a breeding fetish and hate condoms this makes the game very disappointing and not at all enjoyable for me to play. good luck with your game but as it stands and having to make a doctor tip after every sexual encounter, a hard pass for me.
It was less likely back then, unless you were a sailor.
Get the experimental vaccines perk. I am not sure if it is from the main game or the LL_Utils mod but it takes care of that.
It's from the main game. I always get it for much the same reason.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Yeah, that perk is needed as it happens way too often. And there's only 1 STD and it's one like herpes. Unfortunately it's likely to happen before you get a chance to get that perk - sometimes on a MC's first time.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

It's completely random and there's no way to fix it rather than killing the task in Task Manager and losing all your progress. Started happening sometime between 5.1 and 5.6.

It can happen anytime the clock is moving so it's probably some rouge event that's got a bad variable or a bad line of code or something causing those freezes. I noticed it happening sometime around the same update range and even when I do a clean install the glitch pops back up.

Reactions: srg91

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
It can happen anytime the clock is moving so it's probably some rouge event that's got a bad variable or a bad line of code or something causing those freezes. I noticed it happening sometime around the same update range and even when I do a clean install the glitch pops back up.
So it must be a base game scene then. Any idea how to identify which scene it is?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
So it must be a base game scene then. Any idea how to identify which scene it is?
I'm assuming it's a scene, but it seems like a fairly safe assumption since it always seems to happen when a scene could trigger and not on a pause or during a sex scene. If it didn't completely lock out the game then it'd tell us an error message in game. If there's an error log then it's not in the base directory after one of those freezes.
I'm not an expert on this game, most I know how to do is stop scenes from triggering or deleting them or w/e. Maybe someone else can figure out how to identify the scene causing the freezes, assuming my previous assumption about it is right.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Was there a way to have newborns live with the mother instead of male PC? I thought there was, from perusing the NPC_gives_birth files, but I don't have it working.

PhadarSolo

Sep 12, 2017

Yeah, the game randomly locks up for me as well, thought it first started locking for me in 5.4.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Was there a way to have newborns live with the mother instead of male PC? I thought there was, from perusing the NPC_gives_birth files, but I don't have it working.
In contacts top right just click on to living elsewhere instead of living with me.

fooob

Jan 4, 2018
Why is it that whenever I marry a character and ask for them to move in with me, the game does not assign them to my home and gives me no way to do so myself? When I visit my home, they do not appear there, but if I click the "home" button in contacts, it takes me to a separate house?

Ano Nimos

May 14, 2022
did you add percentage of buildings to the map? that works fine with bath but if you do it with other maps,included dowloaded ones it can be bugged.
Something like 1-2% of the unknown buildings. But with such low % it didn't use to be a problem before tbh.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Why is it that whenever I marry a character and ask for them to move in with me, the game does not assign them to my home and gives me no way to do so myself? When I visit my home, they do not appear there, but if I click the "home" button in contacts, it takes me to a separate house?
Long term bug. Use the manage poly relationships (yes, even if there aren't poly relationships) and it lets you fix that and if they are considered only a boyfriend/girlfriend even after marriage.

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
If anyone uses the action "Order takeaway" to meet new NPCs, I expanded it a bit.

It adds a 15% chance to have your food delivered by a previous courier, even those you tried to exchange contacts with or seduce but rejected your advances (they might still refuse but they'll warm up to you with repeated deliveries).

Also, only if they gained enough attraction after having sex with you they will ask for you number, an offer you can refuse. If they don't, you got the option to ask them for a second roll of stats. And if this last option fails too, wait to see them again at your door to improve your chances. ;)

Place it in LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\home, confirm the overwrite and enjoy. (y)

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, the game randomly locks up for me as well, thought it first started locking for me in 5.4.
Which modules do you guys use (both Vinfamy's or 3rd party)?

Also, have you tried running the game without any so far?

hiddink

Jul 20, 2017
Yes it is:
View attachment 2042216

I did as you instructed (put folders from "Ravenger_Scenes" into the "Modules" folder itself), but the mods still don't appear in the Mod Manager. Do I need to start ta new game? Using v5.9 BTW.

EDIT: nvm, fixed that, turned out I had a messed up folder structure, because there's a "LifePlay" folder inside the "LifePlay" folder I have created as a main directory for the game. Who names folders like that is beyond me xd
Bro, you have overwrite all Vin_ with the game files and put lpmod alone in Modules

Luciomoretti

May 31, 2021
How make LifePlay.sh executable:
In terminal:

1) Open a terminal window
2) cd to LifePlay directory (e.g. cd ~/Downloads/LifePlay_2_14_Linux/)
3) chmod +x LifePlay.sh
4) Run LifePlay.sh
(Fresh/"Casual" Linux users: Linux is case sensitive. make sure you type LifePlay.sh, and not lifeplay.sh)

On KDE Plasma with Dolphin file manager:
1) Right click LifePlay.sh
2) Click Properties
3) Click Permissions
4) Check the checkbox for "Is Executable"
5) Click OK, then run LifePlay.sh
It should be very similar in other DE's (Gnome, Xfce, Budgie++)

View attachment 485857
In terminal:

3) chmod +x LifePlay.sh
4) Run LifePlay.sh
(Fresh/"Casual" Linux users: Linux is case sensitive. make sure you type LifePlay.sh, and not lifeplay.sh)

2) Click Properties
3) Click Permissions

View attachment 485857
In terminal:

3) chmod +x LifePlay.sh
4) Run LifePlay.sh

2) Click Properties
3) Click Permissions

View attachment 485857
So how do I extract it? I can't find anywhere to extract 7 zip on chromebook.x.x

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

Normally I play with Ravenger scenes but I was getting that with the base game and no mods on a clean install and fresh character.
Edit: realized what you're asking now. Only Base vin modules I have disabled are NTR and beastiality. All other base modules are enabled.

Last edited:

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017

With or with out 3rd party modules, random lockups require task manager to close program. Haven't tried disabling individual modules one by one to narrow things down.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes