larsV

Jan 13, 2018
' *\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\corruption ' literally everything in the folder is blank. It was a result of making corruption its own mod folder but that was years ago when the "mysterious modder" appeared.
so that whole folder can be removed from the scenes folder?

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
All You Have To Do is Open The Folder Cut or Copy Characters To LifePlay\Content\Modules, My Apologies For The No Pic.
no you don`t have to cut or copy them from the folder,you can put the folder whole in the modules section,leave them all in the folder and just add the folder to the section

Reactions: Wastelander92

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Kinks of the Month for October (v5.13 & v5.14)
please vote before 3 October
- x1 Weighted Poll for $1 to $4 Patrons:
- x3 Weighted Poll for $5 to $9 Patrons:
- x9 Weighted Poll for $10 or above Patrons:

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Kinks of the Month for October (v5.13 & v5.14)
please vote before 3 October
- x1 Weighted Poll for $1 to $4 Patrons:
- x3 Weighted Poll for $5 to $9 Patrons:
- x9 Weighted Poll for $10 or above Patrons:
Bugfixes. Anything else is pointless atm.

Reactions: srg91

PonaPon

Jan 17, 2018
How to figure out which scene causes a freeze?
Been only encountering this in Ravager's mod when my character is at home. Everywhere else doesn't lock the game up.

Game runs fine with no freeze without the mod though so if anyone knows how to find culprit scene, do tell.

Reactions: srg91

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Gotta love consistency of this game. Played years ago and played it now - it's still buggy as fuck.
if you think coding in unreal is so easy,why don`t you give it a go?,it is alway`s easy to complain,it is a free game,if you bought a game like cyberpunk,then yes you can complain about it.......btw and i don`t see anybody else working as hard as vini....btw there is a option. stop playing it if you only can complain. and this is not only towards you but to all the complainers who know better but do nothing.............

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Been only encountering this in Ravager's mod when my character is at home. Everywhere else doesn't lock the game up.

Game runs fine with no freeze without the mod though so if anyone knows how to find culprit scene, do tell.
it is just not me then,i have it too,i can`t find it either so i had to reinstall the whole game

Wastelander92

May 14, 2022
no you don`t have to cut or copy them from the folder,you can put the folder whole in the modules section,leave them all in the folder and just add the folder to the section
Well That's Really Good To Know Thank You, Made All Characters From within The Game Hope Everybody Enjoys. ;)(y)

Reactions: larsV

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017

I have been checking my mod over and over again, But I can't find the issue. I have even rewritten scenes too and still can find it.
I tried changing the Roommate tags to RoommateR.
I tried changing my pregnancy stuff because I thought it was an issue with 'Actor = getSpecific(Impregnated)'.
I have searched every folder & every one of my scene and see nothing wrong in the code.

The only thing I have not done is run every scene.

I need help to find out if my mod is really causing causing crashes and from where.
The only thing I could think of was that Vinfamy might had change the game in some way that effects my mod.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I have been checking my mod over and over again, But I can't find the issue. I have even rewritten scenes too and still can find it.
I tried changing my pregnancy stuff because I thought it was an issue with 'Actor = getSpecific(Impregnated)'.
I have searched every folder & every one of my scene and see nothing wrong in the code.

I need help to find out if my mod is really causing causing crashes and from where.
The only thing I could think of was that Vinfamy might had change the game in some way that effects my mod.
When the fantasy race update came out and everything started breaking I was getting the freeze even without your mod installed. Not the two related to the rude elf or the vampire attack, I was getting another one that wouldn't pop out an error message, it'd freeze and I'd need to kill the process. I was getting that glitch even on a clean install.
I'm not 100% certain but unless there's more than one broken scene causing the freezing I don't think it's your mod causing it, I think it's probably a scene in one of the default modules.

PonaPon

Jan 17, 2018

Only way I can think of is installing your split up mods one by one to test it out but I'll need time to do that.

When the fantasy race update came out and everything started breaking I was getting the freeze even without your mod installed. Not the two related to the rude elf or the vampire attack, I was getting another one that wouldn't pop out an error message, it'd freeze and I'd need to kill the process. I was getting that glitch even on a clean install.
I'm not 100% certain but unless there's more than one broken scene causing the freezing I don't think it's your mod causing it, I think it's probably a scene in one of the default modules.
For me it only happens when I have Ravager's mod installed.

On base game, I can spend in game days just at Home trying to trigger scenes and it never freezes.
As soon as I install the mod, that become too rng. Sometimes it freezes when I started doing anything at Home, sometimes it took its sweet time to happen but it will happen. Does not happen anywhere else though.

Nov 1, 2019
Modding question: what is the unit for the timeout/cooldown at the end of the scene file? in-game hours? days? real-time hours? or what other units?

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Modding question: what is the unit for the timeout/cooldown at the end of the scene file? in-game hours? days? real-time hours? or what other units?
You should go to the \\Lifeplay\Docs\Modding\Command_Functions\ and read the timeout related commands for the answer.
In short: this commands value are ingame elapsed hours what is modify the setting's scene freqency slider (higher value -> shorter timeouts). The timeoutprecise commands ignore this slider (but rarely seen in official mods).

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
On base game, I can spend in game days just at Home trying to trigger scenes and it never freezes.
As soon as I install the mod, that become too rng. Sometimes it freezes when I started doing anything at Home, sometimes it took its sweet time to happen but it will happen. Does not happen anywhere else though.
The most reliable freeze I found was playing a female PC and doing 'house work'. It might involve roommates, incest, Pregnancy and/or maid but not that sure. I am going to re-check fantasy to see if there is an issue too.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes